Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Terminator 2 - Judgment Day Hanibal's Chrome Edition [Visual Pinball X]

papa smurf jpsalas

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

    The Night Owl..

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • Location:South Carolina USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG



Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:47 AM

this table looks amazing.. and maybe its because of the newest VPX build but the physics are all wonky.. im trying to learn this vpx but not having much luck adjusting stuff :(



#22 PinballShawn

PinballShawn

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Changes Daily

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:26 AM

this table looks amazing.. and maybe its because of the newest VPX build but the physics are all wonky.. im trying to learn this vpx but not having much luck adjusting stuff :(

I'm glad you said it. I'm just not into VPX physics at all. The tables look really nice, but the real feeling isn't there yet. I know it's  going to improve but I'm still playing mostly physmod5 tables. 



#23 hanibal2001

hanibal2001

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Terminator

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:06 AM

I will optimize the physics at the next revision, because it is really not a good feeling on the table, and really complicated to target with the flippers...



#24 AndersArtig

AndersArtig

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:Aachen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse, Terminator 2, STNG

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

Hi hanibal2001,

 

it is possible to lower the speed of the cannon? Or can you tell how i can do this on my own?

 

Thanks :)



#25 hanibal2001

hanibal2001

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Terminator

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

The cannon is timed by the ROM, I'dont know if you can adjust it...



#26 AndersArtig

AndersArtig

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:Aachen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse, Terminator 2, STNG

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

The cannon is timed by the ROM, I'dont know if you can adjust it...

 

Ah, ok. My feeling was that it is slower at VP9 and PM5  :)  Thanks for the reply  :dblthumb:



#27 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:33 PM

The cannon is timed by the ROM, I'dont know if you can adjust it...

 

This is wrong, through and through

You'd know that if you spent any time at all in the script here

 

I'd love to know what you did to this table to warrant putting your name on it? I see 4 textures swapped, none of them truly for the better (the playfield image is much lower resolution) the table was made darker (somehow making it LESS chrome than 32assassin's table) - I see you added a few bolts, that's a good start, but you also screwed up the cannon!

The only real script change you made was done by Arngrim... I really did compare them, side-by-side. What the actual hell did you do here? The only visible changes I can truly perceive are cribbed from tipoto and no credit appears to be given anywhere, frankly I'm dismayed that no one is standing up to this nonsense, you've even been credited with producing a good example by toxie in the download comments which makes me a little sick. You're a terrible thief and you should feel terrible. It's one thing to actually change a table, and improve a table, and then CREDIT the authors, it's another thing entirely to steal a table and slap your name on it, and you are so much closer to the latter that no valid argument can be accepted to the contrary.

 

You stole randr's Monster Bash table from elsewhere and released it here, albeit with even less changes than this, and it was (thankfully) swiftly removed. I can't believe you're still doing it. This makes me sick.



#28 calium

calium

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AC/DC Premium

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:22 AM

much lower resolution? i expected it to be higer resolution becouse it is for 4k (i don't even have 4k). hm, did i delete the 32assassin's table to fast from hdd?

 

whatever is going on here, i really like hannibals cirqus voiltair 4k table mod anyways. it has some optical extras added. or has it lower resolution too?


Monkey see, Monkey do


#29 hanibal2001

hanibal2001

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Terminator

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hi freneticamnesic,

 

I don't know what's your problem is, but I doing community works and try to make things a little bit better.

I'am sorry that I'am not a profi like you, but I need's to start step by step and try to improve existent work and learning by doing.

 

And yes there are many differences you don't found, because you have not seen the differences (Original 31,2 MB, my version has 71,3 MB)  in the double file sizes or picture resolution itself...?

 

If you have a problem with improving things, you don't need to load it... :db:



#30 tipoto

tipoto

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters ; Terminator 2

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

I agree with freneticamnesic, I've been a little bit surprised to see a bunch of my models and textures used on this table and not even a mention of my name in the description.

It's not a big deal though, since I guess your intention is to help the community, but you should maybe investigate a little bit more about the material you use, so you would know the history of it.



#31 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

"Author: Hannibal + many"
Modding and improving tables for the community is fine but it seems a little disrespectful when you can't even spend the time to credit the people who put the bulk of the work into the table.

#32 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

Changing a texture doesn't mean you did the table, all the models are from tipoto FP table (tons of hours of work behind it) and u also used 32assassin's version as base for the script and the table layout, I would call it a mod instead :)

Nothing against you but there is a mod section in this forum where you can put your work and I think it will be even more appreciated ;)


Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2


#33 jesperpark

jesperpark

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 271 posts
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:45 PM

So the question i am thinking is will Tipoto be doing a VP10 version of Terminator 2 Chrome Edition???? 

 

Please???  :love39:



#34 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:31 AM

I think he's discussed before, the work he did on that table will not translate well to the new building methods. Personally I'll keep tipotos vp9 version on my cab, just because it's older doesn't mean it's not playable. It's still a shining example of table building and a joy to play.

Hi freneticamnesic,
 
I don't know what's your problem is, but I doing community works and try to make things a little bit better.
I'am sorry that I'am not a profi like you, but I need's to start step by step and try to improve existent work and learning by doing.
 
And yes there are many differences you don't found, because you have not seen the differences (Original 31,2 MB, my version has 71,3 MB)  in the double file sizes or picture resolution itself...?
 
If you have a problem with improving things, you don't need to load it... :db:

My problem is you're a proven thief.

#35 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:45 AM

Uncharted 4: A Thief Ends, coming soon to PS4 just so you people know.



#36 hanibal2001

hanibal2001

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Terminator

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:02 AM

Update to a new revision where many faults are corrected.

There is another update with a new script for creating randomize blinking red eyes at the skull, and another lights are light "fluctuating"

I create a modify cannon script where the ball is shown at the complete cannon movement with some shooting ready animation and a transparent cannon top cover.

I hope you like it :dblthumb: 



#37 RogerRoger

RogerRoger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway HS2

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

I am getting frame drop on the ball only when it goes through the right inlane and nowhere else. That unfortunately makes it unplayable for me, but it looks really nice.



#38 N3roflint

N3roflint

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Fake PInball

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:49 AM

I am getting frame drop on the ball only when it goes through the right inlane and nowhere else. That unfortunately makes it unplayable for me, but it looks really nice.

The original authors should be able to help you.

#39 RogerRoger

RogerRoger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway HS2

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:29 PM

Went ahead and played this table for a while despite the slowdown issue and was able to get to attempt super jackpot shots, so that's good enough.

 

First off, there was a huge black triangle on the screen the first time I started this table, but opening a different table, then re-opening this one fixed that.

The apron takes up way too much of the bottom space, so I changed the following:

X Scale: 1.2, Y Scale: 1.33, Y Offset: 200

 

Then it became apparent the flippers were not fast enough, so I changed their physics properties for them to:

Strength: 3100, Elasticity: 0.64, Coil Ramp Up: 2.5

 

Outside of that, this table seems great. Some might still complain the slings are weak, but I don't really mind that. Great job for all who contributed!



#40 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

 


 

You stole randr's Monster Bash table from elsewhere and released it here, albeit with even less changes than this, and it was (thankfully) swiftly removed. I can't believe you're still doing it. This makes me sick.

 

I knew it. There was a MM VP10 table on here a while back. Wondered why it disappeared. Was not aware of the "back story".


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: papa smurf, jpsalas