#1 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,062 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Whoo hoo its done, DOFLinx V5 can be downloaded from here once approved.

Well, version 5 started out with the intent of experimenting with addressable LEDs and the Teensy unit, but then as usual things got out of hand.  I’ve managed to do nothing with the addressable LEDs .... yet, but other fun stuff has happened.

The main new items are …….

• Support for Pinscape in its native mode
  • Support for Ultimate I/O
  • Active back glasses for Pinball FX2
  • “Settings” menu to switch relay controlled devices in your cabinet
  • Ability to kill other processes via messages and supplementary INI files

If you are upgrading from before version 4.30 then read the version 4.30 section of the release notes, as you will need to add the intensity value to a number of your LINK_XX= lines in your INI file.

For those with Pinscape or Utimate I/O boards, you will need an appropriate branch of the DOF R3 framework.  For Pinscape, mjr has created a version that I’ve tested with my Pinscape that is linked to from his site.  For Ultimate I/O, rambo3 has been doing great work to get that device and everything else wrapped into one new DOF R3 version.  I would suggest going for the rambo3 version if unsure.  Rambo3 is working actively to get one consolidated version, something I whole heartedly support.

I’ve made the Pinscape and Ultimate I/O additions such that for those without those devices you don’t need to upgrade your Direct Output Framework.

For Pinscape devices you can continue to use the device in LEDWiz emulation if you want, that will continue to work just fine.  Obviously using all outputs and true 255 output levels will not be possible.  Unless you need your device in LEDWiz emulation its best to turn that off so that DOFLinx only detects one device.  There is no problem with DOFLinx detecting two devices, ie Pinscape and LEDwiz (emulated), you should simply use the Pinscape device and ignore the LEDWiz.

If you plan to setup B2S active backglasses for Pinball FX2 there are a couple of points to consider.  Firstly, I’ve created 11 x directb2s files so far, I’ll be uploading them shortly.  I’m certainly no artist, and these are my first back glass attempts.  I am most happy to help the more artistic out there setup the link between back glasses and FX2 files.  Secondly, the B2S server is designed to bring itself into focus and be on top, this can cause focus issues with Pinball FX2.  DOFLinx works actively to put Pinball FX2 back on top.  If you use a long PROCESS_TO_ACTIVE_TIME= so that you can use the FX2 grid instead of direct game assignment from something like PinballX frontend, then you may notice the focus issues more.  A simple Alt-tab will fix the focus issue, but for a cabinet you don’t really want that.

If you have specific questions or configuration issues please start a new thread specific to your issue in the DOFLinx forum.  This makes it easy for people to help one issue at a time and for those who follow later to pick up the solution more easily.

For testing and support, thanks to Outhere, rambo3, BritXpatUSA and as always TerryRed.

The release log contents are:

V5.0
- Fix bug where DOFLinx crashes if no output devices are detected
- Allow DOFLinx to run, but warn, without any valid output devices being detected
- Save the position and size upon exit and restart in the same spot and size next time
- Allow DOFLinx to run without having L_FLIPPER_OUTPUT and R_FLIPPER_OUTPUT defined
- Improve handling of memory read when waiting for FP link to establish
- Pinscape controllers are now detected as Pinscape controllers.  If you have LEDWiz emulation they will also detect as LEDWiz devices making it look like you have two devices.
  Use the Pinscape controller as the PWM divisions are far more accurate, ie 255 divisions as opposed to 49.
  One day I'll find out how to tell a real LEDWiz from an emulated one and suppress the emulated one.
  You will need to have the Pinscape capable version of DOF R3 from mjr loaded for Pinscape controllers to work
  If you decide to stick with the non Pinscape DOF R3 Framework then simply add PINSCAPE=NO to the command line when you start DOFLinx otherwise you will get a .NET framework error
- DOFLinx now writes some settings to the registry
  This is mentioned just in case you strike security issues with the registry and the user you are running DOFLinx under
  Ideally you would have DOFLinx set to run as administrator
- New parameter PATH_FX2_B2S= This is the location of any FX2 B2S files
  Default will be the executing directory
- New parameter PATH_B2S_SERVER= This is the location of the B2SServerEXE.exe on your machine
  Default is C:\VP\
- Fix issue where the log file could drift into another folder as opposed to the one where DOFLix starts
- Add new command for FX2 being FF_B2S
  Used to command the B2S backglass for the FX2 game, ie "FF_B2S B2SSetData 2,1" to turn on lamp #2
  Valid B2S commands are B2SSetData, B2SStartAnimation, B2SStartAnimationReverse, B2SStopAnimation, B2SStapAllAnimations
- Improve the timing of the process activation detection
- Add detection of Ultimate I/O board for outputs
- Add a new command KILL=xxx to stop another pocess on your cabinet
  ie send a message on exiting PinballFX2 to ensure its closed via launch after in PinballX
  DOFLinxMsg "KILL=Pinball FX2"  (The double quotes are only required due to the space in the name
- Fix Test Device and Test RGB where trying to go beyond the number of devices you have connected would cause a dot net error

