• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar, Attack from Mars, MM, MB, Pinbot...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Who will be going this year? I saw the list of vendors, looks extensive.

For those that have went before, do they normally have around 200 pinballs to play?

Is it a nice venue, cool experience?

http://www.pinfestival.com/index.html

Edited by uberpinball, 30 April 2013 - 07:05 PM.

Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls

<OO>  Pinball Cab  <OO>  ArcadeX Mame Cab  <OO>

#2 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

'Rasslin' Fan

• VPF Administrator
  • 12,190 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

• PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz

Contributor

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'll be there.

Look for me near the VirtuaPin demo, amidst an array of WOZ machines.

:)

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg

My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.

#3 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'll be there.

Look for me near the VirtuaPin demo, amidst an array of WOZ machines.

:)
If I make it there, this time I'll try to last longer on the first ball of WOZ.

If you remember our two player game at MI Pin Expo, you lasted like 5 minutes on ball one and drained pretty quick on ball 2 and 3.

I didn't last long at all on ball one, but on ball two got up in the upper level which we were still trying to figure out how the ball got there...lol.

Overall, an interesting pin.

Edited by uberpinball, 30 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#4 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Anyone else? Think i saw feralos going.

#5 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

I'm going, I will be wearing my white Silverball museum shirt. First pinball show ever, can't wait to see a virtua machine from Paul there.  (to see how it compares to my machine)

Edited by Slydog43, 02 May 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#6 luvthatapex

luvthatapex

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,435 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tron

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

I'll be there. Probably wear my Zaccaria pinball T-Shirt. My favorite show, can't wait!

#7 rob046

rob046

Often Emulated, Never Duplicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

• Favorite Pinball: 8 Ball Deluxe, ToM, & Funhouse

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hey if there is any good games or stripped PF's we need resources for, hopefully one of you guys has a good camera & can take pics.

#8 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hey if there is any good games or stripped PF's we need resources for, hopefully one of you guys has a good camera & can take pics.

It's in your backyard, why you not going?

#9 rob046

rob046

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

I was almost going to go if I could make a sale or trade of one of my pins, but no offers blew me away so I passed.  Other than that, I'm not going because I live quite a bit closer to the PAPA warehouse & I have a couple days carved out in August to hit that up, & that for me is the best pinball event to hit up.  If I had more time & gas money I'd go to Allentown as well, but maybe next year I'll try to set up some business there so I have another reason to go.

#10 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

I was almost going to go if I could make a sale or trade of one of my pins, but no offers blew me away so I passed.  Other than that, I'm not going because I live quite a bit closer to the PAPA warehouse & I have a couple days carved out in August to hit that up, & that for me is the best pinball event to hit up.  If I had more time & gas money I'd go to Allentown as well, but maybe next year I'll try to set up some business there so I have another reason to go.

I see, makes sense. I donated to the papa kickstarter(only $50) and I'm not aware of a event for public play there in August, or is that the big tournament?

What pins are you trying to sell? They on Pinside? You can PM me if needed.

#11 rob046

rob046

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

I see, makes sense. I donated to the papa kickstarter(only $50) and I'm not aware of a event for public play there in August, or is that the big tournament?

What pins are you trying to sell? They on Pinside? You can PM me if needed.

Yeah August is the world championships, which is when the place is at its best for public play & of course competition. 

I wasn't trying too hard to sell anything, but I did want to move at least 2 of my 4 pins this year at some point.  I prefer to trade if possible just because its easier & so I might be more likely to give a slightly better deal that way.  I will sell as well.  I used to have my current pins in my sig, not sure what happened to that.  I have 8 Ball Deluxe-LE, BK2K. Judge Dredd, Haunted House.

All the games are sort of in the same price range.  EBD-LE got a nice boost in value after I swapped in a brand new PF over the winter, new plastics, new drop targets, bumpers, rubber, posts... game is just like new.  I'm mad at myself for waiting until this winter to do this job because I had the game 4+ years, then I finally do this & its time to sell it soon.  I love this game & it will break my heart to part with it.  But I only have room for 4 games & haven't had anything new for 3 or 4 years now.  Need some new blood, new projects to work on.

JD is one of the nicest 20 year old pins you'll ever see, never saw an arcade.  An amazing game to have in the home with it being widebody & just so much stuff to do on the game.  BK2K is impressive as well, I got it fully dialed in & the speed of the game plus the light show & sounds is pretty unique.  & everybody knows Haunted House & its 3 PF's.  Actually got a lot of spare parts I can throw in with that game too.

HH is $1900.  BK2K is $1800.  JD $2300.  EBD-LE = IDK, maybe $2400.  I just know that I just dropped $1200 in parts into it & about 50 hours of labor, so that seems more than fair.  Not looking to get rich, I'm only interested in replacing my current games with other good games.  If it were up to me I'd trade each one & no money would change hands.

