Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Capcom Kingpin WIP


  • Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 UncleReamus

UncleReamus

    Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:San Luis Obispo, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway



Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

I've made quite a bit of progress on this table!
The table is scripted now, using almost all the script from the original version of this table by Destruk and myself. Destruk has also been giving me help when I need it with new script snippits and what-not. wink.gif

The GI-Lighting in place is temporary until Noah can get a shot at it and some other lighting effects. The GI on the real machine is really cool: There are two strings of GI -normal and red- similar to T3's 'Red Mode', so it will be fun to see what Noah cranks out. dblthumb.gif I still need to work on a few plastics... due to the limited source material for this table I'll probably have to redraw and touch-up the last few that are left.
If anyone has a really nice backglass image, please let me know... I'm not 100% happy with the clarity of the backdrop yet.

Left to do would be flashers, GI, fading lights, most of the sound effects, and then finishing touches such as screws, nuts, bolts, etc...
I'd also love to find a way to fix the flipper emulation problem with this game, but I dont think the complex hardware that controls them is able to be emulated, maybe Destruk could weigh in on this...

I've been playing the crap out of it ever since I got it to load a ball... this is a REALLY fun game IMO; it really is too bad Capcom closed down their pinball division before this one and BBB got mass-produced.

Anyway, enough blabbing! wink.gif


Posted Image


#2 rossicomputers

rossicomputers

    Gustavo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Location:Boston MA USA

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight 2000

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:17 AM

Looks amazing Uncle....

Waiting for the release...


Rossi

#3 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:36 AM

I never understood why Capcom didn't go into full manufacture of this game, it's fun to play.

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#4 Joe

Joe

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,378 posts
  • Location:60016

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (Practicedummy @ Nov 18 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never understood why Capcom didn't go into full manufacture of this game, it's fun to play.

They shut down there pinball part.

#5 rschudej

rschudej

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:Kennewick, Wa.
  • Favorite Pinball: LOTR

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:09 AM

looking foward to it...hope its soon...smile.gif

#6 TAB

TAB

    Out of order

  • VIP
  • 2,556 posts
  • Location:Berlin/Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: BOP The Machine



Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

Looks great smile.gif
...and can delete it from my todo list wink.gif

#7 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Looking very good cool.gif
Posted Image

#8 Shooby Doo

Shooby Doo

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Location:ATL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:47 PM

Looks awesome! Colors are nice and vibrant.

#9 vic viper

vic viper

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts
  • Location:Planet Gradius

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

yeah i know Capcom had some awsome pinballs.

I just wish they never got out of the oinball business.


SHOOT THE CORE

#10 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

That makes me wonder: Whenever I played the older table, things really didn't seem to work like they were supposed to.

Fr'instance, that "Sudden Death"-esque mode at the end was supposed to have the flippers die at the end of it, but I could keep playing.

Was that a ROM fault (prototype stuff)?

The table's looking really smooth so far.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#11 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,239 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

Great Progress UR! Also an update on CP?? wink.gif

Cheers,
FD.

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#12 strangeleo72

strangeleo72

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 372 posts

  • Flag: Argentina

  • Favorite Pinball: VIRTUAL PINBALL



Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

WOOOOWW Great!!!

You do it whit Free Angle (like JP) for FS Mode????

Please DONT FORGET THE FS MODE For USERS!!! hehehhehe

cool.gif cool.gif
Strangeleo Pinball Entusiast and Photographer!!!

Posted Image
(thanks Grizz for the DMD)

#13 mars007

mars007

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Location:Croatia

  • Flag: Croatia

  • Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Very good.
cool.gif

#14 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Nov 19 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes me wonder: Whenever I played the older table, things really didn't seem to work like they were supposed to.

Fr'instance, that "Sudden Death"-esque mode at the end was supposed to have the flippers die at the end of it, but I could keep playing.

Was that a ROM fault (prototype stuff)?

The table's looking really smooth so far.

The McD


I noticed that too. I would suspect the rom being the issue.

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#15 UncleReamus

UncleReamus

    Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:San Luis Obispo, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway



Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Nov 19 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes me wonder: Whenever I played the older table, things really didn't seem to work like they were supposed to.

Fr'instance, that "Sudden Death"-esque mode at the end was supposed to have the flippers die at the end of it, but I could keep playing.

Was that a ROM fault (prototype stuff)?


The Sudden Death mode does not work because the power to the flippers is electronically controlled. In the real game, the flippes get weaker in sudden death... I do not believe this is possible in VP or in the VPM emulation.
There were some other problems with the old version that are now fixed; such as the back gates and the direction that locked balls are released durring multiball. There were also a few flashers and lights mixed up.

This version will feel more complete, despite the lack of the sudden death feature. We'll just all have to use our honest flipper fingers when time runs out smile.gif

Posted Image


#16 computerfrk1

computerfrk1

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 555 posts
  • Location:Texas

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Earthshaker

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:31 PM

This is a table I always thought deserved a good overhaul as far as the flipper issue goes maybe it can be controlled since we can manually fix the strength in the option part of the editor maybe there is a way to script it starting with a number equally full power and going down from that

#17 humid

humid

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 743 posts
  • Location:London Ontario

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight



Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

Can't wait to bring my trigger fingers to this hot looking update. Always found this one a frustrating table, ball just didn't seem to come off the flippers in a consistent manner. Quite alot of neat DMD activity and voice acting and delivers a nice long game. It was a shame that Capcom couldn't keep things going to see this garner the attention it deserves.
I tawt I gawt a weepway

#18 Joe

Joe

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,378 posts
  • Location:60016

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (computerfrk1 @ Nov 19 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a table I always thought deserved a good overhaul as far as the flipper issue goes maybe it can be controlled since we can manually fix the strength in the option part of the editor maybe there is a way to script it starting with a number equally full power and going down from that

The game has 2 game play modes one with the flipper power and one that is like other pinball games with the power mode as end of game bonus. also if hit the shot a long time after time runs out it adds time and restarts the mode.

#19 computerfrk1

computerfrk1

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 555 posts
  • Location:Texas

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Earthshaker

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

That's unusual maybe it should be done with todays games mfg's might get better rules trying to use such a feature

#20 Edwards80

Edwards80

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location:Stockport, UK

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Looking forward to the release of this update.

Hope you don't mind but I have posted a snippet about this WIP on my blog - http://1000whenlit.c...worth-watching/


Latest post 1st Dec 2009 : Huge lot of Solid State machines on Ebay Australia