Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Buccaneer (Gottlieb 1976) FS [VP 9.x Cabinet FS B2S]

buccaneer media

  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

 

Raise the Dampening Speed on the Backdrop to 90 and this will make the table behave a little more slowly, like an EM of this era should.  Most EM tables of this era didn't have a big slope and the ball didn't move anywhere near as fast as it does on modern tables.  (Unless the operator jacked the back legs up on wooden blocks)

 

 

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong table in the VP editor (I had 3 tables open and was looking at the wrong one)

 

What I meant to say was lower the Dampening Speed to 30 to make the table behave a little more slowly.  Once again, sorry for the confusion.

 

If you feel it's too slow, feel free to raise it to a higher value. 

 

As for the Special bug, I haven't played enough to light the special and I haven't seen anything in the script to suggest it won't work but maybe someone else with more EM scripting experience can find that bug.

 

 

Best Regards,

Todd.


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#22 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,304 posts
  • Location:York, Pa. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

Got it...thanks

"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"


#23 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • Location:Waterloo, ON

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

I'll take a look and upload any changes.. Thanks for the notes on the plunger settings.


* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

 

 

 

#24 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • Location:Waterloo, ON

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:25 AM

1.3 uploaded.. It corrects the unlimited ball typo as mentioned above. The specials typo and specials reset coding issue along with the tweaked plunger settings noted above.

 

- Daryl.


* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

 

 

 

#25 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

    Pinball Wizard

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,304 posts
  • Location:York, Pa. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

Played quite a few games this morn with no problems. Thanks for the update. Still plays very fast, but that's OK. High Score 178460.


Edited by BobAlbright, 02 February 2015 - 01:15 PM.

"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"


#26 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • Location:Waterloo, ON

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Someone mentioned about changing the friction -- so give that a whirl. If there is a setting that is ideal .. post it back here. (Still learning myself about all the settings)


* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

 

 

 

#27 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

I think that was me, I think I suggested changing the contact friction to 0.0065 on the backdrop setting.


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#28 32assassin

32assassin

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 853 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

thanks for the updated,

 

small request,  I'm probably the only one that might want this.

 

 

but do you mind adding the Post-it image as a decal similar to what Loserman76 does.

http://www.vpforums....showtopic=30363

or

http://www.vpforums....showtopic=30069

 

some of us would rather have the high score in the backglass.

 

 

and I just uploaded a high quality wheel image for your table.


My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buccaneer, media