• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,031 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for the update.
Posted Image

#22 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

I played the table for a bit, and I've noticed two things.

1) I managed to lose a ball in the abyss somehow. Dunno how it happened. During the Truth, one ball just disappeared.

2) The pink arrow on the left loop doesn't seem to work.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)

#23 pinuck

pinuck

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 514 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Jacks Open, AFM, TOM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat @ Mar 18 2011, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks JP! the table was a real treat to watch be built with the wip screenshots on your page

what page is that? I was looking last week and couldn't find anything....

#24 FDSystems

FDSystems

Eclectic end-user

• Charter Member
  • 2,476 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (pinuck @ Mar 18 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sabbat @ Mar 18 2011, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks JP! the table was a real treat to watch be built with the wip screenshots on your page

what page is that? I was looking last week and couldn't find anything....

http://home.gethome..../WIP/index.html dblthumb.gif
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd

#25 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

unfortunately this one runs slower for me then Gameshow with the slider to the left, it's still playable though. Thanks JP smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#26 jdsabin1

jdsabin1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

• Favorite Pinball: A sucker for EM tables....

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

This could quite possibly be the nicest looking table that JP has done and that's saying something! I love how it doesn't stretch at the bottom like other FS tables have. With the transparency stuff it is beautiful.

I didn't see the UVP screen doing a whole lot and had stutter with it running. Got rid of UVP and the table runs like butter. I really wish someone would optimize/update UVP sometime soon. This is not the only table that UVP poops the bed with.

Congrats JP - this is awesome.
'The ball is wild!' - Harry Williams

#27 Bob5453

Bob5453

I'm taking a nap

• VIP
  • 3,896 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair

• Trophies:

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Sabbat @ Mar 18 2011, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unfortunately this one runs slower for me then Gameshow with the slider to the left, it's still playable though. Thanks JP smile.gif

I had too much stutter to play this table. I also moved the Alpha slider all the way to the left, still too much stutter to play. I even lowered my res down to 1024x768, still had too much stutter to play. I would never return to a low res like that to play tables anyway after being spoiled with 1920x1080. Then I went through the table and changed the ramps with alpha to acrylic, table played better, but it still had some stutter. I then carefully clicked on every ramp part, found a few more alpha ramps, changed them to acrylic, the table now plays smooth at 1920x1080 with WS settings.... It still looks great. I'm pointing this out for anyone that has stuttering.

Thanks JP. smile.gif

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.

#28 lettuce

lettuce

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (jdsabin1 @ Mar 19 2011, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This could quite possibly be the nicest looking table that JP has done and that's saying something! I love how it doesn't stretch at the bottom like other FS tables have. With the transparency stuff it is beautiful.

I didn't see the UVP screen doing a whole lot and had stutter with it running. Got rid of UVP and the table runs like butter. I really wish someone would optimize/update UVP sometime soon. This is not the only table that UVP poops the bed with.

Congrats JP - this is awesome.

I don't think later sega tables had any flashing lights in the backglass just a single strip light to light it up

Is there a guide anywhere for adding GI lighting to tables that not have it, would really like to add 4 stage GI lighting to this table

#29 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,424 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

As I understand the GI is not emulated in this table, this is why I didn't add any GI. Only WPC tables have GI emulated. Other tables may use a solenoid to turn on the GI lights.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#30 bha19

bha19

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,209 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre Of Magic

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

I had a problem but don't know when it happened but I think it was during "The Truth". Just in front of the file cabinet the ball got stuck and when I tried to nudge the ball the magnet just shook the ball. I finally hit the "T" a couple of time and the ball released and tilted the machine.

Edited by bha19, 19 March 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#31 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Dude, that's intentional. The ball's supposed to get stuck as long as you still have more than one ball in play, it will be released once it's the only ball. If the ball on the magnet is the only one in play, you lost a ball in the abyss just as I did.

That's a way to make The TRUTH easier, because getting all those shots with just one ball in play with the other stuck on the magnet is quite easy.

FYI: There's still the problem of the light of the left outer orbit not working. That purple arrow.

The McD

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)

#32 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,424 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Do you mean the light under the ramp? There are two purple lights on the table (left arrow and right arrow), and they both are working fine on both tables (desktop and FS). If you don't see the light working then the ramp transparency is not working on your computer.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#33 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

Contributor

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

Oh, it's because of the transparency. Alrighty then, disregard what I just said.

The McD

#34 kingb33

kingb33

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TOTAN,POTO, too many to name

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

When playing your newer tables JP I'm getting this error - "invalid procedure or argument"

Any idea why? Thanks!
UW-KINGB MODIFICATION NIGHTMOD TEAM: Current Releases - Twilight Zone (Night Mod-VP) TOTAN (Night Mod-VP) Flintstones (Night Mod-VP) TSPP (Night Mod-VP)

#35 FDSystems

FDSystems

Eclectic end-user

• Charter Member
  • 2,476 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (kingb33 @ Mar 19 2011, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When playing your newer tables JP I'm getting this error - "invalid procedure or argument"

Any idea why? Thanks!

Playing with VP911?
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd

#36 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Mar 19 2011, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, that's intentional. The ball's supposed to get stuck as long as you still have more than one ball in play, it will be released once it's the only ball.

Yeah but i've had both balls get stuck in the magnet and not release.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#37 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

Contributor

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

Odd. The ball should fiddle around for a maximum of 5 seconds until either one or both get slammed back down.

The McD

#38 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Mar 19 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Odd. The ball should fiddle around for a maximum of 5 seconds until either one or both get slammed back down.

The McD

Only happenend to me once so it was prob just a freak thing.

#39 bha19

bha19

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,209 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre Of Magic

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Sabbat @ Mar 19 2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheMcD @ Mar 19 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The McD

Only happenend to me once so it was prob just a freak thing.

Same here just a freak thing and I only had 1 ball as I can remember

QUOTE (Bob5453 @ Mar 18 2011, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sabbat @ Mar 18 2011, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had too much stutter to play this table. I also moved the Alpha slider all the way to the left, still too much stutter to play. I even lowered my res down to 1024x768, still had too much stutter to play. I would never return to a low res like that to play tables anyway after being spoiled with 1920x1080. Then I went through the table and changed the ramps with alpha to acrylic, table played better, but it still had some stutter. I then carefully clicked on every ramp part, found a few more alpha ramps, changed them to acrylic, the table now plays smooth at 1920x1080 with WS settings.... It still looks great. I'm pointing this out for anyone that has stuttering.

Thanks JP. smile.gif

Great tip I can now enjoy the game with no stutter on the ramps

Edited by bha19, 20 March 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#40 DedRok_V

DedRok_V

Crazed Pinball Wizard (Australia's Former #1)

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,238 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Avengers Blue LE : Judge Dredd : Cosmic Princess

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

Plays very nice dblthumb.gif

Blueprint game : up to date list http://www.vpforums....s...st&p=147107