• 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:49 AM

Features

• Load, edit or create new databases for PinballX
  • Displays all tables unused from set table folder
  • Apply to table in xml
  • Run table description scan & match against IPDB master list.
  • Extract used rom, author from table.
  • Test tables by right clicking table in list.
  • Scan & match media files & directB2S against your current descriptions
  • Adjust pinballx config in settings.

Launching Options

You can launch VP & VP with proc for testing tables from the gui. They both use VPLaunch.exe & PROCLaunch.exe to automate loading. It uses your pinballX exit emulator key so you can close VP down easily. You can make use of the “Desktop” checkbox if the table is for Visual Pinball 10.

Play Table: Launch VP table and play. Should work for all versions.

Launch Editor: Launch VP table into editor.

Camera Mode: VP10 only – Load table direct into camera mode or reset camera settings. Depending on whether you have “Desktop” checked or not, will reset values for that view. The values are default starting from the layout guideline from Fuzzel.

Launch to Script: Launch VP table into editor and open script.

Basic & Full Script: Launch VP table into editor and open script. Requires “TableName_Basic.vbs” or “TableName_Full.vbs. This was my own feature request :) I find it very useful to have one table but two similar scripts. One doesn’t contain pinmame and is much easier to work on table details, lighting, cameras, physics separately from game code.

Requires .Net 4.0 & PinballX install. All files & Database folder with master list into your PinballX directory.

Edited by chepas, 04 November 2015 - 08:19 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#2 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

Update.

Edited by chepas, 04 November 2015 - 08:20 PM.

VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#3 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

Wow!! Your managers are the best one, the hyperspin one is lovely too. Where I can get it?

#4 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

I have your email, I'll ship it over.

#5 gigalula

gigalula

Hummmm not sure yet :)

• Platinum Supporter
  • 651 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: All of them from 70' to now. Even more with VP and FP :)

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

I am interested ;)

#6 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

Gained a few users last couple of days and added some updates. Updated original post.

#7 darquayle

darquayle

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 200 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, Medieval Madness

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

I'm one of the new "users" of Chepas' PinxCheck tool.  He's still working on a few new features but even as-is this is REALLY a great way to manage your PinballX databases.  Here are a few things it currently does really well.

- It allows you to quickly associate specific tables with different versions of VP in the same database file.  So, in the past, I would have a VP Legacy XML file, a VP-DX9 XML file, and a VP Physmod 5 XML file.  Now I have them all in a single file and have the XML include the executable to launch.  The PinxCheck tool makes the table / exe association EASY to manage

- It provides a great view of all of your media file status.  So now you can quickly identify which backglass, playfield, wheelart, instructions, or flyer art is missing.  And it also lets you preview the media files to ensure they are the correct content

- It has a really cool way to "fix" your table descriptions by showing you which ones do not have an IPDB standard syntax and then changing your descriptions to the correct version.  This then allows you to properly display your pinball tables by Company, Year, and Favorites

- There are quite a few more features already available that I've not had as much time to explore, but for those of you who have a decent size Pinballx collection, this is a great tool to get organized.

#8 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for the nice write up Darquayle. I got pretty bored at one point making this tool but it was nice to come back to it. Cheers.

#9 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:05 AM

Trying this out now thanks for pointing it out. I have custom XMLs set up for different VP executables, and it doesn't seem to pull rom data from the custom table lists, only the default table list

I also wish there was a way to manually select media, it's easier for me than renaming the media. I'm not sure what some of the checkboxes and buttons do? Like "Enabled" "BG" and "DMD" above the wheel image, or the same options above the vpt list on the bottom left. I'm not sure that the IPDB match is working, either, and it crashed when I attempted to use the match function

#10 jinxy

jinxy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AMH,Kiss,Jungle Lord,TMNT,Eight ball Deluex

• 360 Gamer Tag: jinx 416

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

How can I get a copy of this to try?

#11 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

• Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:26 PM

The link is in his signature.

* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

#12 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

Those switches for dmd, bg, & enabled with On/Off switches allow you to multiple switch HideDMD, HideBG, Enable/Disable game in list.

