Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

High Speed 1.0.5 FSLB VP912 [VP 9.x Cabinet FS]


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

thanks Wildman

#22 wildman

wildman

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 617 posts
  • Location:massachusetts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: all

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (bent98 @ Apr 3 2011, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks Wildman

no prob I hope it helps out rolleyes.gif



 


#23 scott-Detroit Pinball

scott-Detroit Pinball

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Location:detroit

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: banzai run

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (bent98 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 3 2011, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (wildman @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd nice job man just got done playing otvclap.gif but i made some adjustments for fs which I saw in the early
post..so here are the settings for fs tables which work good for me....
oh hey I did notice 1 prob when the balls drain they stay there.. it does not effect gameplay though
thanks heres the settings



Thanks for posting this wildman, and yes, it's as simple as saving a backup of the table and then changing the numbers in those boxes in the attached picture. tup.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.



Wildman I see what you mean. Krudge any change you can try out wildmans settings and let us know what we would have to change so the ball doesnt visibly drain at the bottom?



To each his Own, but I found these below setting to give the table a more realistic look; the settings you posted are fine but they make the perspective look like your floating above the table...
try these
Inclination= 10 - this tightens up the back sides of the game-- 3d look-- gives distance and depth perspective
FOV= 40-- higher the #, will make the back of the game more angled (you will see the sides of the popbumpers)
Lay Back= 70-- this # helps round out the front of the game, flipper and sling shot post appearance
x scale = 1.4
Y scale = 1.98
X offset= -445
Y offset= 160

I have a 42 LCD in my cabinet, I have to figure out how to get rid of the siderails that come with the table graphics, I want that to be Black to blend into the sidewalls to give the table more depth.
For some reason, the Ball seems to appear much to big for the table.
With the above settings, the one thing I dont like is the first Flasher on the left, doesnt look right.
Also, I am going to check into the flipper height and flipper rubber height, that also looks a tad off.

I love messing with the above features... I have been wanting this feature ever since I saw a FS table
Good Luck
Scott
Detroit Pinball


Some of my Games- Past & Present
http://www.flickr.co...itpinball/sets/
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#24 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (scott-Detroit Pinball @ Apr 3 2011, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bent98 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 3 2011, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (wildman @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todd nice job man just got done playing otvclap.gif but i made some adjustments for fs which I saw in the early
post..so here are the settings for fs tables which work good for me....
oh hey I did notice 1 prob when the balls drain they stay there.. it does not effect gameplay though
thanks heres the settings



Thanks for posting this wildman, and yes, it's as simple as saving a backup of the table and then changing the numbers in those boxes in the attached picture. tup.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.



Wildman I see what you mean. Krudge any change you can try out wildmans settings and let us know what we would have to change so the ball doesnt visibly drain at the bottom?



To each his Own, but I found these below setting to give the table a more realistic look; the settings you posted are fine but they make the perspective look like your floating above the table...
try these
Inclination= 10 - this tightens up the back sides of the game-- 3d look-- gives distance and depth perspective
FOV= 40-- higher the #, will make the back of the game more angled (you will see the sides of the popbumpers)
Lay Back= 70-- this # helps round out the front of the game, flipper and sling shot post appearance
x scale = 1.4
Y scale = 1.98
X offset= -445
Y offset= 160

I have a 42 LCD in my cabinet, I have to figure out how to get rid of the siderails that come with the table graphics, I want that to be Black to blend into the sidewalls to give the table more depth.
For some reason, the Ball seems to appear much to big for the table.
With the above settings, the one thing I dont like is the first Flasher on the left, doesnt look right.
Also, I am going to check into the flipper height and flipper rubber height, that also looks a tad off.

I love messing with the above features... I have been wanting this feature ever since I saw a FS table
Good Luck
Scott
Detroit Pinball


Thanks Scott! I love to see you guys getting in there and tweaking those settings in the editor to make things look and feel good to you personally! biggrin.gif
tup.gif

I can make a table, but I can't make up your mind!


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#25 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

Version 1.0.3 release notes:
-changed the layback view because there were not many fans of the 1.0.2 version
-removed the side-rails image too due to a few complaints
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#26 Rawd

Rawd

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 4,313 posts
  • Location:Edmonton, Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike



Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 10 2011, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Version 1.0.3 release notes:
-changed the layback view because there were not many fans of the 1.0.2 version
-removed the side-rails image too due to a few complaints


Personally, I absolutely love and prefer this 1.0.3 version over the 1.0.2. The layback settings are awesome.

This is one of my favorite tables, and you did an amazing job, not only on the HD playfield, but I really like the job you did with the physics as well. The ball reflections are very well done.


Build tables how you want to build them, and if others aren't fans of your personal preferences, then they can mod them themselves. I know it is easy to take things personally, but if you liked the siderails, then you should leave them in. smile.gif I had made a comment earlier in the thread, about the layback, and soon after I made the comment, I was wishing I could take it back. Letting an author know about a glitch is one thing, but trying to push your preferences onto him is another thing. So I apologize for that earlier comment. Layback settings are something that we can all learn to adjust for our own preference and player height.

Once again, thanks for the great table. smile.gif






 


#27 Shredhed

Shredhed

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 62 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Taxi

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

Nice job !!! Physics on ball are awesome !

