Pin-Pete

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot,Cyclone

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

D'OH! The stuttering in gameplay was fault of my head. I namely forgot after installing new VP
to lower max texture an put hardware rendering on. :blush: Everything works now OK.The new VP is brilliant.

Greetings:Petri

#62 chas

chas

Pinball Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: i played Timezone, quickdraw, triple action, frontier and a few more

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yes, there are two new features: Mass and Radius of a Ball can be changed by script.
- Ball.CollisionMass (Mass as Single) (default is 1.0)
- Ball.Radius (Radius as Single) (default is 25.0)

These was added by cupid actually a long time ago :) Now that VP913 is out I can update my tables Cueball Wizard and Cirqus Voltaire. It will be nice to have the big balls a little heavier :)
I guess I'll do that next week (when I'm back in Oslo)

chas>>>>- ok, where do i add this----->Ball.Radius (Radius as Single) (default is 25.0) in the script....i tried adding it to the kicker 1 and the ball release ....
EX: kicker 1, 45, 5, ball.radius(22.5)....did not work....still got an error.....
in VP and originals i did it like this in the script...it works for VP and originals...not pinmame.....
i did a search in the script using the editor search box at the top left....click on edit....in the submenu click on find.....i typed kicker1...EX: kicker 1, 45, 5, createsizedball(22.5).....
if that did not work i typed create then search again..... createsizedball(22.5).....does not work for pinmame tables......i was under the impression there would be an option in the editor for this.

btw, i have XP.

Edited by chas, 26 October 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#63 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

@pinpete: perfect! :-)

#64 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family/Fish Tales/Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

chas>>>>- ok, where do i add this----->Ball.Radius (Radius as Single) (default is 25.0) in the script....i tried adding it to the kicker 1 and the ball release ....
EX: kicker 1, 45, 5, ball.radius(22.5)....did not work....still got an error.....
in VP and originals i did it like this in the script...it works for VP and originals...not pinmame.....
i did a search in the script using the editor search box at the top left....click on edit....in the submenu click on find.....i typed kicker1...EX: kicker 1, 45, 5, createsizedball(22.5).....
if that did not work i typed create then search again..... createsizedball(22.5).....does not work for pinmame tables......i was under the impression there would be an option in the editor for this.

btw, i have XP.

It is done in the script, not the editor. The ball.radius and ball.collisionmass are applied to an already created ball. You either have to give the ball a name by linking the ball in question to an object/variable or use a hit object where you can call the 'activeball'.
dim MyBall
set MyBall = kicker1.createball
MyBall.radius = 22.5

Activeball by default is the ball initiating an event such as a hit or unhit. For instance, from a kicker (hit or unhit, but kicker has to be active)...
Sub Kicker1_UnHit : activeball.radius = 22.5 : End Sub
When the ball leaves the kicker, the radius will be reduced to 22.5 instead of 25. If you need to keep the kicker inactive, you can create a trigger and use the hit/unhit to do the same thing and place it around the kicker...
Sub Trigger1_Hit : activeball.radius = 22.5 : End Sub

You can also mix and match the two by labeling the ball ahead of time and then use the hit/unhit events for dynamically changing a specific ball. The code below will change the radius of 'MyBall' whenever trigger1 is hit, whether it be by 'MyBall' or some other ball on the table...
Sub Trigger1_Hit : MyBall.radius = 22.5 : End Sub

#65 Zarquon

Zarquon

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Medevil Maddness

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

D'OH! The stuttering in gameplay was fault of my head. I namely forgot after installing new VP
to lower max texture an put hardware rendering on. :blush: Everything works now OK.The new VP is brilliant.

Did this solve your sound issue as well?

I checked the settings and they match 9.1.2 but many of my tables (Black Knight and Medieval Madness) have stuttering sound.

#66 Pin-Pete

Pin-Pete

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot,Cyclone

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Did this solve your sound issue as well?

I checked the settings and they match 9.1.2 but many of my tables (Black Knight and Medieval Madness) have stuttering sound.

Yes it did.But BOP is still having stuttering problems.