#12 faralos

faralos

VPF Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated

• Trophies:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

I am hoping to go with money problems we'll have to see though

it costs $17 entrance fee I have tolls to pay for the way there

gas, parking, food, crap I can talk my gal into buying! etc...

the price is higher this year than last year due to it being only held for two days this year

instead of three like times past I went two years ago it was a great function!

they gave away a completely restored 60's EM pin as the door prize

and they do have about 200 pins or so set up for free play

most are privately owned though so don't expect the best playing off them

as some of  the older restorations left much to be desired

but huge outdoor flea market with tons of indoor private vendors as well as the pin companies themselves

they had just come out with the new led's that year so many pins had them in the playfields

but now with Jersey jack making a showing I expect the place to be mobbed

last time the lines were about five deep for turns on a pin

this year I expect it to be much more due to the new pin companies all coming and news pins out too

I'll be there Saturday if we can get there all day and evening to if I get my way

Hope to see you guys there (Noah, SlyDog43, any others?)

oh and btw it's more in my back yard than his since he lives midstate

and Allentown is on the eastern part of pa right above me (an half hour drive with parking and evading gunfire!)

jk Allentown ain't that bad...yet not like Reading anyhow

Edited by faralos, 03 May 2013 - 05:33 PM.

"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs

#13 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

just got home from my first pinball show.  It was great.  Saw so many people from the movie "Special When Lit" :)  Finally met Paul there with his virtua pins, which looked awesome.  Jersey jack of course showing off an ever improving pinball machine "WOZ", wow.   Can't believe that there were 3 companies selling VP machines, not sure how if they came with games or not.  Might go back tomorrow or just might play a little extra pinball to celebrate the weekend.    

almost forgot, I picked up a bumper sticker that says "Got Pinball?", which I think is great. :)

#14 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Was there yesterday(Friday). Was 'ok'. I felt there were more quality pins at the MI pinball expo. Many pins were sold yesterday so they are either turned off or hauled away.

I had already played WOZ so i wasnt up to waiting in the lines there yesterday, were about 3-4 ppl deep. Probably didnt have the patience cause the drive took 7 hours when it should have been 5 ( F route 222...grrr).

Really liked the farmers market vendors and the pin vendors for that matter, great stuff.

Only got to chat with Paul again briefly, he was real busy pushing his cabs o a distributor. Very cool. He had some competition that I'm sure were breaking some copyrights. Full Monster Bash style graphics on the side of their cabs which just had the word 'pin' added to the image. Really? And he kept spewing state of the art...and they were 720p screens...cause 1080p costs more? Not.

Anyways. Have fun for those that are there today. I decided to make the trip home last night after close.

Edited by uberpinball, 04 May 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#15 rob046

rob046

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Was there yesterday(Friday). Was 'ok'. I felt there were more quality pins at the MI pinball expo. Many pins were sold yesterday so they are either turned off or hauled away.

I had already played WOZ so i wasnt up to waiting in the lines there yesterday, were about 3-4 ppl deep. Probably didnt have the patience cause the drive took 7 hours when it should have been 5 ( F route 222...grrr).

Really liked the farmers market vendors and the pin vendors for that matter, great stuff.

Only got to chat with Paul again briefly, he was real busy pushing his cabs o a distributor. Very cool. He had some competition that I'm sure were breaking some copyrights. Full Monster Bash style graphics on the side of their cabs which just had the word 'pin' added to the image. Really? And he kept spewing state of the art...and they were 720p screens...cause 1080p costs more? Not.

Anyways. Have fun for those that are there today. I decided to make the trip home last night after close.

Now you see why if I don't have business to do there I just prefer to hit up PAPA instead, although I wish I could just hit up every pinball event if only it were that simple.  But if you have a pocket full of cash & want to get some parts or pins then Allentown may be the best place to hit up for that reason.

#16 lizard

lizard

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 316 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Kiss

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Whats the problem with copyrighted images on the side when copyrighted images are on the screens in the form of tables and backglasses.

#17 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Whats the problem with copyrighted images on the side when copyrighted images are on the screens in the form of tables and backglasses.
You don't sell the software or images. You get a PC with a OS, that's all.

When you have a vendor selling cabs with images that are just photoshopped versions of originals. Seems wrong. Get it?

Paul does it right and keeps the integrity of pinball designers and artists intact.

Edited by uberpinball, 04 May 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#18 lizard

lizard

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 316 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Kiss

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Yeah i see what you saying.

#19 Shakenbake

Shakenbake

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

I thought it was a great show. Saturday there were lots of families with kids getting to play pinball. It was very well put together and quite a bit larger than the Ohio show.

948D2461-C373-47A3-A3FC-4359E1CAF0B7-361

Edited by Shakenbake, 05 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#20 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

No doubt a good environment for families. But for me, the tournament was weak. And the better pins werent there. Tron wasn't working, no monster bash. I will be at PAPA in August and maybe a good one close on the east coast.