blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

• Flag: Croatia

• Favorite Pinball: Amazing Spiderman, Black Hole, Totem

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Here is FPLaunch 1.295 WIP 10.

This is full version with all images, ahk files, exe files, wav files, even pinemhi 1.1 and sample of jukebox.bat are there.

Extract this to your hyperpin folder - images should go to media folder automatically.

New features are:

1.295 wip 10
+ highscores added tnx to dna disturber, bleasby and horseyhorsey
+ custom fp and vp exe (vp/fpexetables.txt in settings dir)
+ custom b2s settings from koadic added (CustomB2STables.txt)
+ toggleLedwizKey button added to menus - tnx to deegor
+ toLog added to every function
+ external ahk script focus.exe executed on exit to focus hp
+ exitemulatorkey changed to exitkey
+ pausekey changed to exitkey1
+ exitemulatorKey2 and 3 changed to enterkey and enterkey1
+ upkey1 and downkey1 added - so now all menu keys are doubled
  (to enable keyboard and joystick keys)
+ usepausekey true/false removed (it is always used same as exit key)
+ #winactivateforce added again
+ memory leak found in hp on win7 if used in comp. mode - USE NATIVE MODE
+ taskbar problems - auto hide taskbar HAS TO BE OFF in windows
+ some images updated
+ instruction card menu item changed to instructions
+ improved error handling (winwait removed, mouse moved out of the loop)
+ jukebox support added
+ instructions moved a bit down so more of a playfield is visible
+ swf instructions will be on same position as jpg or png
+ antar bug - word (Play) makes problems - solved in vp 445
+ comments in settings are allowed
+ double focus - in script and in focus.exe
+ useFocus internal/external/both/none added to settings
+ hiscores for EM games copied from VP\user\hiscore.txt
+ options added to ledcleat.bat
+ sound is played after pf or bg images is saved

Here is new pinemhi ini with fixed ", The"-s moved to the start of the table names.

Attached Files

Edited by blur, 06 March 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#2 Zablon

Zablon

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for your continued work on this Blur. It is greatly appreciated.

#3 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Thanks Blur

#4 Fulltilt

Fulltilt

Proud VirtuaPin owner!

• VIP
  • 274 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AFM, T2 and World Cup Soccer I play alot of for REAL recreations but Scarface for an original creation is awesome! Recently I have been playing alot of Dozer316's tables. All table authors are awesome!!! Thank you all :)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thank you

42" VirtuaPin Cab

| AMD FX8150 CPU | ASUS Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard | 8gig Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 | EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 |

| 42" Commercial Grade 1080p LCD Playfield Monitor | Corsair RM750 PSU | Flipper Fidelity 2.1 Sound System |

| AOC LED 27" Monitor(Backglass) | Samsung 128gig SSD - Win7 |

#5 ringorian

ringorian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: road show

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Thanks !

#6 Fulltilt

Fulltilt

Proud VirtuaPin owner!

• VIP
  • 274 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AFM, T2 and World Cup Soccer I play alot of for REAL recreations but Scarface for an original creation is awesome! Recently I have been playing alot of Dozer316's tables. All table authors are awesome!!! Thank you all :)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I am struggling with getting different versions of VP to work through the vpexetables.txt in the HP settings folder. Since I have to use VP915 with the new Star Wars Trilogy table .. I added the table name with no extension on the first line and the vp version on the second line in the vpexetables.txt. I ran HP and selected the table and it will use my current VP version(913) and fail saying the table is corrupted. I am sure i am doing something wrong here .. I have double checked the table name and VP version to be sure they were spelled correct. 

Any ideas would be greatly apppreciated, thanks

42" VirtuaPin Cab

| AMD FX8150 CPU | ASUS Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard | 8gig Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 | EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 |

| 42" Commercial Grade 1080p LCD Playfield Monitor | Corsair RM750 PSU | Flipper Fidelity 2.1 Sound System |

#7 JayP

JayP

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Location:In the man cave located somewhere dark in South West London!

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: ATFM, MM, TAF, CV, SS, TFTC...

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Thanks Blur will try it out as soon as. :tup:

#8 RNunez187

RNunez187

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 250 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

• PS3 Gamer Tag: RNunez187
  • 360 Gamer Tag: RNunez187

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for the update!  No focus issues at all!

Rudy

stfsgv.png

#9 nebrunner

nebrunner

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 255 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BIG GUNS!!!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Thanks Blur this did fix the focus issues I've had since upgrading to win7. I do still have issues with placing the task bar on the backglass but its fine as long as it is on the playfield. One new thing is the blue error message at the top of each table when paused. I'm sure that is related to the new hiscore functionality and probably just needs some configuring.

#10 blur

blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

blue box takes time to initialize - when table is up and running pinemhi is executed and after pinemhi finishes you have hi scores in that box

if you get some error message it means that table is not supported or has wrong name in pinemhi.ini - maybe we should produce new pinemhi.ini with names of all vpinmame tables and their roms

for taskbar - you have to set auto hide taskbar to OFF in windows (not in fplaunch settings but in windows taskbar settings!)

