VP 9 Features include:
- Optimized for vpm.
- LOTR runs close to full speed with emulated sound.
- Ball blurring/stutters/etc have been greatly reduced.
- This still has lag/issues with 26 balls in play on Johnny Mnemonic.
- Translate locked triggers.
- Plunger and all other objects can be locked in the editor.
- Sound/graphic exporter/table unlocker.
- Dual display span mode support so vp has full control over the backbox display as well as table.
- Table rotation - 360 degrees possible.
- Full physics options for slope, oblique correction, flipper settings, ball dampening, scatter angle, friction, gravity.
- Table scaling support X+Y.
- Table bottom height - set the bottom of the table lower than the playfield surface for realistic holes.
- Scriptable exit table to desktop method.
- Updated for DirectX9 0 full hardware rendering.
- Reduced engine crashes.
- Support for Pinball Wizard Input Controller.
And, yes, the ball through the flipper HAS BEEN FIXED!
Keep an eye on VPForums.org for future updates!