Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mr and Mrs. Pinbot vp9 - WIP


  • Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#221 wonderpuddle

wonderpuddle

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Pinball Magic

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (Rawd @ Sep 19 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif

I really feel that this was a language issue. Sometimes french translation can come across sounding rude, when I think he was just trying to answer the question that UncleWilly had asked.

Just make the table how you like it UW, and the rest of us can make changes afterward if we want to. smile.gif


Scott, as always, your tables are looking killer. Can't wait to play these two.

And for what it is worth, I think Rawd is probably right here about the language issue. I've read a lot of posts (not just in this thread) that seem a bit rude to me, but I've also noticed that they are almost always by someone with another country's flag in the profile, so I just assume there is a lost in translation issue.



#222 BarfHappy

BarfHappy

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Bride of Pinbot

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

UW, don't worry, whatever you decide (keeping the table unreleased or taking a break), we'll still love you for what you contributed.

As a pinball lover, you have my gratitude.

(thaaaat said, as a TM:BOB table lover i long for playing this recreation of yours).

Take care-

#223 FDSystems

FDSystems

    Eclectic end-user

  • Charter Member
  • 2,477 posts
  • Location:Bahia

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (wonderpuddle @ Sep 20 2010, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Rawd @ Sep 19 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif

I really feel that this was a language issue. Sometimes french translation can come across sounding rude, when I think he was just trying to answer the question that UncleWilly had asked.

Just make the table how you like it UW, and the rest of us can make changes afterward if we want to. smile.gif


Scott, as always, your tables are looking killer. Can't wait to play these two.

And for what it is worth, I think Rawd is probably right here about the language issue. I've read a lot of posts (not just in this thread) that seem a bit rude to me, but I've also noticed that they are almost always by someone with another country's flag in the profile, so I just assume there is a lost in translation issue.




Are you calling me a foreigner?
YOU are the gringo! wink.gif

(Sorry being out of topic, I could not help commiting this language issue)

For UW:

"You go your way, I´ll go mine!" Bob Dylan.
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd



#224 powerchisper

powerchisper

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 243 posts
  • Location:Sevilla

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Dracula

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE
I really feel that this was a language issue. Sometimes french translation can come across sounding rude, when I think he was just trying to answer the question that UncleWilly had asked.


In fact , that's why I sometimes write "excuse me for my English" at the end of my posts.

Spanish is a "strong" sounding language , and sometimes I have to measure my words for some stuff is untranslatable.

There are also things we don't understand in English , paraphrases with no translation , etc.

Even if it is not related to this forum or this post , I'd like that everybody learns languages here by posting funny sentences.
Please correct my English if it is necessary.

Any funny words or sentences you can teach me are welcome too !!!

This way I'll learn about pinball but English as well.

#225 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hey guys, come on! Let's stop preaching moralism. Please, enough! Let's play pinball!

Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#226 TheKeef

TheKeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location:Smoking a J behind the arcade

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TheMachine:BoP

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

I am sure, that once people see and play this version themselves, the angle will be the least of their worries. And being independent as it is, problem solved before it begins. Let's bring this topic back full circle and talk about the anticipation and tables.

An UW version of BoP and it's getting really, really near.

"Now I can speak" "Oh, No!"

Yeah, I'm stoked. lusty.gif

Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor. Cancer Killing Ninja.

#227 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

unclewilly's circuits activated

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#228 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

Great! Thekeef's enthusiasm is making me excited too lusty.gif .
I can't wait... Must be getting really good!


Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#229 WhenLit

WhenLit

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Location:Paris, France

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: TZ, Xenon, TOTAN, IJ, EBD, ...

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Sep 19 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (WhenLit @ Sep 19 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it will be angle independent, then this table is good for me!
I apologize to compare your work with other authors. It's because hundreds of tables have already been released.
Some of them are close to perfection (IMO) and I don't understand why they are not copied in their look&feel.


Do you realize WhenLit that your attitude is killing us table authors? When people post messages with a poor mental attitude, like yours, us table authors don't want to share our work any more.


Best Regards,
Todd.



