toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

Indeed. Currently only the playfield is reflected. And thats as good as it can get with what we have right now.

#122 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:22 AM

My, what nice Pop Bumpers we have.

The sorted list is great too.

Edited by Shockman, 28 July 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#123 ICPjuggla

ICPjuggla

Early Retirement

• VIP
  • 1,193 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:25 AM

OMG

I just about fell over, a positive coment from Shockman.

Are you feeling okay man?? lol

cosmicgunfight-sig2.png breakshot-sig-small3.png atlantis-sig-small.png mousinaround-sig6.png hurricane-sig16.png sc-badge1.png lw-sig.png embryon-logo0.png icp-3.png apollo13_badge(1).png whirlwind_badge0.png playboy_badge0.png oxo1.png raven_logo.png rambo_logo4.png

#124 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

Real 4K Tables Since 2013

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

• Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:48 AM

OMG

I just about fell over, a positive coment from Shockman.

Are you feeling okay man?? lol

I stopped by and gave him a nice foot massage  :spiteful:

26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif

#125 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

he lives to shock :)

#126 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:34 PM

Devs,

Please see this thread specifically post 38. My tables were doing a double tilt warning which leads to a quicker tilt and much aggrevation. HocusLocus created a file to patch an existing script file which solves this issue.

Can this existing script file be fixed at the "roots" rather than having to patch every time new scripts come out.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.

#127 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

• Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:29 PM

Which thread do you mean?

#128 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:35 PM

I was curious about this Mechanical Tilt discussion,  it looks like mjr created a nudgeplugin vbs script that address this topic of people using real tilt bobs.

Not at home to try, but based on the info in "NudgePlugIn_mjrAccelAndTilt.vbs" you just need to rename this file to "NudgePlugin.vbs" and make sure that your tilt bob is set to T and you should end up with fully working mechanical tilt support.  Here is some of the explanation in the vbs script

' This script plugs into the VP core scripts to disable the extra,
' fake jolt.  When the tilt bob switch fires, VP will simply pulse
' the ROM tilt switch.
'
' Use this script ONLY if you have BOTH an analog accelerometer AND
' a physical tilt bob switch.

I guess HocusLocus' change is similar but it modifies the main vbs scripts, so you lose it on any script update, where NudgePlugin will not get overwritten or lost, so it will keep working after a script update.  Give this a try...

Edited by gtxjoe, 29 July 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#129 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:56 PM

Sorry.

http://www.vpforums....ic=25888&page=2

Would it be possible to re-structure the "image" and "material" as they currently appear, for ramps. They are reversed from how they are structured for Walls.

imagematerial.jpg

No big deal but its just aggravating cause my mind has been wired to think image...material and I dork these up all of the time when making ramps.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.

#130 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:19 PM

Would it be possible to re-structure the "image" and "material" as they currently appear, for ramps. They are reversed from how they are structured for Walls.

imagematerial.jpg

No big deal but its just aggravating cause my mind has been wired to think image...material and I dork these up all of the time when making ramps.

ay sir!

#131 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

Fuzzel,

Regarding the "Display images in editor" function for individual elements.

Would it be possible to show the actual images on walls and ramps, in the editor? Example for my Bugs bunny table.

#132 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

Sorry.

So did I understand that correctly that you want to adjust every vbs script that handles the VPM keys to add this line: "If Keycode = MechanicalTilt Then vpmTimer.PulseSw vpmNudge.TiltSwitch" ? I don't have a tilt bob so I can't test it.

#133 BorgDog

BorgDog

We come in peace.. shoot to kill.. shoot to kill.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Alien Star, TNA

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

Fuzzel,

Would it be possible to show the actual images on walls and ramps, in the editor? Example for my Bugs bunny table.

Walls you can, it's ramps and primitives it would be nice to have the functionally on.

#134 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

Fuzzel,

Sorry that's not possible afaik. Microsoft's GDI is used for blitting the texture on polygons that works for flat walls but if you have bended ramps the texture won't scale correct and you get a skewed/twisted image shown on the ramp.

#135 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

Sorry.

So did I understand that correctly that you want to adjust every vbs script that handles the VPM keys to add this line: "If Keycode = MechanicalTilt Then vpmTimer.PulseSw vpmNudge.TiltSwitch" ? I don't have a tilt bob so I can't test it.

