Hi everyone and welcome to a new beta phase.
Here is the changelog:
- reworked UI
o layer handling is now in a seperate window. Uncheck the checkbox to hide a complete layer or single elements
o support added to add unlimit amount of layers
o layers with no elements will be automaticaly deleted
o fast double-click a layer will select all elements of this layer and double-click one element will select it
o with a slow double-click on a layer or element let you rename it
o toolbar, properties and layers are now dockable windows without the need to restart VP
o Add context menu item to assign selected elements to the current selected layer.
- add MP3 and OGG support (via the BASS library) to the sound manager and the 'standard' sound commands
these new file types are now also saved directly into the VPX file, unlike the music commands (which still use the 'music' folder for legacy reasons)
Going forward, tables should only use the sound commands and not the music commands anymore
- optimize table loading/pre-processing time
- add table save date and revision to table info and also show in the pause info/menu
- add new plunger option: Enable 1s retract
The plunger will move forth and back between the maximum and minimum position, allowing for a retry, if the desired firing position has been missed.
Useful for button/key plunging and is now the new default.
- replace dithering code with blue noise, fixes flickering patterns (especially in darker table areas)
- tweak minimum physics cycle time, which mainly influences kickers
also update default kicker physics (Hit height 0.35 and Hit accuracy 0.5)
- fix slightly wrong flipper mesh (visible for very short flippers)
- fix some broken insert lights if playfield reflections are disabled
- fix OBJ-exported names for all ramp types
- fix missing wire thickness for triggers on OBJ export
- fix crash on (at least) one pre-forsyth-mesh-reorder table
- fix crash on loading older tables with too long collection names
- fix hangs on loading/playing older tables due to invalid shapes
- update BASS library to 2.4.15
- see core scripts (header of core.vbs) for the respective changelog (version 3.58)
- see CommandReference.txt for the changelog of all the scripting properties/interface changes
- add Clang (via Visual Studio 2019) support, still has a linking prob with 32bit though
- updated to latest FreeImage.dll (3.18.0) (currently disabled)
- DirectX 8 port for input handling (currently disabled)
Have fun and stay healthy.
Edited by fuzzel, 28 September 2020 - 06:02 PM.