mite6

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• Flag: Bulgaria

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones `93

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hello people i accidently get biggrin.gif a Philips Virtual Pinball controller and i want to ask you what can i do with it? smile.gif
can i play VP Tables?
can i conect it to windows 7? (This thing have a strange conectors smile.gif )
Is this thing suport nudging ?
So if anyone have a information about Philips Virtual Pinball controller plase help!!!

#2 TAB

TAB

Out of order

• VIP
  • 2,556 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: BOP The Machine

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

I own this wink.gif but don't use it.
It must be connected between PC and keyboard. So it uses only some keys.
The keys can't remember and no nudging.
Did you also have it in this shitting blue colour?

#3 haggi

haggi

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 278 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Flintstones

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

I have this Pinball controller.

I don`t now to conect it in Win7. It works with XP. You can programming the buttons.

Nuding works! But the controler has to go on a table firm up.

#4 mite6

mite6

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for replays gyes.
yes my is shity blue too smile.gif
please tell me again how to conect it (Drivers ?)
Bye

#5 TAB

TAB

Out of order

• VIP
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

You need no drivers. Only connected between PC and your keyboard.
It has only keyboard keys in it.
Sorry can't find my manual for it sad.gif

#6 TAB

TAB

Out of order

• VIP
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

But have a solution.
Open a office or the editor program. Press the buttons and you can see with keys they are. It types it...

#7 mite6

mite6

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (TAB @ Jan 27 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But have a solution.
Open a office or the editor program. Press the buttons and you can see with keys they are. It types it...

Thanks

Edited by mite6, 30 January 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#8 Practicedummy

Practicedummy

Multi-Level Madman

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,683 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most

• Trophies:

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

I looked up this device and it has me interested in getting one (first have to set aside the money for it) to play around with. Went to eBay and couldn't find one! biggrin.gif

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

#9 jean-paul

jean-paul

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: pinbot

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (mite6 @ Jan 26 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello people i accidently get biggrin.gif a Philips Virtual Pinball controller and i want to ask you what can i do with it? smile.gif
can i play VP Tables?
can i conect it to windows 7? (This thing have a strange conectors smile.gif )
Is this thing suport nudging ?
So if anyone have a information about Philips Virtual Pinball controller plase help!!!

i have one and i play with it on windows 7 it have a din wire plug and if you buy a good device there must a connection cable are with a din and a ps2 plug if you are lucky your computer have a ps2 port that is a older port than usb you attach a ps2 keyboard in it and the philps device with the cable on your ps2 keyboard and it will run on your pc

sorry for my bad english i came from the netherlands

i have one and i play with it on windows 7 it have a din wire plug and if you buy a good device there must a connection cable are with a din and a ps2 plug if you are lucky your computer have a ps2 port that is a older port than usb you attach a ps2 keyboard in it and the philps device with the cable on your ps2 keyboard and it will run on your pc

sorry for my bad english i came from the netherland

#10 007

Shaken, not stirred.

• Platinum Supporter
  • 992 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: EM:s

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

Bumping an old thread, hope you don't mind.

The Philips Virtual Pinball machine: I own two myself, and I bought the last one in the entire UK for a mate. They're difficult to come by, but they pop up once or twice a year on ebay, and similar sites.
Estimated price for a used but working one I would say is about 60 to 70 $ (U.S.)

You connect your keyboard to the pinball machine with PS2 connector, then connect the pinball machine to your computer. The machine has a DIN connector, but you can easily get a DIN to PS2 adaptor at Amazon, for instance. That's how I've connected mine, and it works perfectly on Windows XP SP3.

To be honest, I have no idea wheter USB adaptors would work, or if it works with newer Windows versions. It should work fine with older versions though.

There are no drivers to install, as the machine uses standard keystrokes to operate. (It originally shipped with a CD with a pinball game on it, but if that's missing, you're not missing anything. No pun intended, although it was a strange sentence...

To correct a previous post here: It DOES support nudging. You can nudge up, left, and right. However the machine is very tight, and it's hard to nudge without the whole machine jumping about. I suggest clamping it down with something, or do as I did and mount it in a makeshift "frame" screwed to my desk.