I am struggling with getting different versions of VP to work through the vpexetables.txt in the HP settings folder. Since I have to use VP915 with the new Star Wars Trilogy table .. I added the table name with no extension on the first line and the vp version on the second line in the vpexetables.txt. I ran HP and selected the table and it will use my current VP version(913) and fail saying the table is corrupted. I am sure i am doing something wrong here .. I have double checked the table name and VP version to be sure they were spelled correct. 

Where did you put vpexetables.txt? It is old and tested feature. But any way - all tables should work with vp 445 also.

Edited by blur, 28 February 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#11 ollium

ollium

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 29 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC Premium

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Thx a lot ... will test it today :otvclap:

#12 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

if you get some error message it means that table is not supported or has wrong name in pinemhi.ini - maybe we should produce new pinemhi.ini with names of all vpinmame tables and their roms

Like you found with Addams Family. "The" is a problem in the ini.

The shadow was the last one I've encountered. It was originaly "Shadow, The (LX-5)=ts_lx5.nv" changed to "The Shadow (LX-5)=ts_lx5.nv". I expect the rest of ".the" is a problem.

If its any use I've finished up the profile manager. Includes FP & VP.  You make your profiles with any setting desired and included as external function into FPlaunch. If it finds a table with an allocated profile it will load it, otherwise default. Writing the settings is done in well under a second, unoticable.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#13 Fulltilt

Fulltilt

Proud VirtuaPin owner!

• VIP
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

blue box takes time to initialize - when table is up and running pinemhi is executed and after pinemhi finishes you have hi scores in that box

for taskbar - you have to set auto hide taskbar to OFF in windows (not in fplaunch settings but in windows taskbar settings!)

Where did you put vpexetables.txt? It is old and tested feature. But any way - all tables whould work with vp 445 also.

I created both vpexetables.txt files and put them both in my /hyperpin/settings folder. 

Thanks, I will give vp 445 a try right now

..i moved the vp/fpexetables.txt files out of the settings folder for now and tried the vp445 build and all tables so far work fine

Edited by Fulltilt, 28 February 2013 - 10:15 AM.

42" VirtuaPin Cab

#14 blur

blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Another thing - for pinemhi to work you have to configure paths in pinemhi.ini for fp and vp

Edited by blur, 28 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#15 nebrunner

nebrunner

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 255 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BIG GUNS!!!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Thanks, I haven't done any configuration yet for pinemhi, I wasn't planning on even using it but now that I know I'll see an error message every time if I don't use it, I will make sure to configure it. For the taskbar issue, autohide is off and has been off. If I try to have the taskbar on the backglass monitor for convenience sake, I will always see the little grey "start" button showing up over the top of my backglass graphic. I have seen others report the same thing. I'd be happy to get you a screenshot if it helps any. I do have all aero and other affects turned off, it is in classic mode. It is not a big deal for me though, I simply moved the taskbar to the playfield window.

#16 Zablon

Zablon

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks, I haven't done any configuration yet for pinemhi, I wasn't planning on even using it but now that I know I'll see an error message every time if I don't use it, I will make sure to configure it. For the taskbar issue, autohide is off and has been off. If I try to have the taskbar on the backglass monitor for convenience sake, I will always see the little grey "start" button showing up over the top of my backglass graphic. I have seen others report the same thing. I'd be happy to get you a screenshot if it helps any. I do have all aero and other affects turned off, it is in classic mode. It is not a big deal for me though, I simply moved the taskbar to the playfield window.

I get that with the taskbar on the PF as well....I never had that when I hid the taskbar...but it's a minor thing.

#17 blur

blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

yup pinemi is not optional - you have to configure it since it is used on every exit menu

you can post screenshot with taskbar

i haven't seen taskbar appear for more then a year

sometimes start button is visible in hypepin but hyperpin hides it eventually

btw i'm not on classic theme, i'm on windows 7 basic

#18 Zarquon

Zarquon

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Medevil Maddness

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Blur,

Can pinemi be optional in the next release?

#19 blur

blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

not really

i don't like having too many options and i'm reducing them all little by little - in this version for example there is no option use pause key any more, there is no pause key any more, only two exit keys (one was named pause before but both did same thing)

also i'm working on protocol that would if widely accepted allow all non rom tables to show replay levels and hiscores on exit menu without pinemhi (check thread replay levels and high scores on em tables and Party breakers and holly grails)

i think dna did great job with pinemhi utility and it would be pity not to use it

why would you wanna not use it?

maybe i should point out that this is totally offline utility - it only reads data from nvram which has only your scores, it is not connected in any way to leaderboard utility that uploads scores to web

Edited by blur, 28 February 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#20 Aurich

Aurich

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm 100% cool with using pinemhi, I just didn't realize it needed to be configured with the path, works fine for me now. I only wish I could turn off the listing of the "Buy-In" scores, since that's a feature I turn off on all my tables, always felt it was kinda cheap. Not a huge deal though. :)

Thanks blur!