chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:23 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#102 Kaan

Kaan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

• Flag: Turkey

• Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:37 PM

With notepad++ actually, I always use that. But copied from your post and now it works. The code from your bitbucked was like this

EvilDead:
path: /../games/EvilDead
kls: Game.Game
yaml: /../games/EvilDead/config/GameConfig.yaml

without spaces, weird thing is skeletonproc code is like this too but it worked the first time but never did later. Ugh, really annoying. :stunned: Off to playing the game finally. :P

Edit: Ahh, I see it now. All of your posts gives the code without proper formatting. But the first time I used the code from the full guide on github. Which has proper formatting. After I couldn't get evildead working I used your guide from start to finish and ended up with non working codes. All is good now, but you should fix these.

Edited by Kaan, 26 September 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#103 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#104 Kaan

Kaan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

Haha, thanks. I just wanted to make sure after my first screwup that it wasn't my fault again. :(

#105 Kaan

Kaan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

A short report and a quick question; The table runs very well on my slow laptop, around 60 fps. And I have to say this thing is very impressive, and very different than everything I've played so far. My question is about the dmd size, changing it seems to cut the video instead of scaling it. Is there a way to make it scale to dmd size, or the only way is to resize every video?

Anyway, I'll actually play this tomorrow and bug you with actual problems.

Edit: Oh I should mention that I didn't install xvid and the vids are playing fine. Xvid shouldn't be needed above windows 7, I'm on windows 10.

Edited by Kaan, 26 September 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#106 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

#107 Kaan

Kaan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:32 PM

Will do it on bitbucket, I was actually thinking of downscaling myself after it went final. But you know it better

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

#108 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

#109 Kaan

Kaan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

I can't find issues section on bitbucket? Do I need to be approved? If so, username is Kaan_88 there.

Couple questions, does the game currently only start with manual mode selection? I need to push start again to get going, better this way to test anyway though.

And the table folder from dropbox, do I need to copy anything else from there? What are the scripts for?

#110 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:24 PM.

#111 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:15 PM

Hi, got the table working, sort of, using your instructions.

http://www.vpforums....e=5#entry319833

Step 2

It's been noted elsewhere in this thread that xvid is no longer required

instructions involve cloning the bitbucket repository using TortoiseGit. Note that TortoiseGit also requires a command line git.exe. I wound up just skipping this step and downloading the repository and transferring to the cab via external drive. My cab is located fairly far away from a wi-fi access point, so the signal is pretty spotty. I wind up updating most things from a drive.

editing config files - formatting is non-existent with vanilla Notepad, so that makes it more difficult to edit settings. I don't really keep any development tools on the cabinet. It is strictly dedicated to playing pinball. It is much easier to do editing with a proper code editor (e.g., Notepad++) and transfer the files over.

It was easy enough to configure the location of the DMD. I have a p2k-style cabinet. Is there any support for flipping the virtual DMD? I suppose because of the scoring that it requires something more than just flipping the assets which otherwise would be something that I could do.

I could not get the dB2S backglass working. The P-ROC installation has a second VP installation as instructed, and probably it is necessary because this uses the older VB script versions. I tried copying over the B2S server files and screenres.txt from the usual VP install location, but that did not work. I wasn't sure that I could register a separate B2S Server. I left it alone.

On launching a ball, it appeared to get stuck coming out of the trough into the launch lane. So, I couldn't play but the lightshow for the attract mode looks pretty spectacular.

This was using today's commit, and I copied down whatever was available in the Dropbox today for tables and assets.

#112 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

#113 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:35 PM

Thanks, B2S is functioning with the latest script changes. 

I still don't get a ball to launch. If I add a ball ('B') I can see the edge of the ball trying to enter the launch lane. Rev2223. I run VP with NVidia DSR super sampling at 4K which might be the issue, who knows? I haven't run into similar issues running at 4K with VP/VPM. I'll probably be re-tuning the video settings pretty soon in any case. With my hardware, I do take a performance hit running VPX at such high resolutions. I'll try again when I get around to changing those settings.

My hacky way of flipping the DMD for systems that don't support it like PFX2 is to use ffmpeg to stream and playback the image. Though, if all of this is open-source then presumably I can try to sit down and figure it out myself. But I've been sitting on a pile of cabinet toys that I've needed to install for over two years. I fell like I've got to finish this cab before I mess around more with software. I do find it easier to deal with the software than the hardware.  

This is a really cool project and a great theme, of course. Just in time for Ash vs Evil Dead. Are there any other p-roc wip that are intended to be VP-ready?

#114 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:43 PM

#115 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

I'm just doing quick start. I don't have anything set up for leaderboards.

JD - not a whole lot of time for beta testing. I'm going to be out of the country for a little while. But I am intrigued. I'll PM.

#116 Dozer316

Dozer316

Dozer

• VIP
  • 669 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

And I'll get my ass back testing again soon. I'm keen to check the profile data. I reckon bad hand completed will have the highest value. I'm a bad hand expert lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

#117 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

#118 Dozer316

Dozer316

Dozer

• VIP
  • 669 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:21 AM

I don't know if you read but apparently there was a fix implemented in the version that does the environment map that has affected the inserts (or lights in general) so maybe best to wait for the next revision where this is going to change.

Edited by Dozer316, 14 October 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#119 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

#120 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:16 AM