• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,434 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I think is the "bug" destruk talked about many years ago about the visible lock, which sometimes didn't work as planned.

The poles in the locks are just decoration, the ball will never hit them. The kickers are the ones which stop the ball.

The visual lock was developed so many balls could be locked without slowing down the table. If I used a simple pole to stop the ball then the whole table would become unplayable when a few balls were locked due to the continuously ball collision events. I guess tomorrow will be a "hard core test day" and I'll see if the bug comes up. It has happened to me before, so I know it happens (and I have learned to shoot the middle lock from the left flipper, so it will be easy to test :) )

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#62 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

ok, have a nice play-test-day than... i'm working tomorrow, and the score to beat is now 277M :)

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#63 in2kiss

in2kiss

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 173 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: white water

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

I have a couple of problems running this table. First and foremost I am having a major issue with sluggish flipper response. Sometimes the flipper stays stuck in the up position and takes another button hit to get it to reset. Anyone else getting this? I updated to VP15 rev 440 and unzipped the latest vbs files.

My second issue is the error upon starting the table that the sound emulation might not be 100% accurate.

Do I have to rem a line to remove this? 

#64 Aaron James

Aaron James

<<< Grand Champion >>>

• VIP
  • 1,408 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Docking Complete...Negative...You Must Redock...Redock Now!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Try the latest build : rev501 3/27/13 I'll play this more tomorrow, and if mine is good, I'll try and help more. :-)

Have you tried this?: The table is configured to play the sounds through emulation. But if your computer is old then you may want to to use the samples to release a little cpu power. To do that you change a line in the script Const RomSounds = 1 by Const RomSounds = 0. But if your computer is older then I guess you'll need to make some more adjustments

vpsig.jpg

#65 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

I had the flipper problem at one time it seemed to come from the dB2S.. so what I did was right click on the backglass and goto the b2s dmd and put it on hidden then save... exit the table and reload it seemed to go away.. hope that helps

#66 CaptainNeo

CaptainNeo

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 782 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

http://www.vpforums....ads&showfile=17

thank you.  Never would have found that.  I didn't even know about the scripts thing.

Visit my site, www.pinballrestorations.com for Pinball Playfield restoration services.
VP FS Wishlist {SafeCracker, Atlantis (redo), Defender, Arena, Champion Pub, Pinball Circus}

#67 in2kiss

in2kiss

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

I had the flipper problem at one time it seemed to come from the dB2S.. so what I did was right click on the backglass and goto the b2s dmd and put it on hidden then save... exit the table and reload it seemed to go away.. hope that helps

I disabled the b2s and that did the trick. Thanks for the tip.

Now I just need someone's assistance in disabling the notice that the game's sound emulation is not 100%. Otherwise I cannot run this game in hyperpin.

#68 hmueck

hmueck

MaX

• VIP
  • 2,189 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: IPDB Top 300

Contributor

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Now I just need someone's assistance in disabling the notice that the game's sound emulation is not 100%.

The cabinet version of vpinmame should disable this message.
VPX0beta tables: 29cff786951ed9c1a70fc1fa47f5e3c1.png 0cecd68ffa2537a7262337834a05bbbe.png Finish them if you like!

#69 in2kiss

in2kiss

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

With the help of others in the forum, my problem is solved. Turns out I needed to update my vpinmame.dll file. The latest one helps to suppress messages like the one I was getting. :otvclap:

#70 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'm still getting the 'leftsafe' line not defined error most of the times when I hit that middle ramp (I think).  Read through the thread again and it seems that this problem just went away for most people?  I think I'm running the latest table build, so is it my 915 build that's wrong?  using rev501.

Thanks, fun table until it crashes on me :)

#71 pulos

pulos

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: Portugal

• Favorite Pinball: Flinstones

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Txs for another great table JP.

Got some issues if anyone could assist. When the ball exits the table the game does not load another ball, I've got to tilt the table.

When I rotate the dmd to put it on the backglass screen the table becomes very slow and unplayable, the only way to play is if the dmd is on the same screen as the table. Got the vp915.

Thank you

#72 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,434 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

mmm, I can't reproduce either of those errors, the "leftsafe" and the drain error.

I know some graphics cards do not have hardware acceleration on the second display. Maybe turning off the pinmame directdraw on the rom will help

From another thread:

What is "Pinmame directdraw off tweak"?

Go into the registry for each rom and change ddraw from 1 to 0, and you can add that into your default setup so it will be copied into any new rom's settings...

Inside RegEdit... HKCU->Software->Freeware->Visual PinMame->[rom name]

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#73 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for the reply JP!  I'm not sure why I'm still getting that 'leftsafe life not defined' error when I hit something near the middle ramp, but I'll try downloading the 1.01 table build again and hopefully I just somehow ended up with the older build.

Also played the VP915 Star Wars Trilogy last night and that worked great!  Thanks for all your hard work :)

#74 pulos

pulos

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: Portugal

• Favorite Pinball: Flinstones

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

mmm, I can't reproduce either of those errors, the "leftsafe" and the drain error.

I know some graphics cards do not have hardware acceleration on the second display. Maybe turning off the pinmame directdraw on the rom will help

From another thread:

What is "Pinmame directdraw off tweak"?

Go into the registry for each rom and change ddraw from 1 to 0, and you can add that into your default setup so it will be copied into any new rom's settings...

Inside RegEdit... HKCU->Software->Freeware->Visual PinMame->[rom name]

Txs JP got the dmd on the second display solved, turned off 3D stereo did the trick, but the drain still persists, ball out no ball in.

#75 Ralf

Ralf

Neophyte

• Platinum Supporter
  • 8 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Eight Ball, Funhouse

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hello everybody here, and special thanks to J.P.Salas for his wonderfull tables.

Edited by Ralf, 06 April 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#76 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for the reply JP!  I'm not sure why I'm still getting that 'leftsafe life not defined' error when I hit something near the middle ramp, but I'll try downloading the 1.01 table build again and hopefully I just somehow ended up with the older build.

Also played the VP915 Star Wars Trilogy last night and that worked great!  Thanks for all your hard work :)

Well I sure feel like an idiot.  I downloaded the table again and it played great with no errors, then I loaded up the version I had been playing and noticed that the SAFE model wasn't even being displayed on the table!

I have no idea how I managed it, but somehow when I edited the table script to add the directb2s line an rotate the dmd, I must have also somehow deleted the safe graphic :)

Working perfect now, really fun table thanks again!

Edited by StreetPreacher, 10 April 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#77 xio

xio

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 583 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Recent ones rather than old ones, unlike wine

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

I think you the got the safe missing and the LeftSafe.RotAndTra4 error when running pre-915 version, so those who get that should just update VPinball.exe

#78 ringorian

ringorian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

• Favorite Pinball: road show

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

JP, should the visible lock bug be gone? 

#79 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

JP, should the visible lock bug be gone? 

It only happens to me from time to time. And I start to wonder if it is a ROM "feature" or a "bug". I have used those "visible locks" in many tables and they have always worked. So I don't know why sometimes they work in this table and sometimes they don't work.

vp.jpg

#80 ringorian

ringorian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

• Favorite Pinball: road show

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Ok, i love that table ! Makes it harder to get to boss mode... :)