File Name: America's Most Haunted

File Submitter: freneticamnesic

File Submitted: 24 Dec 2015

File Category: VPX Recreations

Author(s): freneticamnesic, Shoopity
Manufacturer: Other - Pinball
Year: 2014
Permission to MOD?: Yes, without approval

This is a VP10 recreation of the 2014 pinball machine "America's Most Haunted", based on a fictional ghost hunting reality TV show, created by Ben Heckendorn and Spooky Pinball
Ben Heck does a lot of entertaining videos on YouTube, I recommend subscribing to his channel here
Spooky Pinball is a small pinball manufacturer located in Wisconsin, they produced a limited run of 150 America's Most Haunted machines, it was their first table. They're currently designing a Rob Zombie pinball table in a run of 300, their website is here 

All of the script was converted from the original open source code to VB by Shoopity. I used his VP9 table as a base and used all available resources from Ben Heckendorn, from the original plastic images to the 3d models of the ghost and ramps and such things. A lot of work was done on this before I ever even touched it, Shoopity deserves all the credit for bringing this to life. Thanks to Spooky Pinball and Ben Heck for the fun table.
Thanks to arngrim for the time he spent adding DOF to these 12000 lines of code!

I haven't updated this since the last beta release so if you still have that one, keep it.

THIS TABLE REQUIRES ULTRADMD

Thanks for the work UltraPeepi has done on UltraDMD to make recreations (and originals) like this possible.

REQUIRED FILES AVAILABLE HERE - GIF PACK, MUSIC PACK

Here's a quick install guide, covering UltraDMD and AMH installation

NOTE: This guide presumes that you have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed in advance, if not, get it here: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=16614

1. Download the .vpx table and place in your Visual Pinball\Tables folder
2. Download the GIF pack and place the folder in your Visual Pinball\Tables folder (dir should remain named America's Most Haunted.UltraDMD)
3. Download the Music pack and extract it to Visual Pinball\Music
4. Download XDMD beta 0.2 from XDMD.info/download, unpack to C: or anywhere you're comfortable (for this example I'm placing the XDMD install directly at the C: level)
5. Download XDMD beta 0.3 preview from XDMD.info/download and replace the XDMD.dll in C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release with this one

>>> MAKE SURE YOU UNBLOCK ALL FILES IN THE C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release FOLDER

6. Download the latest UltraDMD from ultradmd.wordpress.com/download/ - currently 1.1.150215, and unpack this to C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release

7. Now you need to register UltraDMD, you can do this potentially two ways. The easiest way, if it works, is to open a command prompt in ADMINISTRATOR mode and navigate to the C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release folder, type "UltraDMD.exe /i" (without quotes) and press enter. It should register and give you confirmation. If this doesn't work, you need to open a command prompt window in ADMINISTRATOR mode and navigate to C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release and then paste this into the command window:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegASM UltraDMD.exe

this will confirm that the EXE is registered! You should be good to go now!

***The following is not necessary to play, but may be helpful for those who want more:

If you wish to use a B2S, navigate to your Visual Pinball\User folder and create a Text document, name it LMEMDOFTables.txt

In this file place a single number:
0 - No controller (no b2s, technically not needed)
1 - B2S - this will be most common
2 - B2S with mechanical sounds disabled! This is for those buggers with all the fancy contactors and solenoids and strobes and such. You know who you are!

If you have any questions about the installation, please let me know in this thread! I'll do my best to help you out. Please specify which step you were stuck on or ran into problems with.

Click here to download this file

#2 shadowjuggalo

shadowjuggalo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: super mario bros.

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:44 AM

thank you for the table, it looks promising. i followed the steps, and the table plays, music and all. but the dmd blinks file not found, but it will keep score. is that correct?

#3 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

Yes, sounds like it can't find the GIF folder - the score and things like that will still display fine. You've placed the GIFs in a folder named "America's Most Haunted.UltraDMD" inside the same folder as your .vpx table? Do you see any animations or only various text/scores?

It could be that VPX is not being run as admin? or.... I'll have to look through my notes. It sounds familiar.

#4 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:50 AM

Love this table. Amazing effort. Cheers to Fren and Spooky Pinball. Epic team-up!

#5 shadowjuggalo

shadowjuggalo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:16 AM

Yes, sounds like it can't find the GIF folder - the score and things like that will still display fine. You've placed the GIFs in a folder named "America's Most Haunted.UltraDMD" inside the same folder as your .vpx table? Do you see any animations or only various text/scores?

It could be that VPX is not being run as admin? or.... I'll have to look through my notes. It sounds

Yes the gifs are in the americas most haunted folder. But i went to go back over all the steps again. and im finding out that the net frame work isn't installing. It will download, i will run it as admin. but a hour glass comes up, and it just goes away with out doing anything. would the frame work be the reason it won't read the gifs? im running windows 10x64. if that matters.