The kestrokes are as follows:

Plunger - ENTER
Left flipper - LEFT SHIFT
Right flipper - RIGHT SHIFT
Nudge up - SPACEBAR
Nudge left - Z
Nudge right - - (Hyphen)

I use it with Future Pinball, and the only problem I've ever had was that the keyboard stopped responding once. I only unplugged the keyboard and the machine, and plugged them back in again and everything worked. Didn't even have to reboot.

I dont play visual pinball, so I can't comment on whether it works with that programme.

All in all if you find one for 60 - 70 bucks, by all means buy it. It's well worth the money.

EDIT: 60-70 $ is without shipping costs.

Edited by 7, 02 June 2010 - 02:48 PM.

One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief. Afraid it's me. Sorry about that, old boy.

#11 sza

sza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Favorite Pinball: black hole

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

It is pretty ancient device. I got mine for 15 or 20e, from a guy who "grew out" of pinball. He gave me among others Pinball construction kit as a bonus with it , I only need windows 3.11 to run the editor wink.gif .
There are some dip switches on the back allowing choice of keys assignment.
For "nudging" to work you would have to screw it to the table, plunger is a bit of a joke, and buttons have a wrong feeling. It is used mostly by my small son as a bench to sit.
If you can get one really cheap 2nd hand it is fine but for 70$+ mailing better add few more $ and build something with nicer feeling to it, There are these keyboard controllers that mame cabinet builders use, or if you want to keep it cheap you can cannibalize a 10$ game-pad, real pinball buttons will cost another 3$, nice old lockbar on ebay 15$, box to put t in??,
finally if you are rich you can get the digital plunger that they advertise here for 90$, if you are not rich but handy you can build one or just put a button instead. Only thing bit harder to make is nudging sensor, but it does not work too much in Philips thing neither.

Edited by sza, 03 June 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#12 007

Shaken, not stirred.

• Platinum Supporter
  • 992 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EM:s

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (sza @ Jun 3 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is pretty ancient device. I got mine for 15 or 20e, from a guy who "grew out" of pinball. He gave me among others Pinball construction kit as a bonus with it , I only need windows 3.11 to run the editor wink.gif .
There are some dip switches on the back allowing choice of keys assignment.
For "nudging" to work you would have to screw it to the table, plunger is a bit of a joke, and buttons have a wrong feeling. It is used mostly by my small son as a bench to sit.
If you can get one really cheap 2nd hand it is fine but for 70$+ mailing better add few more $ and build something with nicer feeling to it, There are these keyboard controllers that mame cabinet builders use, or if you want to keep it cheap you can cannibalize a 10$ game-pad, real pinball buttons will cost another 3$, nice old lockbar on ebay 15$, box to put t in??,
finally if you are rich you can get the digital plunger that they advertise here for 90$, if you are not rich but handy you can build one or just put a button instead. Only thing bit harder to make is nudging sensor, but it does not work too much in Philips thing neither.

Well, I might have payed over the top for mine, I've been known to do that on other occasions. I never played much real pinball, so I can't really compare it, but to me I think it does the job.
One tip is to loosen the four screws on the bottom, it'll nudge much more easily.

By the way; You wouldn't be able to post here what the dip switches do, would you? I'd really appreciate it, because I got min without any manuals.

I'm buying a pair of real flipper buttons to replace the originals with. Hopefully it will feel closer to the real thing.
smile.gif

One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief. Afraid it's me. Sorry about that, old boy.

#13 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,075 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

Got 2 of them .. work really well .. use them for testing .. very nice .. smile.gif

They are our of production and not sold any more ..
Once in a while they pop up for sale on e-bay (around euro 70,-) ..

Cheers,
FD.

Attached Files

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#14 mjfo

mjfo

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: Portugal

• Favorite Pinball: Virtual pinbal Philips

• PS3 Gamer Tag: afoliv

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

I just found one of this virtual pinbal gaining dust in my room tongue.gif i never opened it so it's closed, all in the original bags and box

http://www.olx.pt/ma...e-iid-372679515

on that site u can find the photos of mu pinball machine how much can i sell for?