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#2 kiwiBri

kiwiBri

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: STNG/TAF/IJ

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

This is most excellent! Thanks so much. 

One thing to note, is that Pinball FX3 is now in closed Beta, and they have said that they are possibly expanding Cabinet Support. Not sure what that means, but from what I'm thinking its still a long way away.  Still a lot of life for FX2 & DOFLinx!

Edited by kiwiBri, 07 July 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Completed: (For now ;) )  - My 46/30/DMD Judge Dredd Cab Build

#3 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

This is most excellent! Thanks so much. 

One thing to note, is that Pinball FX3 is now in closed Beta, and they have said that they are possibly expanding Cabinet Support. Not sure what that means, but from what I'm thinking its still a long way away.  

I think it means a lot more work, and hopefully a lot more fun!

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#4 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

Excellent stuff!  Now as a result, PFX2 now is a complete cabinet experience!

How far you have come from the good old KEY TO OUTPUT days!

#5 rambo3

rambo3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars!

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

Freakin' Fantastic, thank you so much DDH69 for taking the time to do this. I'm going to try merging mjr's changes in tomorrow, do a compile, and see what happens.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thumbs up!

#6 miotrocarajo

miotrocarajo

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: AC DC

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hi, how can I tell if my ledwiz is compatible with doflinx? I still do not understand direct output and I have not managed to make it work, I have only achieved with ledblinky.

Hi, how can I tell if my ledwiz is compatible with doflinx? I still do not understand direct output and I have not managed to make it work, I have only achieved with ledblinky.

This is my version of ledwiz

4fee1abb40b1b28b01e4457df5d118e3o.jpg

In detail

USB 2.0 (Full Speed) Processor Speed: 48Mhz Endpoints: 3 (Control + HID + HID Config) Refresh rate between HID reports: 1mS 32 PWM outputs (48 gray levels) available USB bandwidth optimization required not to negatively impact other connected USB devices Without multiplexing. All outputs can be simultaneously enabled without problems Configuration software (compatible with Windows XP or higher): The outputs are only functional using our DLL and compatible software (such as LEDBlinky) Saving of all configuration in EEPROM own non-volatile memory This product comes with your USB cable, instruction manual and DVD with Advanced Configuration Software + Extras Technical specifications Connection USB 2.0 (Type B Connector) Dimensions 67x63x15mm Drivers Generic Effective refreshment > 200 Hz Departures 32 - darlington by negative open drain, with 48 levels (PWM) of gray each - USB Behavior Generic HID LED indicator Yes Operating Temperature -40 to 85 ° C Interface Weight 100 grams Warranty 6 months Power Consumption 2.5Wh (0.5Ah @ 5VDC)

#7 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

DOFLinx works through the Direct Output Framework R3.  So, if you have Direct Output Framework R3 installed and your LEDWiz is supported, just run DOFLinx with DEBUG=1 set.  If the device is recognised it will be in the log shown on screen and output to DOFLinx.LOG.

Its fun to go on the journey of setting this up, so I encourage you to give it a try.  IF you expect to have a number of questions as you get started, perhaps start your own thread of the journey.  That way people can follow your story and will find it a lot easier to help you without he clutter of other messages.

DOFLinx

#8 itsfja

itsfja

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

DDH69

It installs, it detects my Pinscape but also detects an LEDWiz, may I presume this is an emulated subsidiary of the Pinscape? So power devices are off the pinscape 1xx and LED's off the LEDWiz 2xx? As it stands, I have only one device and that's the plunger but I'll try to expand ... I do have an unconnected LED string awaiting a power convertor. Many thanks for supporting my device of choice.

