Causinruckus

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Jurassic park

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

I updated my Pinmame.dll on the weekend to upload some stern tables, but now I'm having an issue with the dmd, getting a notification that says no dmd device driver found, now if I revert back to my old vpinmame.dll all is good again, anyone have this issue and can point me in the right direction? thanks

#2 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

the new VPM version has subdirectories included for each DMD type (PinDMD1/2/3,etc). so you have to look at these and pick the one that you own and copy the dlls from in there into the main VPM directory.

this is an intermediate thing as we wanted to get away from having a special VPM compile for each DMD type and moved towards this external handling.

"soon" there will (hopefully) be only one unified DMD driver that will steer all of them automatically.

#3 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,294 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

I too, had this issue and ended up going back to a previous installation. None of the responses I had mentioned anything about these new subdirectories. I just looked for those sub directories and did not find them. I suppose they are only the full VPX installation package. I look forward to the "unified"version! Thanks Toxie

"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"

#4 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

its all in there, i just double-checked: http://www.vpforums....&showfile=11571

#5 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Yup--my bust--I was thinking of the Vpx installation, which, of course, is a completely different thing.

#6 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

same also for the VPX installer. there you can even choose the type of DMD and it will automatically do the copying of the right dlls.

#7 Causinruckus

Causinruckus

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

Thanks toxie I will look into this on the weekend appreciate the help.

#8 Causinruckus

Causinruckus

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

okay so now i have another issue i updated the vpinmame and put the pindmd2 files in the directory, now when i go to pinmame setup and try a test rom dmd works, but when i go to load a table in visual pinball i am still getting a notification that says no dmd driver installed? any suggestions what im still missing here, again if i revert back to the old vpinmame everything works great.

#9 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Enjoyed on a regular basis.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

I restarted the cab today. The last time before a few days everything worked as it should. Unfortunately the PinDMD2 is again not working. I know that there are maybe other possible reasons why it does not work at the moment too. Please do all that the hardware is supported flawlessly under windows 10 out of the box. I do not have much time for error searching right now but it is again frustrating for me to see it does not work again. I hope that there is no other error from windows or the mainboard involved. Is there any other user with problems with PinDMD2 and windows 10?

Attached File  pindmd2 error.PNG   4.78KB   5 downloads

Attached File  hardware not found.PNG   2KB   2 downloads

#10 Johngreve

Johngreve

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 342 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars TESB (sound mod),Pinball Magic,Ghostbusters,Dozers AFM,VPX table of Indiana Jones the Pinball Adventure

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:30 AM
I updated my Pinmame.dll on the weekend to upload some stern tables, but now I'm having an issue with the dmd, getting a notification that says no dmd device driver found, now if I revert back to my old vpinmame.dll all is good again, anyone have this issue and can point me in the right direction? thanks

I'm pretty useless around here when it comes to being able to help out but I had the exact same problem last month when I updated to the latest version of VPM. It turned out in my case I had to get some updated Windows 7 flies. DJRobX handed me over to Lucky1 at VP Youniverse. There's a thread called "code change to enable SAM LE driver board support". If you go to about page 27 of that thread you can find and read my saga and my solution. You should also be able to find the link to the Microsoft site for the update. It was the solution to my problem....maybe it'll help you. I'd provide the link for you here if I knew how...sorry

#11 atarian

atarian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: EMs

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

I have the same. If I revert back to the previous DLL it works fine. I have the correct pindmd2 files in the pinmame root directory. Tried several times registering the new DLL through setup but only older versions work. Thanks

#12 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

I think I might have been first to discuss this issue. I ended up going back to a previous version as well after trying several suggestions from those who responded to my post. The only thing I did not try was to do the full all in one installation which is supposed to put everything in the proper place. I'm half afraid of overwriting everything in that I may end up in worse shape than I was. If you find a solution please post it. Thanks

#13 Johngreve

Johngreve

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 342 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars TESB (sound mod),Pinball Magic,Ghostbusters,Dozers AFM,VPX table of Indiana Jones the Pinball Adventure

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

Atarian and Bob....
If you guys are running Win7 with Service Pack 1 I'm relatively confident if you try as I suggest in post 10 above you will
Find your solution.......I was a skeptic at first but Lucky1 at VP youniverse was correct and I needed his recommended upgrade.
Like you two, I was back and forth owith versions of VPM because the newest ones did not work and I'd get the no DMD device driver error. Please check out the thread I recommend above.....your answers to your problems are in all lilkihood there. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If those updates files don't help you out please ask Lucky1 there for help.

In post 10 of this thread I was trying to answer the question in post 1by causinrukus......I can't figure out how to do the quote thing......n

Edited by Johngreve, 13 January 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#14 atarian

atarian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I just flew overseas for a few days but will try that middle next week. Thanks

#15 imajonzin

imajonzin

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 116 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

I may have run into this by accident.  I did a complete hard drive re-build with Windows 10.   My VPM would launch properly.  I was working on DMD locations so I deleted a rom entry in the register (trying to reset a DMD location).  After I did this, I got this same error.   I then looked in my recycle bin and noticed some deleted files (including the dll file that the error called out).  I restored the files that got deleted and it seemed to work.   Not sure if this was a coincidence, but it might be something easy to check.   

43" (4K)/27/19, i5 16G Ram,  Windows10 Pro, GTX970,  zebboards, Corsair SP2500 sound

#16 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Enjoyed on a regular basis.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

Foe me the following solved the problem. (Post #5)

http://www.vpforums....974#entry368014

#17 atarian

atarian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

For me the error I got was 'DMD device not found' rather than a driver message with the new 2.8b version, and going back to the previous version worked.

The solution suggested by Johngreve just worked for me (Thanks!).

To summarise:

Install:

https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=26767

Initially I got an error running this about a service not running, so I started the Windows Update service temporarily, installed the above, turned off Windows Update, restarted the computer, and the new Pinmame 2.8b works.

Many thanks for Toxie for all the work in this version :).

Edited by atarian, 16 January 2017 - 08:46 PM.