Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

VPX Funhouse WIP


  • Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#21 vanlion

vanlion

    3D builder

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family, World Cup Soccer (1994)

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

Ik

Hey Shoopity,
I am almost done. Maybe another day or two. I have added absolutely tons of detail to your table...objects too countless to list. The physical ramps and Vanlions ramps plus Rudy are now perfect. Every other object is exactly proportioned. Expect the table back in the next day or so for you to continue your work. Have not touched physics except for plungers. No lighting either. You guys know these areas better than I do.
 
Here is a teaser pick of the my progress:
fhteaser_t.jpg
 
This one is gonna be a good one guys.


Great work on this one. Maybe you can also do some mechanical sound recording? For example when rudy's eyes or mouth are moving you can hear the mechanics.

2 other things I noticed are the wires on the ramp are not at the good position anymore and at the steps ramp you see some White plastic at the right top. but the rest of it isn't visible because I also modelled the green board under the ramp. And to finish it ;-) in my last model I at the screws in rudy head but they are missing.

Good luck with the table

32.jpg


#22 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

Shoopity,

Just sent you the revised table back to you.

 

The one thing I just could not address to my satisfaction is the curved diverter that sends the ball down the two wire ramps. The real diverter is curved and not straight like on the table here. Vanlion...Any chance you can whip up another primitive for that diverter? This is the only glaring thing visually wrong with the table at this time.

 

Cant wait to see the lights and physics get dialed in.


Edited by wrd1972, 14 February 2016 - 03:48 PM.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#23 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Is this one?

 

div_t.png


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#24 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

Ninuzzu,

Thanks for doing this. But please refer to the pics below:

 

20160215_110138_t.jpg

 

20160215_110214_t.jpg


Edited by wrd1972, 14 February 2016 - 09:11 PM.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#25 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

Nice photos, I'll edit the one I have


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#26 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

Here the diverter

div_t.png

 

https://mega.nz/#!2B...Y5m9VuFeJUn6GNs

 

Just copy paste in the new table.


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#27 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

Thats it.

Shoopity now has the table back for revisions. He can add it to the next version.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#28 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Looking good, waiting for the final version :)



#29 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:54 PM

OK, the link in the first post has been updated to version 1.2.  I accidentally removed the side rails that wrd had put in; I was trying to set their .visible attribute to 0 if the table was in DT mode, but it wasn't happening and the last time I saved the table was after I had deleted them.  But I did add in some walls.  I also had to move a bunch of the flashers around.  I didn't replace the bumper cap models from Earth Shaker, but I did use the textures for the model (which meant having to re-wrap the existing model).

 

I think I'm going to try putting in a bunch of .showDT tweaks, like the tilting of the head for FS purposes, or the angle/position of the flashers being set depending on if it's FS or DT mode.  This version plays noticeably harder on my machine; that is to say, the performance of the table took a significant hit on my rig.  I'm only mentioning that because now it's exceptionally difficult for me to do any physics stuff (not that I was really doing much before).  I'm playing around with some ideas with what to do about the insert lights, but part of that is simply figuring out how to do what I'm trying to do in the first place.



#30 markrock76

markrock76

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:34 AM

The table has 4x Anti-Aliasing  and FXAA on by default so that is probably where the performance hit is coming from.



#31 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:53 AM

I likely did not turn off AA and FXAA when I sent it back to Shoopity. Those enhancements seem to play nice on my rig.


Edited by wrd1972, 19 February 2016 - 02:53 AM.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#32 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

OK, so I re-did the inserts.  Do they look any better?  Be honest.  What I did was make an insert plastic graphic in Blender (using Cycles), then used GIMP to cut out all the existing inserts, and put in my inserts beneath them.  I also darkened any of the text on top of the inserts because I thought it would make them pop more, but I may have over done it.  Seriously, is it any better, worse, or do you even notice a difference?

 

What else needs to be done?

