I needed to fix a few problems with UltraDMD as well as add new features I wanted for my personal setup. This lead me to develop an open-source DMD rendering library with these features ;
- provide a flexible enough API to be able to create DMD scene in the script (as opposed to using predefined scene from the script), for example to create 'Video Mode',
- allow to easily add DMD to JPSalas latest tables,
- supports rendering inside VPX as an embedded DMD for desktop fullscreen exclusive mode,
- uses Freezy's DMD Extension to support all type of output (virtual DMD, real DMD, network, capture,...),
- support 32 and 64 bits mode, to be used as well as a plugin for PinballY,
- provide a drop-in replacement for UltraDMD, fixing a few things,
- provide scripts for a few great original tables (Diablo III, Minions, American Most Haunted, Metal Slug, Ghostbusters Slimer, Serious Sam,...).
Use the following link to download and install the latest version: Github releases.
On GitHub, you will also find a directory called 'Scripts' that contains modified scripts for a few popular tables, adding DMDs to JPSalas tables or moving from UltraDMD to FlexDMD. Just download them and place them in your 'table' directory alongside the .vpx table file. VPX 10.6+ will use them. You will also find a script for PinballY frontend for a custom DMD in it.
Edited by vbousquet, 27 March 2021 - 11:34 PM.