#1 jarrod0987

jarrod0987

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 208 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: SO MANY!!!!

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:07 AM

I found a Whirlwind B2S. It has a problem where the "DMD" (Really it's a SS game) is built into the B2S but it is the wrong size. It has some of the back-glass art around it etc. I am trying to resize it to make it correct but no matter how many times I save and re build the .directb2s file it does not stay enlarged. I have read every tutorial and watched every video (All 2) on B2S Designer I can find but it does not cover this subject. I also see an option to copy the DMD section from the back glass image which would be nice to use but I can't make it work.

Can anyone help or point me to info that covers this subject? Thank You.

#2 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:25 AM

Size of the directb2s DMD area is controlled by Screenres.txt. No need to use the b2s designer

#3 jarrod0987

jarrod0987

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:02 AM

I figured out the problem is that I had to resize the DMD image in a Photoshop. Then resize the LED Reels. It is working now.

Now I have another issue.

In this case I have taken a 3 year old B2S from another author on another site.

IMO the base color was not up to my standards. so I fixed it and then re applied the darkness to get the lighting effect.

I also plan to make a Daytime version for people who just want to appreciate the back glass art without the light show etc.

His light animation seemed disabled. I got it back on. It was pretty nice. He did a lot of work. Shame it was off.

Lastly, I saw some things about the light animation I did not like and some minor original things I would like to add.

So with all these changes I am keeping the a fair amount of the lighting animation and the base image scan. That's about it.

Am I allowed to upload that here when done?

I would give credit to the original author of course.

I will try to contact him but I don't know if he is around anymore etc. He has been dormant for 1.5 years on that site.

Going forward I plan to do a lot of Day Time Versions of B2S for people who would like the option to see a nice well lit and colored back glass. I just don't know if I can post here or not. Also...What happens when I mod something from another site etc? What If I am basically only using the image scan of the Back Glass and the rest I throw out and start again?

I want to give credit to others work and observe the rules (Which I don't entirely know). However, I also want to make my improvements available for those who have taste similar to mine or just like choice.

-Thanks

Edited by jarrod0987, 26 September 2016 - 04:04 AM.

#4 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

Real 4K Tables Since 2013

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

• Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:42 AM

if his initials are WM  no.....  lol    he would be very disgruntled 

but the etiquette is to contact the maker of everything you mod.... but one person's etiquette is another man's immorality

26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif

#5 sliderpoint

sliderpoint

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Metallica

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:32 AM

If it came from another site, ask on that site. I don't know why you brought it up here.

-Mike

#6 jarrod0987

jarrod0987

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:17 PM

if his initials are WM  no.....  lol    he would be very disgruntled 

but the etiquette is to contact the maker of everything you mod.... but one person's etiquette is another man's immorality

Not those initials. On other site starts with B....but when I open the actual B2S I see the author is stated as Dozer316. It makes me wonder if it is our Dozer or if MR B stole it from Dozer? I ask over here because I plan to share it over here. However, at this point there is so little left of the original file I might just throw away the bit that is left and just call it an original work.