 

Sorry vanlion, I'm not going to the screws in; too much work for such a tiny detail (at least in my opinion, you are always more than welcome to do it yourself).  Could you go into more detail about the wires and PCB?  I don't know enough of the physics to know what to change (both in VP and the real table).  If anyone knows anyone who's willing to work on it, let them know to grab this table and work their magic.  Unless I hear of other stuff that needs "fixing" soon, I'm just going to go ahead and post this soon.  I suppose I need to add B2S stuff (I don't have a cab, so I never think about that stuff).



#33 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

They are waaay better than before, but, as you said, maybe the text is too dark? It's step forward for sure


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#34 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

OK, so I re-did the inserts.  Do they look any better?  Be honest.  What I did was make an insert plastic graphic in Blender (using Cycles), then used GIMP to cut out all the existing inserts, and put in my inserts beneath them.  I also darkened any of the text on top of the inserts because I thought it would make them pop more, but I may have over done it.  Seriously, is it any better, worse, or do you even notice a difference?

 

What else needs to be done?

 

Sorry vanlion, I'm not going to the screws in; too much work for such a tiny detail (at least in my opinion, you are always more than welcome to do it yourself).  Could you go into more detail about the wires and PCB?  I don't know enough of the physics to know what to change (both in VP and the real table).  If anyone knows anyone who's willing to work on it, let them know to grab this table and work their magic.  Unless I hear of other stuff that needs "fixing" soon, I'm just going to go ahead and post this soon.  I suppose I need to add B2S stuff (I don't have a cab, so I never think about that stuff).

I will help with the cab stuff.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#35 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

I like these FS settings: 10, 52, 70, 270, 1.55, 1.85, 1, -188, 0, 400



#36 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

Always the first Link @Post #1 ?



#37 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

I found the same problem as in Dr. Dude in the flippers area - some inaccuracies caused weird ball behavior (sudden ball stop, acceleration, bouncing different direction, etc). I corrected both inlane walls and the flippers, adjusted flippers positions, size and the physics a little bit. It feels natural now. The physics of VPX is that good that it reacts on even small inaccuracies...

 

I noticed a slowdown of the ball when shooting it out with full speed on the right upper corner, maybe you can have a look at this. And I got a ball stuck at the left plastic ramp, near the Extra Ball hole (but on the left side). And somehow the whole playfield looks like a little bit foggy, looks weird.

 

Some inserts are missing, I think this is work in progress?

 

https://www.dropbox....rected.rar?dl=0



#38 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

Some News here ?



#39 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

I didn't get a chance to grab CK's table with his physics tweaks before it got taken down.

I lack the skill/ability to do the tweaks myself so he'll need to either upload his version again, or someone else can step up

I lack the skill/ability to do any more work on the inserts or even the playfield (there are tears all over the field if you look for them); that's probably a mix of the insert graphics as well as the Light Objects on the table (dialing in the right numbers)

 

Some things I totally agree with like the field looks "foggy", but I don't know what to do about that.  I don't know if it's the playfield graphic or some setting with all my GI lights (maybe increase the modulation and/or transmit while also increasing the Intensity??).  I already mentioned I don't feel like doing to the work to put in the screws into Rudy's head :-P, but anyone else is welcome to.  I'm just not a stickler for that kind of perfection, which is why I'm not a VIP ;-).

 

Is there anything else I need to address?  I just don't feel like this is official upload worthy, but I think I've hit my limit of my skill.  From the most recent 1.3 version you can grab in the first post, is there anything else you suggest?  I know, for example, the Hot Dog light/flasher is barely visible, but again I'm not sure what I need to do to make that look good (I know that's a graphic thing, and I know how to do some basic graphic work, I just don't know what needs to be done to make it look good).



#40 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Hey Shoopity, stop selling yourself short.  You do great work and you deserve VIP whether Rudy's head has screws or not.  As far as GI I personally always have modulate at 1 except for small concentrated lights at the bulb.  I don't like the foggy haze when modulate is lower.  Of course GI lighting appearance like a lot of other VP stuff is personal preference.