Let me answer this way and hopefully I am speaking for all guys who have cabs WITH a mechanical tilt-bob.

Ideally, I would want to install VPF and have the mech. tilt (tilt-bob) work properly with out the need to patch scripts, like what I just did with the help of HocusLocus. Maybe if there were a VP  options setting for the tilt-bob (enable Mech tilt-bob) that could be activated, VP could refer to the correct set of scripts that will ensure this functions works correctly. Otherwise, it would refer to a different ones as to not impact Desktop and cab guys WITHOUT a tilt-bob.

So I guess I am saying...have two identical sets of scripts. One set (set A) is what we have today for the DT and cab guys without a MECH tilt-bob. The second set (set B) would have the revisions similar to what Hocus Locus created.

Then add "Enable Mech. tilt bob" to the options in prferences/keys. Unselected uses set "A". Selected uses set "B". This way, no patching is required when new scripts are released.

I can think of one other use for this feature for us cab guys. I dont like the PF image shake I get when the tilt-bob activates since I have a cab. If I am correct, I currently have to revise each tables properties in order to disable this. I would love it if there were an option to disable that function too.

Does all that make sense?

#136 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:05 PM

rev2729 is up:

- animation support for mesh primitives added: The animation sequence is based on multiple .obj files for each frame. Let's say we have an animation of 100 single frames then you have to export
  each frame into a separate .obj file with the nameing format <meshname>_x.obj where x is the frame number. When importing a mesh check the "Import Animation sequence" in the import dialog and
  select the .obj file of the first frame. VP will then load all other frames and when done with it it will show you a short message box how many frames were imported.
  Check the CommandReference.txt for the extra animation functions.
- some GUI repositioning

#137 dark

dark

3D model-man

• VIP
  • 1,936 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:14 PM

rev2729 is up:

- animation support for mesh primitives added: The animation sequence is based on multiple .obj files for each frame. Let's say we have an animation of 100 single frames then you have to export
  each frame into a separate .obj file with the nameing format <meshname>_x.obj where x is the frame number. When importing a mesh check the "Import Animation sequence" in the import dialog and
  select the .obj file of the first frame. VP will then load all other frames and when done with it it will show you a short message box how many frames were imported.

Thanks for considering my suggestion regarding animation support (I know you already had been thinking about it too) and taking the time and effort to implement,  now there shouldn't be anything we can't recreate as far as toy animations go now! :)

#138 DJRobX

DJRobX

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Favorite Pinball: F14 Tomcat

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:07 PM

Then add "Enable Mech. tilt bob" to the options in prferences/keys. Unselected uses set "A". Selected uses set "B". This way, no patching is required when new scripts are released.

I can think of one other use for this feature for us cab guys. I dont like the PF image shake I get when the tilt-bob activates since I have a cab. If I am correct, I currently have to revise each tables properties in order to disable this. I would love it if there were an option to disable that function too.

Does all that make sense?

The line of code Fuzzel quoted should be benign to users that don't have tilt bobs.    What you've suggested - picking a completely different set of scripts - seems complicated, when just improving the master set of scripts to support tilt bobs should do the trick.   :)

Edited by DJRobX, 30 July 2016 - 11:07 PM.

#139 Drybonz

Drybonz

Really bad at pinball, but having fun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:32 AM

The editor crashes quite a bit while I am editing tables.  I don't know if this is something related to the beta, or that has been going on for a while.  I have been trying to save my work as much as possible, but it still, of course, causes lost time.  All I get in the way of errors is the general Windows "Visual Pinball has stopped working..."  Not very helpful, I know... sorry.  This usually just happens while I am making selections in the editor.

Anyone else dealing with this?

#140 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

Real 4K Tables Since 2013

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

• Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:08 AM

rev2729 is up:

- some GUI repositioning

this is very interesting.... i have a question

so in this pic.... if the red dot was a 3d object

and you wanted this object to follow this path

could it be 1 object that followed x/y coordinates and will tween (fill in between each point)

or would it need a frame for each dash in the path?

post-73849-0-67602300-1469934401.png

Attached Files

26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vpx beta