I also wish there was a way to manually select media, it's easier for me than renaming the media.

The matching does a pretty good job of doing most media & directb2s (needs a better filter update). It's always working against a master db offline, so it's best to get your descriptions minted & green. You can always edit the IPDB BigList.txt to adjust or add your own entries there to match against.

I have custom XMLs set up for different VP executables, and it doesn't seem to pull rom data from the custom table lists, only the default table list

You have multiple separate systems for VP, but are not called Visual Pinball? I have a few db for VP, most are for just for test purposes, but they all live together in one system (VP) and I don't see the problem there. The way over that I suppose would be for PinXCheck to set the system against pinballX system type.

I would merge anything that is VP into Visual Pinball and use the exe or alternateExe tags. You could still have Physmods.xml etc, but move this into Visual Pinball databases and set the exe tags to physmod. Save duplicate media.

I'm not sure that the IPDB match is working, either, and it crashed when I attempted to use the match function

The bottom middle section (which isn't named in that version) is the descriptions match. You had a crash there?

#13 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

I had a crash when I clicked match and then rename, or rename and then match, some order of that.

The PinballX Game Manager previously didn't allow for multiple EXEs in one system so that's why I had two systems. It's easy enough to merge them and assign the exes with this program, that would eliminate the issue it seems As of right now all my media is matched but only because I manually selected them in the existing Game Manager. I'd be curious how close it matches... I guess I'll try that out this evening as well.

If I move my Physmod, vpx, and vp9 tables all into the same Visual Pinball system, and divide them by selecting an alternate EXE, will it show an alternate system image? I've got supplemental wheel images for the various systems currently, I'd like to retain that feature if I were to merge the systems and use alternate exes

#14 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

The matching is ok for the whole section (Media). Flyers , cards, other vids & directb2s needs improving.

Try on wheels but set the match value to 1 or something. Sort by the rename or matched column and just scroll through giving a quick check over and hit rename.

Then you can make match values higher and narrow some more down.

will it show an alternate system image?

No, pinballx would need to do that and currently just shows system.

The way around would be to check your system type from the ini for a custom VP system which allow pinxcheck for you to work on it as a VP system.

The other quicky for now would be just make copy of your custom VP systems into the std VP database folder and you could do updates to the db, but will have to wait update for system type for media matching for correct folders.

Edited by chepas, 11 December 2015 - 08:42 PM.

#15 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:11 AM

Did some changes, fixes and cleaned the gui up a bit.

Should be ok now to use other systems assigned to VP or FP. Check in the settings that you have the correct system type set.

For the media checking when you're trying to fill the few that are missing and not picked up by matches, I'll add ways to replace selections with unused selected media which should make working with db's all a bit faster.

Edited by chepas, 12 December 2015 - 03:12 AM.

#16 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:05 AM

I've been making a 2.0 version for a little while now and have only been testing it myself.

https://www.dropbox....ck-2.0.rar?dl=0

There's no media auditing at the moment but will get to that shortly. You can edit your databases and match up to a master like before, but the UI should be a bit cleaner, compact and easier to use.

This version isn't compatible with XP. Set your pinballX directory in the settings from top left.

Any suggestions/feature let me know here.

#17 bill0r

bill0r

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:00 PM

Link seems broken, where can I get this?

#18 Firepower68

Firepower68

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

Link seems broken, where can I get this?

I've been making a 2.0 version for a little while now and have only been testing it myself.

https://www.dropbox....ck-2.0.rar?dl=0

There's no media auditing at the moment but will get to that shortly. You can edit your databases and match up to a master like before, but the UI should be a bit cleaner, compact and easier to use.

This version isn't compatible with XP. Set your pinballX directory in the settings from top left.

Any suggestions/feature let me know here.

The latest offical Version I found is this one https://www.minds.co...002140853149696

Chepas, can you provide us a link for Version 2?

#19 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

The site I made a couple of months ago isn't tracked by any search engine yet, so that's probably why you weren't able to find it online there.

https://horsepin.hor...re/pinxchecktwo

#20 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Cool! Is Evil Dead going to make a comeback?