Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Hanz FSS ( Full Single Screen ) VPX LED Re-Creations

FSS hanzoverfist Full Single Screen LED MOD MOD VPX

  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#181 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

Great work.

 

I try a handful of them in my laptop yesterday... some of the tables show a extreme use of light, especially in Medieval Madness. Can't even see the ball lol

 

TEST done: Using a default VP 10.3 installation. (I installed it all before running FSS tables), first time installation in that Laptop.

 

All of the tables (tested) works, only thing "too extreme" is reflection and/or lightning.

 

Keep up the good work!



#182 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

@vamp light is heavily affected by screen size, when played on a large display in FS the impact is diminished, but same table in FSS is more affected, and on a small screen even more.

 

EDIT : For me no confusion about what a pinball machine is , hands down its a light show.. the use of contrasting colors in the images and the use specifically of flashers and now bright LED, only enforces my belief in that, but I will admit MM is maybe going too far!  I will pull back  the rains on it.. 

 

In any event I always seek out examples of tables and try to copy its color and lighting intensities for evening play, two examples of MM and they are both quite representative of what I have. In one video the DMD is so bright you can't even see behind it's reflection.

 

EDIT2:  new version of MM with flasher intensities dropped, still a light show, but 33 to 50% decrease:

<<< Link to Medieval madness removed due to reasons given below in next post >>>

 


Edited by hanzoverfist, 17 April 2017 - 03:42 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#183 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

*********************************************************************************************************************

Until further notice  , do not use the latest beta build (10.3.3038) as it affects most of my FSS table background/backglass rendering

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

 

ALSO

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

Found the problem with the lighting, If you updated vpinmame.dll from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 will cause major lighting anomalies in lights/flashers, increasing intensities by 800x fold, when tables using SolMod modifiers. I am modifying my FSS tables like Medieval madness.. etc.. 

 

*********************************************************************************************************************


Edited by hanzoverfist, 17 April 2017 - 03:40 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#184 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

I'm going to try to sneak a VP installation onto my work laptop, just so I can play these Hanzoverfist mods in FSS. They look awesome!

Edited by Ben Logan, 17 April 2017 - 02:10 AM.


#185 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

I'm going to try to sneak a VP installation onto my work laptop, just so I can play these Hanzoverfist mods in FSS. They look awesome!

 

Trouble is a brewin' at Ben's workplace!


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#186 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

Found the problem with the lighting, If you updated vpinmame.dll from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 

my version is :  It does not match any of the 2 you offer , Where to find your version ?

 

 

15.jpg

 

 

 

and No tables load...problem sol


Edited by fripounet, 18 April 2017 - 10:15 AM.


#187 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

*********************************************************************************************************************

Until further notice  , do not use the latest beta build (10.3.3038) as it affects most of my FSS table background/backglass rendering

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

 

ALSO

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

Found the problem with the lighting, If you updated vpinmame.dll from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 will cause major lighting anomalies in lights/flashers, increasing intensities by 800x fold, when tables using SolMod modifiers. I am modifying my FSS tables like Medieval madness.. etc.. 

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

 

Hmmm.. But both actually should still work as before..

2.9 did not bring any major update with the SolMods (as far as i remember), and for VPX we did just wire up the new FSS setting that is by default copied from the DT settings..

Weird..



#188 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

 

Hmmm.. But both actually should still work as before..

2.9 did not bring any major update with the SolMods (as far as i remember), and for VPX we did just wire up the new FSS setting that is by default copied from the DT settings..

Weird..

 

 

Hi toxie, It's not the DLL per say, but it's possibly poor implementation of GI and SolMod in the tables like Medieval madness.. I'm fixing these tables now, I have different tables and the SolMod is working fine due to proper implementation.. but I have a version of vpinmame.dll 2.8 and everything is very different lighting than that of 2.9 now I don't know why, but the problem only seems to occur when you increase the lighting dramatically like I do(of course), but I got the 2.8 here on vpforums.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#189 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

If you have the version of vpinmame.dll 2.8 dated Jan 19,2017, get rid of it it has a ModSol bug.

So between this vpinmame Bug and the new 10.3.3038 vpinball backdrop bug almost every table in FSS are affected.  

 

 

This is the perfect opportunity,  so I will be taking the tables offline, so as to edit one by one to extend the compatibility between all formats FS/DT/FSS all in one file.


Edited by hanzoverfist, 18 April 2017 - 01:40 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#190 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

with r4253 16/04/2017 no tables load .

Your tables are closely related to the version of pinmame.dll.

Is there a generic version ?


Edited by fripounet, 18 April 2017 - 10:29 AM.


#191 toxie

toxie

    VPF Veteran

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Location:berlin, germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

The VPM version that Hanz stated was never an official one, so if you are on either the official 2.8(b) from this site or the 2.9 beta from this site, then you have the correct one.

(unfortunately Hanz himself had the custom one ;))

As for the backdrop problem in FSS: I already added a patch to VP 10.3 beta that restores the old behavior which will be available in the next build.



#192 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

So almost completed the first tri-vpx or xXx for short table supporting FSS/FS/DT all in one table, and this particular table also has EM and 7Seg Display support (in FSS only of course). And is the first time (almost) that I frame the backglass..

 

jokerpokeremmodeclipboard_t.png

jokerpokerledmodeclipboard_t.png

jokerpokerfsmodeclipboard_t.png

jokerpokerdtmodeclipboard_t.png


Edited by hanzoverfist, 18 April 2017 - 07:56 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#193 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

Love what you're doing with the lighting on these, Hanz. Very artistic.

#194 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

Love what you're doing with the lighting on these, Hanz. Very artistic.

 

Pinball is a form of pre-electronic art.. yes indeed...


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#195 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

 

Love what you're doing with the lighting on these, Hanz. Very artistic.

 

Pinball is a form of pre-electronic art.. yes indeed...

 

 

I'd love to be a part of a pinball manufacturer that embraced and manufactured original, hand drawn, pinball themes that in turn were in demand by the public.  I'd sign up for that in a heatbeat.

 

Best Regards,

Kruge99.


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#196 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

Like the game zaccaria pinball on steam  :otvclap: 

#197 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

Like the game zaccaria pinball on steam  :otvclap: 

I don't like pinball simulators that follow the ball with the camera.. it's annoying... 


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#198 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

@fripoo Here is your wide body! it's coming soon.

 

genieclipboard-1_t.png


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#199 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

@fripoo Here is your wide body! it's coming soon.

 

genieclipboard-1_t.png

thank you hanz  :dblthumb:.

she is magnificent.     I exaggerate perhaps, but Circus (Gottlieb) is also in your project?


Edited by fripounet, 20 April 2017 - 10:14 AM.


#200 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

 

@fripoo Here is your wide body! it's coming soon.

 

genieclipboard-1_t.png

thank you hanz  :dblthumb:.

she is magnificent.     I exaggerate perhaps, but Circus (Gottlieb) is also in your project?

 

 

I need to fixup all the other tables into mixed FS/FSS/DT first..


space-invader-wheel1_t.png






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSS, hanzoverfist, Full Single Screen, LED MOD, MOD, VPX