09-Jul-17 16:56:40.946 - DOF Linx for Pinball Emulators - DOFLinx by DDH69
09-Jul-17 16:56:40.962 - Starting up - version 5.0
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.025 - 1 Pinscape device(s) found
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.025 - DOFLinx device: 1 Initializing as Pinscape #1 with name=Pinscape Controller
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.071 - DOFLinx device:1 Pinscape setup with 33 outputs
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.087 - 1 LEDWiz device(s) found
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.087 - DOFLinx device: 2 Initializing as LEDWiz #1 with ID=0
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.087 - DOFLinx device:2 LEDWiz setup with 32 outputs
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.087 - 0 FTDI (Sainsmart) device(s) found
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.103 - Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
09-Jul-17 16:56:41.103 - Reading DOF config file

#9 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Yes, if your Pinscape is in LEDWiz emulation mode then you will see two devices in DOFLinx.  The Pinscape emulation is very good and there is currently no way to tell if its a real LEDWiz or the emulated device.  I made DOFLinx detect Pinscape devices first ready for the day when there is some indication of it being an emulated LEDWiz at which time I can suppress the second device.

You will notice that your Pinscape has 33 outputs detected and the LEDWiz 32.  This is one of the benefits of using the native Pinscape device, all outputs available and all 255 output levels.

If you don't need LEDWiz emulation for any other system, you can, as I have, turn it off through the Pinscape configuration.  If you choose to leave it on, then simply address your toys via DOFLinx device #1 and nothing via device #2.

DOFLinx

#10 BritXpatUSA

BritXpatUSA

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: wizard

• 360 Gamer Tag: BritXpatUSA

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

Massive congrats the DDH69 on the version 5 milestone...excellent work!
Looking forward to the teensy and programmable leds
Shout to Rambo3 also, great work to get Ultimate I/O working with dof...and sainsmart 16 port...;-)
Let the fun continue.....
Thx
Brit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#11 GInsonic

GInsonic

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 188 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Thanks DDH69 for your great work, your DOFLinx is a great step forward for us  :otvclap:

I am just testing the new B2S feature. When starting PBFX2 with PinballX, the backglass currently steals the focus and the table disappears behind the loading picture, but I think, I will handle this soon.

#12 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Thanks DDH69 for your great work, your DOFLinx is a great step forward for us  :otvclap:

I am just testing the new B2S feature. When starting PBFX2 with PinballX, the backglass currently steals the focus and the table disappears behind the loading picture, but I think, I will handle this soon.

Try changing PFX2 to Borderless Windowed. This solved that issue for me.  I normally don't like using Borderless Windowed for gaming, but PFX2 runs fine for me.

#13 GInsonic

GInsonic

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Try changing PFX2 to Borderless Windowed. This solved that issue for me.  I normally don't like using Borderless Windowed for gaming, but PFX2 runs fine for me.

Thanks Terry, I already tried that, but then DOFLinx interrupts PBFX2, when it activates the backglass, and I have to press Escape to continue. Hmhh strange, but I keep on testing...

#14 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

Focus and timing are the certain enemies of B2S with FX2.  A couple of thoughts:

1. Check that you have the FX2 backglass relocation turned off

2. Set PROCESS_ACTIVE_WAIT_TIME=1 in your INI  (I think I've got the parameter name correct, check the guide - at work at present)

3. Ensure PinballX is set to hide the backglass when starting the game

DOFLinx

#15 GInsonic

GInsonic

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

Focus and timing are the certain enemies of B2S with FX2.  A couple of thoughts:

1. Check that you have the FX2 backglass relocation turned off

2. Set PROCESS_ACTIVE_WAIT_TIME=1 in your INI  (I think I've got the parameter name correct, check the guide - at work at present)

3. Ensure PinballX is set to hide the backglass when starting the game

Thanks for your answer !

1. I had never turned it on, so OK

2. This parameter currently makes no difference regardless which value I set (I tried 1-10)

3. I now tested without PinballX to exclude possible influences

Well, here are my current results:

Focus stealing never happens, when PBFX2 is started in frameless window mode !

When I start PBFX2 shortly after DOXLinx, in 9 from 10 cases the gameplay is interrupted and I have to press Escape to continue.

When I wait about 10 seconds to start PBFX2 after DOFLinx was started, the gameplay is interrupted in 1-3 from 10 cases only

This only happens, when B2S parameters are set and the backglass is started.

Here are two log files, one when gameplay was not interrupted and one, when it was interrupted (same table).