Dear kruge99,
I've been playing pinballs since more than 30 years.
I really enjoy to play them.
VP will have 10 years old next year. 10 years of pleasure because many authors worlwide gave us the ability to play or (re-)discover these fabulous pinballs.
My attitude is a constructive attitude because I just want to help authors in their contribution to the VP community.
I'm not English fluent. I can't do complex sentences. Just few words. I do the best to be the most comprehensive as possible.
Sometimes I can do misuses.
Do you understand that?
Initially registered in March, 2001.

#230 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

enough said, everythings good
back to the bots

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#231 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

If anyones curious as to what gameplay looks like, they can watch me play Pin*Bot on my webcam in the chatroom starting........now
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#232 Grizz

Grizz

    Art Guru

  • VIP
  • 1,105 posts
  • Location:Stony Creek

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd


Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

let it go brother..
u ARE a top author
i know this..and so do the others :}
and the pinbot plays amazingly!


Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]


Posted Image

#233 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Sep 20 2010, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyones curious as to what gameplay looks like, they can watch me play Pin*Bot on my webcam in the chatroom starting........now


Thanks Mwong168, Moogster66 and Destruk for watching a little bit of Pin*Bot. Thank you also UW for this wonderful table.

I was playing Pin*Bot for about an hour in there showing off both 4:3 and FS. I just wanted the oppurtunity to offer a rare glimpse of a beta table being played LIVE biggrin.gif. I probably should of asked you first UW, I hope you don't mind. I had good intentions for everyone smile.gif

edit: also moogster I about laughed my ass off when you left and said "Thanks for giving me a PEAK." You must of meant peek because no way was I intending to give you an erection. LOL

Edited by Sabbat Moon, 20 September 2010 - 09:01 PM.

If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#234 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

That was a typo on my part Dude! I meant peek! LOL!!

I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image

#235 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (moogster66 @ Sep 20 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was a typo on my part Dude! I meant peek! LOL!!



lol, so funny:tongue3.gif

Also haha if it were BOP you may have gotten a little bit away with it biggrin.gif

Edited by Sabbat Moon, 20 September 2010 - 09:12 PM.

If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#236 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

spent the whole day with lighting. to get as much light effects as possible i had to do some rebuilding.
I'm going for as close as i can get to this video. http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
There is a lot of flash effects that i don't think i'll be able to get, but i'll do my best.

I didn't replace the bulbs so they aren't as pure white as the ones in the videos, mine are a little older and amber colored

anyway here is the on and off textures for the gi lighting and the playfield lights.


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#237 TheKeef

TheKeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location:Smoking a J behind the arcade

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TheMachine:BoP

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:30 AM

Dude, hell yeah. Another one that steals the vibe of the local arcade for me. The pinball is kept in the darkest glare free section they have, this one has that warm fuzzy, not brand new glow. Good work. Can't wait to see it flash tongue.gif.

Edited by TheKeef, 21 September 2010 - 02:39 AM.


Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor. Cancer Killing Ninja.

#238 The Trout

The Trout

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Who Dunnit

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

Beautiful! Can't wait to see it in motion. Looks just like the one at Famous Sam's downtown!
Mary Elizabeth's Sock
It's About A Girl. And Crime. But Mostly About A Girl.

#239 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:13 AM

looking damn good. I can't wait to have my pinballs in her mouth. One thing though, how come you can see the red in her mouth when the lights are off, but you can't when the lights are on. In the comparison pic with the lights on her mouth is all black inside smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#240 nebrunner

nebrunner

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 259 posts
  • Location:Omaha

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BIG GUNS!!!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Sep 20 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking damn good. I can't wait to have my pinballs in her mouth. One thing though, how come you can see the red in her mouth when the lights are off, but you can't when the lights are on. In the comparison pic with the lights on her mouth is all black inside smile.gif



Man I don't remember this game seeming so overtly sexual when I played it way back when. I had to check the year it came out to see how old I was, I guess I was in my twenties so it's not like I was 11 or anything. I must just be getting to be a dirty old man, none of you guys probably even see any innuendo there and now I am labeling myself as a freak.