#6 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

Well it shouldn't I mean if UltraDMD works then .net framework is installed. What OS are you running? Windows 8 or 7?

#7 shadowjuggalo

shadowjuggalo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

win 10 x64, im installing untradmd in the visual pinball folder. instead of its own C: folder. could that be the possible issue? also it will say free play along with, the score. so it just doesnt seem like, it is picking up the gifs. i have them in the table folder, i left them as the folder defualt, i have them as the folder name you described, i have them once named without the .xdmd, just to see if that helps and nothing. o well no biggie. its still playable, just dont have the gifs.

Edited by shadowjuggalo, 25 December 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#8 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

I'm having error of UltraDMD not found .... and the funny thing is that I had this table running before. No, is not this version, I'm talking about the table that was working now it isn't. I bet Microshit and one of his update (Windows 10 here) fk something up. Ughhh I have this workiiiinnnggggg... Now another thing to fix. Ugh. The list of things to fix is getting larger and larger.

I can open UltraDMD and it opens up without error. I can run the registration fine without error. But when I run any UltraDMD table ... it comes up with the error that UltraDMD not found. Ughh.

I will re-register .net again. Forgot what was the command ... something like this aspnet_regiis.exe /ir meh I'll look up around the net later

Edited by vampirolatino2, 25 December 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#9 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,031 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:42 AM

Thank you fren, it is a fantastic table.

Posted Image

#10 shadowjuggalo

shadowjuggalo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

I figured it out, I had two table folders. Vp9 and vp10. The gifs got put into the vp9 folder. It had to be put in that same folder as the table. Sorry for any confusion, or anybody's time I wasted. Works perfect now.

#11 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

I noticed installing in Windows 8 that the permissions wee absolutely garbage, it was a nightmare. I hope they've fixed those problems in Windows 10! It sounds like you got it installed pretty easily so possibly they did. I had to basically allow full permissions to my entire C: drive in Win 8 to get UltraDMD animations to work. They really lock that son-of-a down.

#12 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:20 PM

The error I'm having shows a popup first about ActiveX component can't create object: "UltraDMD.DMDObject", then clicking ok shows the UltraDMD not found.

ActiveX problems ... sigh ... back to 2000!

#13 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

Here is the picture of the error: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

If someone knows how to fix it, please let me know.

I had this table working before :(

#14 shannon1

shannon1

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 244 posts

• Favorite Pinball: black knight

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

Great table!! The ball seems to move weird sometimes almost like a stutter. Is their anyway to fix or fine tune this.

#15 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

Apparently the new VPX Installer will install and register UltraDMD for you, so before anyone pulls their hair out trying to install and register UltraDMD, give this a shot > LINK HERE

Vamp do you need to re-register UltraDMD? Can you run UltraDMD by itself?

#16 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:01 AM

Apparently the new VPX Installer will install and register UltraDMD for you, so before anyone pulls their hair out trying to install and register UltraDMD, give this a shot > LINK HERE

Vamp do you need to re-register UltraDMD? Can you run UltraDMD by itself?

Yes to both of those questions ... that's the weirdest part! But I noticed that when I run it, then close it and then run it some times it doesn't show on screen, but the process is running and have to taskill it.

I'll give the installer a try. Thanks!

#17 dstott

dstott

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

Spoiler Alert!

The VPX Installer will, indeed, register UltraDMd, but make sure you have a backup of screenres.txt before you start, 'cause it nuked mine.

Dave

“The Earth is God's pinball machine and each quake, tidal wave, flash flood and volcanic eruption is the result of a TILT that occurs when God, cheating, tries to win free games.” Tom Robbins

#18 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:54 PM

Glad that works. Is there not an option in the installer to let you choose not to install b2s, so nothing gets overwritten? I haven't messed with it yet obviously

#19 ICPjuggla

ICPjuggla

Early Retirement

• VIP
  • 1,193 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:36 PM

I was thinking the same type of thing fren.

Maybe someone can put together an stand alone UltraDMD installer.. :-)

cosmicgunfight-sig2.png breakshot-sig-small3.png atlantis-sig-small.png mousinaround-sig6.png hurricane-sig16.png sc-badge1.png lw-sig.png embryon-logo0.png icp-3.png apollo13_badge(1).png whirlwind_badge0.png playboy_badge0.png oxo1.png raven_logo.png rambo_logo4.png

#20 shadowjuggalo

shadowjuggalo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

This table is great. Thank you for this upload. Some of the quotes are just funny. I will leave a 5 star.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amh, spooky, benheck