Please see the differences in the log (lines with GAMEMODE mode=1 action) , maybe you can find something.

Gameplay interrupted:

11-Jul-17 10:51:35.343 - DOF Linx for Pinball Emulators - DOFLinx by DDH69
11-Jul-17 10:51:35.350 - Starting up - version 5.01
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.016 - 0 Pinscape device(s) found
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.035 - 0 LEDWiz device(s) found
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.043 - 0 FTDI (Sainsmart) device(s) found
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.051 - DOFLinx device: 1 Initialising as PacLed64 #1
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.092 - DOFLinx device:1 PacLed64 setup with 64 outputs
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.097 - DOFLinx device: 2 Initialising as PacLed64 #2
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.101 - DOFLinx device:2 PacLed64 setup with 64 outputs
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.106 - Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
11-Jul-17 10:51:38.117 - Reading DOF config file
11-Jul-17 10:51:39.125 - Found valid process name of 'Pinball FX2'
11-Jul-17 10:51:39.132 - Setting FX2 process ID to :8320
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.140 - Activated by process name : 'Pinball FX2'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.145 - Serching for FX2 game name
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.151 - FX2 window with game name found .... extracting from 'Pinball FX2 - American Dad! Pinball'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.156 - Game name = 'AmericanDadPinball'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.163 - Named process detected and startup commenced
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.170 - Loading FX2 configuration file C:\Spiele\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\Plugins\DirectOutput\FX2\AmericanDadPinball.FX2
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.177 - Process has administration rights
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.193 - FX2 EXE name=C:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.exe Size=9742848 bytes, Dated 01.07.2017 20:37:36
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.198 - Applying memory offsets for FX2 version circa 4/12/16
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.203 - FX2 full link active for game name=AmericanDadPinball
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.242 - B2S Backglass loaded - AmericanDadPinball
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.250 - Building restricted colour palette for game name = AmericanDadPinball
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.256 - Turning on fixed RGB out Device=1 Output=43 colour index=1
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.264 - Turning on fixed RGB out Device=1 Output=46 colour index=3
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.269 - Turning on fixed RGB out Device=1 Output=52 colour index=11
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.608 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #0 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLOL,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.614 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #1 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLIL,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.619 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #2 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLCN,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.623 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #3 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLIR,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.628 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #4 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLOR,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.633 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #5 of 'FF_DEV,DV_SR,0'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.637 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #6 of 'FF_DEV,DV_BK,0'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.641 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #7 of 'FF_B2S,B2SSTOPALLANIMATIONS'
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.648 - Link is turning off device #21
11-Jul-17 10:51:41.652 - Link is turning off device #22
11-Jul-17 10:51:49.557 - There are no OFF actions for SCOREMODE
11-Jul-17 10:51:49.788 - Activating process disappeared so stopping things
11-Jul-17 10:51:54.943 - Shutting down
11-Jul-17 10:51:57.020 - Program close

Gameplay not interrupted:

