Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

• Flag: Croatia

• Favorite Pinball: Amazing Spiderman, Black Hole, Totem

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

great
yes, it's true, it happens to me in arcaderender with one screen
didn't tried with two screens, but if it works fine with second screen connected that's great. will try it and let you know.

#22 blur

blur

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,500 posts

• Flag: Croatia

• Favorite Pinball: Amazing Spiderman, Black Hole, Totem

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:46 PM

yup, tried adding second screen, and it works with second screen in arcade render mode.

Edited by blur, 24 February 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#23 BigBoss

BigBoss

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars, Metallica, Theatre Of Magic, Shadow, Star Trek

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Jerry Winter @ Feb 23 2011, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<<<... All I can do is offer the modified table to you to test and compare. >>>
Just upload your version somewhere I can download it and give me the link.

Jerry

Ok I uploaded my modified version here: http://thebigboss.or...mp/WildWest.fpt

#24 FrankT

FrankT

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The Flintstones (although I'll play any pinball machine!)

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (BigBoss @ Feb 19 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So future pinball looks great. But looks arent everything. On most tables, it feels very unnatural. The ball just sort of floats around. The flipper shots are slow, delayed, it feels nothing like real pinball. In a cabinet, you want the closest thing to real pinball. Because of this, I have been ignoring most the future pinball tables. Up until now.

I spent a lot of time tweaking settings on future pinball tables. I think I have found some settings that help the situation a lot and actually make the game play more like pinball.

Obviously these settings aren't perfect for every machine, but they're a great starting point. I haven't touched any of the 1950-1980 series machine recreations or any EM type tables. These are all for the cool originals like Medieval Castle, Aliens etc. Most the flipper settings apply to the two lower flippers only. You will have to play on settings for the rest. I usually leave them alone.

1) Set table slope to 10. That's right, max this out. This helps get rid of some of the floating and generally speeds things up.
2) Flippers:
a) Start Angle 115 (left) / 245 (right) and Swing 55 - This is crucial to get the flipper to shoot shots in the right location as compared to the real pins. I generally see settings around 238 / 122 and 52. These just don't cut it. You have to fix this angle because the oblique setting that's in visual pin does not exist in future pin.
b) Set elasticity to intermediate. With default hard, the ball is too flat. It's difficult to flipper pass even. With intermediate, you can flipper pass and get a little bounce. With soft, you get so much bounce that when the ball is just rolling on the flipper it starts to bounce in a very unnatural manner.
c) Set strength to max on both flippers. Without this, the ball never gets moving and you never get out of that floating state. The game feels like pinball played in a dream or like running in water. Setting strength to max and table slope to max helps this tremendously.

Now this doesn't work for every game. For example, on Dark Quest, you have to reduce the flipper strength by about 2 or the ball moves unnaturally fast and the game loses its fun. Play around with it and try these settings out. Have fun, and let's see what discussion this starts.

Ah, well now you mention that and all, I hadn't thought of that! I'll have to implement those suggestions onto my tables.

#25 moriez

moriez

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Thanks BigBoss. It's sure does add some excitement to the tables. The few tables I have played are really slow at default. If you have anymore finds please let us know dblthumb.gif

Edit: but it stays boring. Off topic but FP is just no competition for VP.

Edited by moriez, 11 March 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#26 CuriousDan

CuriousDan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Flag: Denmark

• Favorite Pinball: Jacks Open

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

Thanks BB....gonna go test Gorgar Hellfire edition once again... rolleyes.gif

Dan

#27 fladrummer

fladrummer

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: kiss

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

as im new to the pc pinball thing ive tryed both FP and VP now...after saying that ......... FP dose not need a pinmame or rom or so i think..... VP dose and in my appion FP is very easy set up and dose not require a lot of puter science VP on the other hand was a pain in the *ss to set up for me anyway but after 3 or 4 days i got it and now have 20 or so tables saved i have went back to FP and it still the same boring slow ball rolling lagging flipper games it was when i started but they have nice grafics but so dose VP9 tables ....for those that want a real pc pinball expieriance i suggest visual pinball otvclap.gif .................PS i really wish someone would post a step by step how to set up VP i found it really hard moving folders and unziping files and so on but i got it i think that many many more people would join if they new how hince thats why others get anoied here and get FP cuz they dont know how , i allmost gave up lol post step by step how to set up VP pinball windows 7 would bring in a lotta new pinheads IM SURE OF IT

Edited by fladrummer, 03 February 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#28 Glxb

Glxb

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 385 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (fladrummer @ Feb 3 2012, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as im new to the pc pinball thing ive tryed both FP and VP now...after saying that ......... FP dose not need a pinmame or rom or so i think..... VP dose and in my appion FP is very easy set up and dose not require a lot of puter science VP on the other hand was a pain in the *ss to set up for me anyway but after 3 or 4 days i got it and now have 20 or so tables saved i have went back to FP and it still the same boring slow ball rolling lagging flipper games it was when i started but they have nice grafics but so dose VP9 tables ....for those that want a real pc pinball expieriance i suggest visual pinball otvclap.gif .................PS i really wish someone would post a step by step how to set up VP i found it really hard moving folders and unziping files and so on but i got it i think that many many more people would join if they new how hince thats why others get anoied here and get FP cuz they dont know how , i allmost gave up lol post step by step how to set up VP pinball windows 7 would bring in a lotta new pinheads IM SURE OF IT

Try some of the newer tables Like Medieval Madness, if you still think the ball moves too slow there must be something wrong with your setup.
I know a few of my tables have been accused of being too fast.

