kcmpinball

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Visual Pinball

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:09 AM

At the moment I am downloading VP on my laptop (single monitor) to test the tables and software (haven't started my cabinet build yet). My machine is running windows 10, i5, 940m. I followed a bunch of tutorials and the installation guide. I also used the VP installer and from what I can tell is everything seems to be installed correctly. However when I go to run any table I get 1 of 3 errors, 1) Machine was terminated before initialized check rom path or rom file, 2 )Object required "controller", or 3) a game info window pop up with the state saying rom set missing VPinMAME can't run the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times now, but still nothing has changed.

I am putting the tables in the tables folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables) and the roms are going in the rom folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\roms) my path to the roms as shown in the VPinMAMA setup.exe is also (C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\roms). I am not lost as what I am doing wrong and was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I've read a bunch of forum posts on similar issues, but all the solutions I found did not seem to work for me. I have tried a handfull of tables on VP 8, 9, and X but all still result in the same errors. That being said even with the errors once I close the error window the table screens will load, but I am unable to control anything such as bumpers or insert coin.

The tables in the table folder are extracted from the zip file and the zip file itself is what I have been putting in the roms folder. This is what I believe is the correct method. But no matter how many times I update the rom path nothing seems to be registering.

Hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on this issue. Apologizes in advance is I'm overlooking some simple step, but this is my first time working with VP.

Thanks!

#2 32assassin

32assassin

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 853 posts

• Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:34 AM

do yourself a favor and DONT INSTALL VP IN YOUR PROGRAM FOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

install in 

C:\Emulators\Visual Pinball

or

C:\Visual Pinball

and a user said he lost all his tables when he uninstalled VP

so do yourself another favor and put your tables in another folder

C:\Tables\

\VPX

\VP9.2.1

\VP9.9.1

\Physics5

You might need to set up PinMAME

got to your folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\

run the Setup.exe,

in the window that pops up,  click on Install and follow the prompts.

second

you are probably getting an error because the table you are trying to run is set to run with the backglass.

given that you either don't have the B2s server installed or the dB2s file,  you are going to get an error.

go to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\User

open the Controller file

change

forcedisableB2S=0  -------> forcedisableB2S=1

if you don't have a controller file

create a new text document  name it  Controller and add this to the file

forcedisableB2S=1
UseDOFcontactors=0
UseDOFKnocker=0
UseDOFChimes=0
UseDOFBell=0
UseDOFGear=0
UseDOFShaker=0

Edited by 32assassin, 28 September 2016 - 02:37 AM.

My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

#3 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:41 AM

You need to downloading the separate ROM file and put that in the rom's folder
 in your statement you making it sound like you're putting the zip file from the tables in the ROM folder

#4 kcmpinball

kcmpinball

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Visual Pinball

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:16 AM

Thank you for the quick replies! I did end up getting it to work. It seemed saving VP somewhere other than my program folders was what did the trick for everthing, but right after I posted this I found out that the roms were completely different files. I knew it had to be something small I was missing!

Thank you for the tip about the backglass I will give that a try!

Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, Visual Pinball, Installation, Support