Greetings:Petri

#67 Zarquon

Zarquon

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Well after playing around I found that my issue isn't with this build specifically as I tried the 9.1.2Build7 exe (from this thread http://www.vpforums....pic=18982&st=20) and I had the same problem. Disabled the UVP on one of the tables and that didn't help. I then went back to Build3 and found the problem was less pronounced. I was also then able to determine that the issue seems to be caused by the Analog Plunger setting even though I have a button plunger. I do however have a UHID-G for nudging and set it to analog to work with this version. Once I unplugged the USB on the UHID-G and the problem completely went away.

Now I then tried it in Build 9.1.3 with the the UHID-G plugged in and the Plunger disabled in the settings and still had the issue but the sound stutter is still there but less pronounced. And the plunger doesn't work properly.

Edited by Zarq, 08 November 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#68 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Ultrapin!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

When I unplug my gamepad from the pc I always have to set up the axis again when it's plugged back in.

Build a fire, vipers love the heat.

#69 Zarquon

Zarquon

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yes I did do a recalibration when I hooked the UHID-G back up. What I can't seem to figure out is why even when disabled the Z axis is still registering in Visual Pinball.

#70 xio

xio

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 583 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Recent ones rather than old ones, unlike wine

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Full package link looks down, it gives a "We could not find the file specified" page ?

#71 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Correct Xio - we're updating that to have a new version as soon as Toxie is ready.

#72 Shakenbake

Shakenbake

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Is "full package" the one I need for a brand new install?

#73 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Any full VP package will work for a brand new install. Just copy over the vpinball.exe and the freeimage.dll (from the minimal install) to where you install a full package to.

#74 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Correct Xio - we're updating that to have a new version as soon as Toxie is ready.

I hope i'll get the new sound thing into the UI by tomorrow and then we're ready to go (after some more testing)..

Well after playing around I found that my issue isn't with this build specifically as I tried the 9.1.2Build7 exe (from this thread http://www.vpforums....pic=18982&st=20) and I had the same problem. Disabled the UVP on one of the tables and that didn't help. I then went back to Build3 and found the problem was less pronounced. I was also then able to determine that the issue seems to be caused by the Analog Plunger setting even though I have a button plunger. I do however have a UHID-G for nudging and set it to analog to work with this version. Once I unplugged the USB on the UHID-G and the problem completely went away.

Now I then tried it in Build 9.1.3 with the the UHID-G plugged in and the Plunger disabled in the settings and still had the issue but the sound stutter is still there but less pronounced. And the plunger doesn't work properly.

So it's somewhere in the new input code, thanks, that should help to track it down (hopefully)..

#75 xio

xio

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 583 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Recent ones rather than old ones, unlike wine

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm currently intalling everything on a new laptop, can't wait for this new version installer

#76 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

@destruk: I'm done.. So if you could also please test some tables and fool around with the new audio setting, then i guess it's ready to go..

#77 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

All my PCs have a single on board audio card these days, so I'm not sure how selecting from 1 to 1 would be useful. I'll check out the build later today.

#78 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family/Fish Tales/Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I completely forgot to mention this for people using an accelerometer for analog nudge... the gain settings have been altered to allow different values for both X and Y axes. This means that the previous settings will no longer have any effect, and you will need to copy your current gain value and enter it in the Preferences>Keys dialog. By default it is set to a gain of 150% (or 1.5), so if your previous value was 3.5, you will want to enter 350 (%) in the box for the X and Y axis. You only need to do this once as this is a global option and effects all tables.

In addition, other global options have been added to the Keys dialog, amongst them a Tilt Sensitivity setting where you can fine tune the amount of force required for the analog nudge to trigger a tilt event. The default value in 9.1.2 was 400, but now you can increase or decrease the sensitivity (higher = more sensitive, 0-1000). The higher you have the gain settings at, the higher you will need to set the sensitivity. The other global options allow you to turn the accelerometer on for all tables, and adjust the mount and rotation settings (not sure the nudge force effects anything). For 'Enable Analog Nudge' and 'Normal Mounting Orientation' it is a 3 step check box; On/Checked means it will be on for all tables, Off/Unchecked means it will be off for all tables, and Greyed out means it will default to the table settings. The other settings have only a regular check box, and when checked will override the default value with the number in the corresponding box.

For many of these options, you will need to either exit out of any open tables before reopening them and testing the settings, or just restart VP for them to take effect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visual pinball 9.1.3