GLXB
Follow me on twitter. @GLXB

#29 numiah

numiah

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (fladrummer @ Feb 3 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS i really wish someone would post a step by step how to set up VP i found it really hard moving folders and unziping files and so on but i got it i think that many many more people would join if they new how hince thats why others get anoied here and get FP cuz they dont know how , i allmost gave up lol post step by step how to set up VP pinball windows 7 would bring in a lotta new pinheads IM SURE OF IT

Did you try the search function instead of speaking for other people they get annoyed ?
There are SEVERAL step by step tutorials here and here for example.

Heck, even Google could have assisted you.

I suggest you read those first before making your second post.

**Each pinball machine is a tiny universe... that we control.**

#30 JonBaker

JonBaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

• Flag: Scotland

• Favorite Pinball: Hong Kong Phooey - Doesn't exist but it should

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (fladrummer @ Feb 3 2012, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have went back to FP and it still the same boring slow ball rolling lagging flipper games it was when i started but they have nice grafics but so dose VP9 tables

You clearly haven't played an FP table since 2006. I suggest you get up to date.

#31 Arcade4

Arcade4

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (fladrummer @ Feb 3 2012, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both programs are just fine.
There are plenty of step by step guides.
You really need to read a lot more before posting such rushed statements.

And as for slow ball movement on FP you can adjust the flipper strength with a little slider bar to make it go as fast as you want.

Edited by Arcade4, 03 February 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#32 blackpoolbaz

blackpoolbaz

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: World Cup 94

• 360 Gamer Tag: blackpoolbaz

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for your imformation.

This has helped me with the ball playing too slow on most tables.

I can change most of the settings as you said but can you please tell me how/where to change the START ANGLE to 115 left 245 right etc and right swing 55, in future pinball as I cant see the settings on the main screen (I am not a programmer By TheWay!)

All the other settings i have found i.e flipper strenth/elasticity  and set slope to 10.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Brian

#33 connorsdad

connorsdad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Adams Family

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

So future pinball looks great. But looks arent everything. On most tables, it feels very unnatural. The ball just sort of floats around. The flipper shots are slow, delayed, it feels nothing like real pinball. In a cabinet, you want the closest thing to real pinball. Because of this, I have been ignoring most the future pinball tables. Up until now.

I spent a lot of time tweaking settings on future pinball tables. I think I have found some settings that help the situation a lot and actually make the game play more like pinball.

Obviously these settings aren't perfect for every machine, but they're a great starting point. I haven't touched any of the 1950-1980 series machine recreations or any EM type tables. These are all for the cool originals like Medieval Castle, Aliens etc. Most the flipper settings apply to the two lower flippers only. You will have to play on settings for the rest. I usually leave them alone.

1) Set table slope to 10. That's right, max this out. This helps get rid of some of the floating and generally speeds things up.
2) Flippers:
a) Start Angle 115 (left) / 245 (right) and Swing 55 - This is crucial to get the flipper to shoot shots in the right location as compared to the real pins. I generally see settings around 238 / 122 and 52. These just don't cut it. You have to fix this angle because the oblique setting that's in visual pin does not exist in future pin.
b) Set elasticity to intermediate. With default hard, the ball is too flat. It's difficult to flipper pass even. With intermediate, you can flipper pass and get a little bounce. With soft, you get so much bounce that when the ball is just rolling on the flipper it starts to bounce in a very unnatural manner.
c) Set strength to max on both flippers. Without this, the ball never gets moving and you never get out of that floating state. The game feels like pinball played in a dream or like running in water. Setting strength to max and table slope to max helps this tremendously.

Now this doesn't work for every game. For example, on Dark Quest, you have to reduce the flipper strength by about 2 or the ball moves unnaturally fast and the game loses its fun. Play around with it and try these settings out. Have fun, and let's see what discussion this starts.

Definitely improves things, thank you :)

sig.jpg sig2.png

#34 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

I stopped playing FuturePinball as I was tearing my hair out because of the impossibility of aiming with the flippers. It feels totally real to aim with the flippers in VP physmod 5 but it's a game of luck with FP - the ball is going were it wants to but not where I want to. And I do not know how I can improve that (if it is possible at all)...

#35 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

+1 ClarkKent, I don't play with FP anymore for the exact same reason.  Physics5 is so real feeling its incredible.  Hope VP10 will continue to improve on PhysicsMod5 if that is possible (better nudging).

#36 jorro666

jorro666

dam typos with auto correct on tablet sorry for jibba jabba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Location:multiverse universe milkyway earth europe netherlands noord holland zaandam

• Favorite Pinball: sttng ,addams fam.,attack from mars jurassic park,enz.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

i have a cabinet and run fp with changed physics file into 2.5 physics and i play it with latest version of BAM in static camping mode works for me!