11-Jul-17 10:49:39.770 - DOF Linx for Pinball Emulators - DOFLinx by DDH69
11-Jul-17 10:49:39.777 - Starting up - version 5.01
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.460 - 0 Pinscape device(s) found
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.472 - 0 LEDWiz device(s) found
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.477 - 0 FTDI (Sainsmart) device(s) found
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.482 - DOFLinx device: 1 Initialising as PacLed64 #1
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.518 - DOFLinx device:1 PacLed64 setup with 64 outputs
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.524 - DOFLinx device: 2 Initialising as PacLed64 #2
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.532 - DOFLinx device:2 PacLed64 setup with 64 outputs
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.538 - Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
11-Jul-17 10:49:42.548 - Reading DOF config file
11-Jul-17 10:49:52.610 - Found valid process name of 'Pinball FX2'
11-Jul-17 10:49:52.618 - Setting FX2 process ID to :5040
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.628 - Activated by process name : 'Pinball FX2'
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.632 - Serching for FX2 game name
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.639 - FX2 window with game name found .... extracting from 'Pinball FX2 - American Dad! Pinball'
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.643 - Game name = 'AmericanDadPinball'
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.649 - Named process detected and startup commenced
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.655 - Loading FX2 configuration file C:\Spiele\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\Plugins\DirectOutput\FX2\AmericanDadPinball.FX2
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.662 - Process has administration rights
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.676 - FX2 EXE name=C:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.exe Size=9742848 bytes, Dated 01.07.2017 20:37:36
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.680 - Applying memory offsets for FX2 version circa 4/12/16
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.684 - FX2 full link active for game name=AmericanDadPinball
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.722 - B2S Backglass loaded - AmericanDadPinball
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.729 - Building restricted colour palette for game name = AmericanDadPinball
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.735 - Turning on fixed RGB out Device=1 Output=43 colour index=1
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.741 - Turning on fixed RGB out Device=1 Output=46 colour index=3
11-Jul-17 10:49:54.746 - Turning on fixed RGB out Device=1 Output=52 colour index=11
11-Jul-17 10:49:58.767 - GAMEMODE mode=1 action #0 of 'FF_COLOUR,BLACK,RGB_DF,0'
11-Jul-17 10:49:58.774 - GAMEMODE mode=1 action #1 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLOL,FL_FD,6,750,100,DEEP_SKY_BLUE'
11-Jul-17 10:49:58.779 - GAMEMODE mode=1 action #2 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLOR,FL_FD,6,750,100,DEEP_SKY_BLUE'
11-Jul-17 10:49:58.783 - GAMEMODE mode=1 action #3 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLIL,FL_FD,6,750,100,MEDIUM_TURQUOISE'
11-Jul-17 10:49:58.788 - GAMEMODE mode=1 action #4 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLIR,FL_FD,6,750,100,MEDIUM_TURQUOISE'
11-Jul-17 10:49:58.792 - GAMEMODE mode=1 action #5 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLCN,FL_FD,6,750,100,LAWN_GREEN'
11-Jul-17 10:49:58.797 - GAMEMODE mode=1 action #6 of 'FF_B2S,B2SSTARTANIMATION,TITLE'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.604 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #0 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLOL,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.612 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #1 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLIL,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.617 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #2 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLCN,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.621 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #3 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLIR,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.625 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #4 of 'FF_FLASHER,DV_FLOR,FL_OFF,1,1,100,RANDOM'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.630 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #5 of 'FF_DEV,DV_SR,0'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.635 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #6 of 'FF_DEV,DV_BK,0'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.639 - SCOREMODE mode=1 action #7 of 'FF_B2S,B2SSTOPALLANIMATIONS'
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.644 - Link is turning off device #21
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.648 - Link is turning off device #22
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.984 - There are no OFF actions for GAMEMODE
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.989 - There are no OFF actions for SCOREMODE
11-Jul-17 10:50:02.998 - Activating process disappeared so stopping things

Edited by GInsonic, 11 July 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#16 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the great analysis.

It seems like the guarantee is to run in frameless window mode.  Is there a reason to run in anything else?

The logs you provided are interesting.  I will have a closer look tomorrow when I haven't had a glass of wine with dinner!

DOFLinx

#17 GInsonic

GInsonic

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

Enjoy your wine and have a good night (it's about One PM here and sleeping for me is far away yet ;)

:winetoast:

Edited by GInsonic, 11 July 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#18 Baronir2d2

Baronir2d2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: Family addams

• 360 Gamer Tag: Baronimg

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Hello.
I'm having major problems installing doflinx on my CAB, I have an FX2 pinball version with cabnete mode enabled. My CAB has 3 screens.

I configure the file doflinx.ini with the correct outputs of my equipment, 7 solenoids, 1 shacker motor, 1 gear motor, 1 strob, 5 RGB channels for flahs. Use Ledwiz Clone (LWclone).

My problem is that whenever I run a FX2 pinball table the shacker motor is active, it is activated even before the table is released to play, the flipers are not activating the contactors but activate the lights flashed when I press the Flipper, even so the motor shocker stays active all the time and sometimes it turns off and on again ..... this symptom makes me believe that the outputs of the ledwiz are wrong or configured wrong in the file doflinx.ini, but in tables of the FP using Only the ledwiz plugin the operation is correct, and I've set up the doflinx.ini file with the same configuration as I have in my ledwiz (LWclone).
So I do not know what to do, I know I'm wrong about something, and I'd like your help.
Can anyone pass me the link from an initial step by step, preferably with video so that I understand what I am doing wrong?
Well I've read the manuals I found and still can not understand my mistake.

thank you.

#19 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

See the reply to your other post here http://www.vpforums....e=2#entry382937

DOFLinx

#20 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

Any chance of allowing gamepad button presses trigger DOFLinx without running something like joy2key?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DOFLinx