#3241 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,063 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:46 AM

Just a small update: 10.7.1 is still in development. See https://github.com/v...t/Changelog.txt for the changes that already happened.

But there are still a few UI regressions that happened with 10.7.0 that i first want to resolve before starting the new beta cycle.

Can't recall if there is a suggestions thread or not, but anyway I was thinking today that it would a nice feature to be able to press F11 to hide all the components of the playfield BUT still keep the balls visible. This might come in handy for figuring out where a lost ball has ended up and speed up troubleshooting in situations where you don't know or can't see where the ball is stuck.

Perhaps there is already a way to do this that I'm not aware of?

Edited by Gravy, 04 May 2022 - 01:47 AM.

Pinball Addict

#3242 Thalamus

Thalamus

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,831 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: GOT, Alien Star, LOTR, TOM

Posted 04 May 2022 - 02:34 AM

Press 'D' - go into the debugger - paste this.

dim b:b=getballs:debug.print b(0).x & " " & b(0).y & " " & b(0).z

You can now pinpoint exactly the x, y and z coordinates for the ball. Of course, if there is more than 1 ball on the table, you might need to change the 0 to 1 etc.

Tips I picked up from DjRobX.

A extra tip - add a kicker, make it 50 unit, then put in the coordinates, you will kind of "see" where the ball lies. IMO, this is actually much better than to make everything invisible. You will have no idea to where it is stuck compared to seeing the objects by this method.

Edited by Thalamus, 04 May 2022 - 02:39 AM.

From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.

#3243 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 04:14 AM

Press 'D' - go into the debugger - paste this.

dim b:b=getballs:debug.print b(0).x & " " & b(0).y & " " & b(0).z

You can now pinpoint exactly the x, y and z coordinates for the ball. Of course, if there is more than 1 ball on the table, you might need to change the 0 to 1 etc.

Tips I picked up from DjRobX.

A extra tip - add a kicker, make it 50 unit, then put in the coordinates, you will kind of "see" where the ball lies. IMO, this is actually much better than to make everything invisible. You will have no idea to where it is stuck compared to seeing the objects by this method.

Great tip thankyou. When I said make components invisible but still be able to see the balls I did not mean for the playfield itself to be invisible. I guess it might be hard to gauge how high above the playfield the ball is stuck if just eyeballing it though.

edit: what happens if a ball is stuck during a multiball session when all the other multi balls have been drained and there is only one ball left on the table? Will that remaining ball revert to ball 0 even if it originally had a different number or will it have it's original number that it was assigned when it left the ball trough?

Edited by Gravy, 04 May 2022 - 05:35 AM.

Pinball Addict

#3244 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 04 May 2022 - 11:09 AM

Yes, that ball will be the ball number 0. The function getballs return an array with the balls that are on the table, so when all the multiballs finish the last ball  will be 0.

Depending on the table, sometimes you can press F11 and if you press F11 a few times you will see a table with only the prerendered objects, and sometimes you can spot the ball when the dynamic objects disappear. 

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#3245 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:57 PM

Yes, that ball will be the ball number 0. The function getballs return an array with the balls that are on the table, so when all the multiballs finish the last ball  will be 0.

Depending on the table, sometimes you can press F11 and if you press F11 a few times you will see a table with only the prerendered objects, and sometimes you can spot the ball when the dynamic objects disappear. 

Thanks JP, yeah that was what I was getting at with regards to spotting the ball, but from what I can see the ball also disappears by the time the F11 method strips the playfield back. For instance I was having a ball go missing on Funhouse yesterday and fairly sure it was under Rudy's head somewhere but once I pressed F11 a few times to get rid of the head the ball also becomes invisible.

Pinball Addict

#3246 Quickdraw19

Quickdraw19

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Godzilla

Posted 18 May 2022 - 11:13 PM

I'm trying to find a summary of all the things changed, added, and removed from 10.7. I've haven't been able to find something searching the forums. Can someone point me to something, if such a write up exists?

#3247 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 18 May 2022 - 11:52 PM

Read the change log that comes with 10.7

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#3248 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 19 May 2022 - 07:05 PM

Hi toxie & fuzzel!

