110 replies to this topic

#1 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: FunHouse,Tales From The Crypt, T2, Circus Voltair, Adams Family,MM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

Well Ive been working for the past couple of days and im moving into the painting phase so i figure i would post some pics smile.gif Some are kinda blurry cause these are taken from my cell phone.They pretty much speak for them self's so enjoy!

#2 Rawd

Rawd

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 4,311 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

I've been waiting to see your cabinet. smile.gif Awesome work so far.

So, are you going with no legs, mini legs, or full sized legs?

#3 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• Favorite Pinball: FunHouse,Tales From The Crypt, T2, Circus Voltair, Adams Family,MM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Rawd @ Nov 9 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been waiting to see your cabinet. smile.gif Awesome work so far.

So, are you going with no legs, mini legs, or full sized legs?

I have some used full sized legs i got off ebay im putting on there smile.gif

#4 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

Here is the legs that are going on it. Two are in good shape, the other two are a little rusty which i cleaned some of it off but they still look like crap. Will put the rusty ones in the back and maybe one day down the road i will just buy some new ones...

#5 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

will put this topic in my favorites to follow your story smile.gif
and also because i will do mine with 2 screens as yours (may be a 17" used as a "low cab", same as centaur or eight ball deluxe special version)

please, while im NOT good at "house work", could you make a "how to" while you're progressing !?
telling me (us) the probs you got, and the good ideas or system you have to think about
at least, the material used, and the dimensions of all the wood pieces

not urgent, just a wish... tanx in advance

Edited by RipleYYY, 11 November 2010 - 08:29 AM.

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#6 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Well I'm not sure about a guide but I can probably give you some dimensions. I just put a fresh coat of black paint on so I can't measure it now. I didn't go by any plans, I just went off my LCD sizes.

Edited by J3SteR, 11 November 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#7 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Now painting is probably my weak spot but im trying lol. So far i just have 3 coats of black paint on. I was originally going to get side art but i have opted to just try some snazzy painting smile.gif Going to add some blue and white lines to the sides. Wish me luck!

Edited by J3SteR, 11 November 2010 - 06:52 PM.

#8 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

First Blue Stripe on! smile.gif Next is the White Stripe but that's going to have to wait till tomorrow...

#9 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Heres the blue on the back glass...

I might not even add the white i kinda like it the way it is... Might just touch it up a bit and add a clear coat... Then i have some adhesive glossy photo paper coming in the mail that i plan to print out a few decals... Its just going to be a HyperPin themed cab smile.gif

Edited by J3SteR, 12 November 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#10 NicToria

NicToria

Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 133 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Judge Dredd. Funhouse.. LOTR. Bad Cats, SM..T-2 .. Eight Ball Deluxe LE. Mousin Around

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (J3SteR @ Nov 12 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres the blue on the back glass...

I might not even add the white i kinda like it the way it is... Might just touch it up a bit and add a clear coat... Then i have some adhesive glossy photo paper coming in the mail that i plan to print out a few decals... Its just going to be a HyperPin themed cab smile.gif

Looking good. Nice...

#11 Lyanheart

Lyanheart

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Gridiron

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:12 PM

Some white pinstriping between the blue and black would really make it pop

#12 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Lyanheart @ Nov 12 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some white pinstriping between the blue and black would really make it pop

That sounds like a good idea! I think I'm going to head to the store tonight or tomorrow and get some white pinstripe.

#13 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

... smile.gif

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#14 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Pinstripe was a awesome idea thanks Lyanheart! Went to autozone and got 1/4" pinstripe tape. Looks really really good! Now to put it all together smile.gif dblthumb.gif

Edited by J3SteR, 13 November 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#15 anthias

anthias

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 499 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Lizards In The City

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (J3SteR @ Nov 13 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pinstripe was a awesome idea thanks Lyanheart! Went to autozone and got 1/4" pinstripe tape. Looks really really good! Now to put it all together smile.gif dblthumb.gif

this cab is looking good. I have a 4x3 19"lcd I got cheap that I will use, so its good to see how that size works in a cab. Eventually I will afford the other screen and get one started lol
screnstoaug21small.gif

#16 Lyanheart

Lyanheart

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Gridiron

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

I knew you'd like that wink.gif
Makes a very sharp contrast with the black. Are you going to seal it with polyurethane when its done for that ultimate shine?

#17 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Well I was thinking of putting on a clear coat but I decided that the semi gloss paint I used looked good on its own.

#18 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

Well construction is complete! Well just about lol smile.gif All that's left to do is put the glass in (which i get tomorrow) Then put on the side rails, and finally add some art decals. Heres the pics!

Thats my fake coin door lol, i cut it down a bit to fit better. My arcade has a real one.

Yes the monitor is the wrong way in this pic lol i have flipped it around since...

Blue bezel for the lcd smile.gif

#19 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

OS installed, just need to set everything up and start loading tables!

#20 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

i can imagine how you feel !
have fun dblthumb.gif