Hoping you could help me out tho...
When i try and uncomment the line for the BackglassServ, i get a script error every time. The error reads
"wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment". Did i miss something ?

Thanx:-)

#28 DedRok_V

DedRok_V

    Crazed Pinball Wizard (Australia's Former #1)

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,238 posts
  • Location:Newcastle, Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Avengers Blue LE : Judge Dredd : Cosmic Princess

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Apr 11 2011, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Version 1.0.3 release notes:
-changed the layback view because there were not many fans of the 1.0.2 version
-removed the side-rails image too due to a few complaints


You should be able to release things how you see fit.
Unless theres a problem with the table itself,
I'm sure we can tweak the settings for ourselves.

BTW, thanks for the update Todd.

Edited by DedRok_V, 11 April 2011 - 03:30 AM.





Blueprint game : up to date list http://www.vpforums....s...st&p=147107

#29 gwjrabbit

gwjrabbit

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 98 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: black knight

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Shredhed @ Apr 11 2011, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice job !!! Physics on ball are awesome !

Hoping you could help me out tho...
When i try and uncomment the line for the BackglassServ, i get a script error every time. The error reads
"wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment". Did i miss something ?

Thanx:-)


Ditto. Only when using UVP, but still, annoying. It runs fine after that, but always throws the error.

EDIT: Fixed, from an old thread:

That means you're using a UVP backglass. make sure you comment out the line that says:

.SetDisplayPosition 0,0

make it look like this:

'.SetDisplayPosition 0,0


Edited by gwjrabbit, 12 April 2011 - 03:36 PM.


#30 Shredhed

Shredhed

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 62 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Taxi

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (gwjrabbit @ Apr 12 2011, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Shredhed @ Apr 11 2011, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice job !!! Physics on ball are awesome !

Hoping you could help me out tho...
When i try and uncomment the line for the BackglassServ, i get a script error every time. The error reads
"wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment". Did i miss something ?

Thanx:-)


Ditto. Only when using UVP, but still, annoying. It runs fine after that, but always throws the error.

EDIT: Fixed, from an old thread:

That means you're using a UVP backglass. make sure you comment out the line that says:

.SetDisplayPosition 0,0

make it look like this:

'.SetDisplayPosition 0,0



That did it!! Thanx Dood ;-)


#31 gwjrabbit

gwjrabbit

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 98 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: black knight

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Shredhed @ Apr 13 2011, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That did it!! Thanx Dood ;-)



Years of lurking and I finally help someone!!!

#32 ninjitsu12

ninjitsu12

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Location:Sao paulo

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: vortex,shark

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: ninjitsu12
  • 360 Gamer Tag: zabuza br

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

I have a problem when I start this table.appears a window
is written incorrect number of arguments or invalid property assignment

#33 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (ninjitsu12 @ Dec 26 2011, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a problem when I start this table.appears a window
is written incorrect number of arguments or invalid property assignment


Your answer is a few posts above yours.

read this or scroll up


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#34 ninjitsu12

ninjitsu12

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Location:Sao paulo

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: vortex,shark

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: ninjitsu12
  • 360 Gamer Tag: zabuza br

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

the link is offline

#35 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Version 1.0.5 for VP912 release notes:
my pin-cab version of High Speed
-added Koadic's IM Plunger
-minor graphical tweaks
-fix minor things that were annoying me

 

 

Best Regards,

Todd.


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#36 numiah

numiah

    Pinball Fan

  • Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Thank you for this update of an already beautiful table.

With the previous version I had some sound issues.

I'll report back when I tried this 1.0.5 version.

 

EDIT : Tinkering mech sounds level improved it. Still some crackling/blurry audio when more than one sound plays (shooting outer loop for example).


Edited by numiah, 14 February 2013 - 07:35 PM.

**Each pinball machine is a tiny universe... that we control.**


#37 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Thank you for this update of an already beautiful table.

With the previous version I had some sound issues.

I'll report back when I tried this 1.0.5 version.

 

Well the sounds are handled by vpinmame so I don't know how I can fix a problem for that... :search:


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#38 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I get an Vb script error beforetables lauches. It says object does not support this property or method. Hit ok and tables runs fine.

 

What gives?



Nevermind, it was a B2S BG issue. Heres the fix

 

 

VBScript - Object doesn't support this property or method look for this line in the script and comment it out: .SetDisplayPosition 0,0 by putting an apostrophe at the beginning of that line. Then save the table.



#39 numiah

numiah

    Pinball Fan

  • Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thank you for this update of an already beautiful table.

With the previous version I had some sound issues.

I'll report back when I tried this 1.0.5 version.

 

Well the sounds are handled by vpinmame so I don't know how I can fix a problem for that... :search:

 

I understand :)

 

With the "tilde" function it's possible to do extensive configuring of the sounds.

I think I just need to tinker it a bit.

 

Thank you for this wonderful creation !


**Each pinball machine is a tiny universe... that we control.**


#40 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

Anyone who downloaded the 1.0.5 update today, please re-download the file.  I'm very sorry but one of the fixes I made 'vanished' so I had to re-upload the fixed file.  Version number stays the same though.

 

 

Best Regards,

Todd.


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image