Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

shivaSite stripped playfield resource


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 shiva

shiva

    Hobbyist

  • VIP
  • 40 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Trigon



Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Getting all the boring stuff finished, now at the williams files to sort, rename, and delete the worst of the similar images. I will also be cropping a few down, I don't think we need a 2.5 meg image of the exactly same 12 target images do we? I made a couple quick corrections and a fast redraw of a few, these are saved at 24 bit png. The idea is to one day have a master set by table name, but we will see on that one.

I did find about 50 more stripped images, something for all era's. Even a full set of images for silver skater (1953 Williams woodrail) which has never been done before, but also others like cleopatra, what I pointed out earlier, and even... Wizard Blocks! (Forgot I even had them, whitewood, but I do have the artist initial drawn pf as a overlay)

I'm looking for a new free pdf program though, something that can save images from a pdf file. My old one just doesn't seem to want to work anymore, and I have a lot of pdf files as well. What a job though, but at the very least, I will finally get my files organized. Still have my own stuff to do, I have over 300 psd files, so that will be fun going through that one...

#22 TAB

TAB

    Out of order

  • VIP
  • 2,556 posts
  • Location:Berlin/Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: BOP The Machine



Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

Biggest thanks again smile.gif
...and for the stingray stripped one smile.gif

#23 shiva

shiva

    Hobbyist

  • VIP
  • 40 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Trigon



Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

Just to let everyone know, I have started deleting the old files, and will do a test upload very shortly, to do a check of the new system. Please be patient and wait until I am finished, and make another announcement. It would be best in a new thread, as there are a lot more than just stripped playfields now.

I need the time without other people routing around, so I can check the file structure, configure the upload system, and also to make any final changes to the new gallery pages. (and is it ever slick as well, jscript, full rss xml and moo tools) No membership will be required at all, it will be just a master image resource site

The upload should take about 12 hours when I start it. Some major stuff in there now, and well, it wouldn't really be a shiva site if there wasn't mass amounts of excessive content.

#24 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

Since Shiva's departure it appears that perhaps his resources are no longer available at http://shivasite.byethost22.com/ so I'm wondering if they are mirrored somewhere, and if they are, what are the chances we will still be able to use them in VP/FP tables? Thank you.


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#25 Popotte

Popotte

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 809 posts
  • Location:Paris

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: World Fair



Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

You can find Shiva's pics on eSnips: http://www.esnips.com/user/shiva

Les cons ça ose tout. C'est même à ça qu'on les reconnaît.

PopotteDMDredo.gif

 


#26 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

Thanks Popotte, while that is a huge resource, I don't think it is as complete as the one shiva was working on just before he left. Anyways, thanks again!! good.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image