#1 bitupset

bitupset

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 537 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

So I thought i would give a shot at doing a table, and i am at the point where i want the rom. and i cant find it anywhere. does a rom not exist for the king kong table?!?!?! i got the playfield image from here so i just figured i'd have all i need to get going. Please advise. thanks

#2 wtiger

wtiger

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Junkyard

Contributor

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (bitupset @ May 1 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I thought i would give a shot at doing a table, and i am at the point where i want the rom. and i cant find it anywhere. does a rom not exist for the king kong table?!?!?! i got the playfield image from here so i just figured i'd have all i need to get going. Please advise. thanks

The ROM does not exist yet. I'd say go ahead and attempt to build the table anyways just for the practice. You will also need images of the plastics unless you have a collection of images of the table that you can cut them out of. Also, if you were going to build this table a manual would be helpful but also doesn't exist. If you want to try to build this table still and don't have an image collection, let me know and I can zip up all the images I have so you can use them as reference and to get the plastics from.

#3 pharaoh

pharaoh

!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

APB
attention! attention! this is an all points bulletin
APB

Please to the person or persons currently owning an original King Kong
pinball machine - All your King Kong roms are berong to us.

That is all.

I am the bravest cowboy that ever rode the west - Ive been all over the Rockies - got bullets in my chest

#4 kruge99

kruge99

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

Obligatory YouTube linkage follows:

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#5 wtiger

wtiger

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Junkyard

Contributor

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (pharaoh @ May 1 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please to the person or persons currently owning an original King Kong
pinball machine - All your King Kong roms are berong to us.

Yes, all 9 of them (according to the IPDB)...

#6 bitupset

bitupset

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 537 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (wtiger @ May 1 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bitupset @ May 1 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ROM does not exist yet. I'd say go ahead and attempt to build the table anyways just for the practice. You will also need images of the plastics unless you have a collection of images of the table that you can cut them out of. Also, if you were going to build this table a manual would be helpful but also doesn't exist. If you want to try to build this table still and don't have an image collection, let me know and I can zip up all the images I have so you can use them as reference and to get the plastics from.

i think i picked the wrong table for a trial run. thanks for the info. i'll try to find one with a manual and rom..