#1 Krakerman

Krakerman

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 60 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

I just upgraded my video card from ATI 5850 to EVGA GTX560TI and now when I run FP with the Backbox enables on display 2 it never shows up? The table runs fine on display 1, but on monitor 2 it still shows the desktop wallpaper?

Any ideas???

#2 numiah

numiah

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

What drivers did you install ?
I think 270.61 are the last drivers to work with FP and backglass

**Each pinball machine is a tiny universe... that we control.**

#3 Krakerman

Krakerman

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

The latest versions and even tried the newest beta 290.53 drivers. I'm d/l those drivers you mentioned and see if that fixes it.

Edited by Krakerman, 19 January 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#4 jhoward1082

jhoward1082

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Krakerman @ Jan 19 2012, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The latest versions and even tried the newest beta 290.53 drivers. I'm d/l those drivers you mentioned and see if that fixes it.

Are you running Windows 7 64-bit? I just spent all day trying to get a EVGA GTX560 to work with Future Pinball. Basically the last NVIDIA drivers to work correctly with Future Pinball (display the back glass correctly) are 260.99. Unfortunately these drivers do not work with the GTX560 and higher cards. The only option I think (although not confirmed by myself yet) is to move to Windows XP 32-bit edition. Other people have been successful downgrading.

Edited by jhoward1082, 19 January 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#5 Krakerman

Krakerman

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

Yes Win 7 x64 running. Well that sux that it's a driver issue. I tried the 270 drivers but they say can't find hardware. Oh well guess I'll have to run it without a backbox. Everything else runs great and very smooth with settings on MAX and 1920x1080 display other than the backbox not working.

Edited by Krakerman, 19 January 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#6 beatznbleepz

beatznbleepz

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 24 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars . Time Machine

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Krakerman @ Jan 18 2012, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes Win 7 x64 running. Well that sux that it's a driver issue. I tried the 270 drivers but they say can't find hardware. Oh well guess I'll have to run it without a backbox. Everything else runs great and very smooth with settings on MAX and 1920x1080 display other than the backbox not working.

Just been through all this...

here is the thread you need: Nvidia Driver Config

This is the info you need from that thread:

I wasn't initially sure if the problems I was having were strictly isolated. As it seems there may be more of you out there, I thought I'd share what I did to modify the drivers to recognize my 560.

Mikef is on the right track. The file is called nv4_disp.inf and found here (in my system, default location) C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\270.61\WinXP\English\Display.Driver.

There are 2 places where I needed to make references for the installer to recognize my 560 hardware.

Start the end (there is a reason)- At almost the very end of the file. You will find a harware list. Pulling from the 275 driver's inf I grabbed this line:
NVIDIA_DEV.1201.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560" -- *Note the 1201.01
and added it to my 270's list in the proper place, keeping the sequencial order.

Closer to the top is another list. Searching for the 1201.01 in the 275 driver I found:
%NVIDIA_DEV.1201.01% = Section005, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1201
and added it to the 270 list in its appropriate place (keeping the sequencial order)

Save and your good to go.

One important thing to note: Check "Clean install" option.
The first time I went through this install, like a goof, forgot to push the "clean install" option. It gave me some warnings about the existing files being newer but I told it to overwrite them... Well, trying to restart, windows no longer booted. After going through safe mode, fully uninstalling and trying this again using this option, all was well. No biggie, but save yourself the inconvenince.

In closing, while I dislike the need for a disclaimer, I should say that while this worked for me, all this should be done at your own risk. I can't see it causing an issue and I hope that it helps...just saying.

beatznbleepz

#7 Krakerman

Krakerman

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

I been hearing alot about those drivers, but the only issue I have had so far has been with just the backbox on FP everything else runs super smooth with the latest drivers and the ramps looks awesome and the gameplay has smooth framerates with both FP and VP 8&9. So for me I guess I'll stick with that unless you guys think it would be worth spending the extra cash and getting the 580 card or maybe the 570hd.

Edited by Krakerman, 19 January 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#8 jhoward1082

jhoward1082

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

I just took the plunge and threw XP 32-bit on my cab and everything runs beautifully now, including a couple of visual pinball tables that would sporadically give me issues. I am running the latest Nvidia drivers and the backglass in Future Pinball works perfectly. Unfortunately if you need to stick with Windows 7 64-bit, it looks like you are stuck at Geforce 400 series cards and below as 260.99 are the last set of drivers that don't exhibit the backglass issue and they do not have support for series 500 cards and above, even if you modify the nv_disp.inf file.

QUOTE (Krakerman @ Jan 19 2012, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I been hearing alot about those drivers, but the only issue I have had so far has been with just the backbox on FP everything else runs super smooth with the latest drivers and the ramps looks awesome and the gameplay has smooth framerates with both FP and VP 8&9. So for me I guess I'll stick with that unless you guys think it would be worth spending the extra cash and getting the 580 card or maybe the 570hd.

#9 Krakerman

Krakerman

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

I figured as much but wasn't sure if it's worth returning this card and upgrading to the 570 or 580 and if anyone with those cards have the same issues at all like the 560's.