Here you have an update of the INDER VBS files. The only change is to set to default 5 key to add 1 coin instead of adding 4. Some Spanish people think that's better as it is easier for them to check how many extra games they have obtained :)

attachicon.gif Inder_VBS.zip

Greetings

JP

Thanks JP, will exchange it!

#3249 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 02:26 AM

Hi toxie & fuzzel!

Here you have an update of the INDER VBS files. The only change is to set to default 5 key to add 1 coin instead of adding 4. Some Spanish people think that's better as it is easier for them to check how many extra games they have obtained :)

attachicon.gif Inder_VBS.zip

Greetings

JP

Thanks JP, will exchange it!

There are a few translation files i changed
Generically i base it off of
5 coin slot 1 (single coin) 
6 coin slot 2 (single coin if exists)

7 coin slot 3 (Special if machine has a dollar coin or equivalent  type of denomination)

8 bill changer (If used by machine)

mind you i dont use 5 6 7 or 8 as i use the numpad inputs for all of that
but would be same equivalent 

Ive notice others that the default is a multi credit slot

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

#3250 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 05:46 AM

Could you share these? Maybe we should make some of these changes official then?

Read the change log that comes with 10.7

Convenience: https://github.com/v...t/Changelog.txt

#3251 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 21 May 2022 - 06:01 AM

Hei toxie! You may remove my "arcade physics" files from the release zip, as not a single author have ever asked me about them nor used them in their tables, so I guess they are not needed. Keep the PhysicValues.txt as it is a nice explanation to the default VPX physics, and a good start point to tweak them

JP

Edited by jpsalas, 21 May 2022 - 06:01 AM.

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#3252 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 07:00 AM

Hei toxie! You may remove my "arcade physics" files from the release zip, as not a single author have ever asked me about them nor used them in their tables, so I guess they are not needed. Keep the PhysicValues.txt as it is a nice explanation to the default VPX physics, and a good start point to tweak them

JP

Hi, my name is chopped liver :) 

All of my tables were updated to JP physics, or came with them the 1st time.

Many of the "not mine" tables on my PC have JP physics, the author just didnt make them that way

#3253 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 07:13 AM

JP

Hi, my name is chopped liver :)

All of my tables were updated to JP physics, or came with them the 1st time.

Many of the "not mine" tables on my PC have JP physics, the author just didnt make them that way

I know about you wiesshund :) But those files just created confusion to the players. It is better with them removed from the official VPX release.

vp.jpg

#3254 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 03:03 PM

Really? I could also stuff them into a subdirectory then?

#3255 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 03:20 PM

Authors are mostly doing their thing (only wiesshund seems to be using them) and many people just ask me what to do with those files.

vp.jpg

#3256 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 11:18 PM

Authors are mostly doing their thing (only wiesshund seems to be using them) and many people just ask me what to do with those files.

That is both funny and sad, considering you wrote up a nice little short and sweet included PDF doc that explains everything

#3257 studlygoorite

studlygoorite

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 358 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Any VR table

• 360 Gamer Tag: King JJ

Posted 23 May 2022 - 04:10 PM

Curious, my issues persist with VPVR 10.7 (all versions) where some tables will not load, I was wondering if there is a hidden setting somewhere that would make VPVR try to load a table for a longer period of time before giving up? I have read that some have reported long loading times but I don't see that issue and maybe the tables that will not load for me need a bit longer. Note, I have no issues with VPX 10.7. Thanks

#3258 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 08:32 PM

Is there some error message?

#3259 studlygoorite

studlygoorite

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 358 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Any VR table

• 360 Gamer Tag: King JJ

Posted 23 May 2022 - 10:36 PM

Is there some error message?

Negative, I can see the loading bar move to full on the .exe but then it just disappears, this goes back to the beginning of March when I was testing the betas. I posted a crash.txt and jsm174 asked me to try the debug version but it still didn't show enough info as the pdb's didn't work....possibly because I have no developer tools on my machine.

#3260 EdwardK

EdwardK

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Gogar

Posted 26 May 2022 - 01:08 AM

That is both funny and sad, considering you wrote up a nice little short and sweet included PDF doc that explains everything

I am not a table author, but I realized using the new physics helped many of the tables.  You just have to make sure that the new physics is mentioned in case someone like me wants to use it.  In my case, I just have to make sure that whatever is installed now is backed up.

Edited by EdwardK, 26 May 2022 - 01:10 AM.