Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

White Water VPX WIP


  • Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#1 flupper1

flupper1

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Visual Pinball

Contributor

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

white-water-pinball-machine-topper-logo0

 

After Diner I researched on a new table to work on. I wanted a challenge and I wanted to do it in cooperation with several people. So: here is the start of the WIP for White Water VPX!

 

The people I asked to help me with this are:

Ben Logan: plastic redraws, testing

Dark: modelling the mountains and Bigfoot

Clark Kent: research, resources, playfield reconstruction

Wrd1972: conversion VP9 to VPX, table physics & construction

Me: wire and transparent ramps, lighting, plastics & textures modelling & rendering, etc

 

Contributors so far on content:

JPSalas: original VP9 table

Tom Towers: preliminary bigfoot model

Clark Kent: found a friend with very good images of the playfield and upper playfield, not yet available on the web

Arcade4: many images of the rocks for Dark

 

And now for the first shots:

I started with creating new inserts textures in Blender. These are the first two, fully 3d modelled and lit in Blender:

screenshot032_t.jpg

 

screenshot050_t.jpg

 

When inserted in the new playfield in the first conversion from VP9, it looks like this:

screenshot040_t.jpg

 

 

 



#2 poposchmatzer

poposchmatzer

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Location:North Rhine-Westphalia

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Williams T2

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Diner and BK2K are great tables and I'm sure the next one also. I think your sidewalls look the best especially for my backdrop settings. Thanks a lot!



#3 blashyrk

blashyrk

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Location:Norway

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, White Water

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Blashyrk

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

YES!!! this is going to be so amazing :D



#4 TNT2

TNT2

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Depends on the day

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

:yahoo:



#5 sasa12345

sasa12345

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: indiana jones

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

Dinner is the best table so far... :otvclap:

Good luck with this project, whatever the quality of



#6 Thalamus

Thalamus

    VPF Veteran

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 5,007 posts

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Omg - I heard some rumours and have seen some shatter about wanting material for this machine. But, guys, looking at who is actually teaming up on the release I can't be anything than very excited. This is one of the machines that I feel is very good on PM5. Can it be improved ? -Sure, by you guys - I'm confident that it will.


From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.


#7 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

love your crazy attention to detail flupps...  


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#8 Patrick2610

Patrick2610

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location:West Jakarta

  • Flag: Indonesia

  • Favorite Pinball: Any 80s to Early 90s Tables

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

Wonderful Choice Flupper1!!

#9 greeze

greeze

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, Attack from Mars, Theatre of Magic & Medieval Madness

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:54 AM

If Diner is anything to go by, WW will be equally epic!

 

Looking forward to it... :) 


Cabinet Build YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube....78ywgSq46UXFqjw

 


#10 Nemo

Nemo

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,283 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

/Drool mode on/  :drool:


Gone fishin', no really.......

My F14 Cab http://www.vpforums....showtopic=21820

My Coffee Table http://www.vpforums....topic=25407&hl=

My Jukebox WIP http://www.vpforums....topic=23825&hl=


#11 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

wow ... i hope, the WIP is together with TT&NZ, have seen something about the Models ... :tup:



#12 Rajo Joey

Rajo Joey

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Location:Niedersachsen

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Abra Ca Dabra and many old EM-Tables

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

That will be another extraordinary table :otvclap: :dblthumb:


Rajo Joey - My front-end-files; Hundreds of Audio- and Videorecordings in high quality for Playfield (4k/60FPS) and Backglass (HD), Wheels & POV-Files: The Media-Post

https://www.facebook...02697096474910/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPAddicts/

https://www.facebook...oups/VPjunkies/


#13 roar

roar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

This is a top 5 pin of all time for me in the real world, can't wait to see this recreation, what a great team.



#14 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

Nice A-Team!



#15 scottywic

scottywic

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 191 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fathom, Scared Stiff, Hobbit, BK2K, Whitewater

  • 360 Gamer Tag: scottywic

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

Easy top 5 pin. So original and tough. Love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*****************************************************************************************************************
Do you do 3d Modeling & Want to help Design Original Tables? Please Message me! =)
*****************************************************************************************************************
scottywic___desktop-mfke3vq.png


#16 shannon1

shannon1

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 244 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: black knight

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

I don't want to start with the whole "balls" thread again, but if Flupper could make a hairy Bigfoot ball, that would be cool!😂

#17 krille81

krille81

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Junk Yard, White Water, Star Wars (Data East)

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

Yes!!!!! Thank you :) love this table

Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

#18 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

I have begun work on Big Foot.  I start with fuzzel's old 3D photo scan as a base mesh and then gradually begin to convert it into a high poly sculpt.  I've also been looking into some low poly fur solutions to try and give him more of a fuzzy outline instead of a hard edge.

 

bigfootprogress1.jpg

As I smooth out the rigid geometry of the original scan I lose some detail so I have to manually sculpt it back in,  also the original's face is symmetrical where as the real life one is cock eyed so I start to make those adjustments as well.



#19 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:45 AM

very very nice work in the model!



#20 flupper1

flupper1

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Visual Pinball

Contributor

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

I started working on the ramps, there sure are a lot of those in WH2O! And they are all next to each other, on top of each other and connected sometimes... But this is the progress so far in Blender:

screenshot102_t.jpg

 

screenshot113_t.jpg

 

screenshot121_t.jpg

 

I will be using simplified versions of these ramps as physics ramps in VPX, tested this with several of these already. When the rest of the table is finished, I can render these ramps in the same way as for Diner, and use that as textures for the final VPX ramps.

 

These ramps imported in VPX (with a temporary material) looks like this:

screenshot131_t.jpg

 

Most of the inserts are finished, most of them based on a newly made, Blender rendered insert plastic:

rectangleburst_t.png

 

round03_t.png


Edited by flupper1, 08 April 2017 - 11:05 AM.