• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 21 April 2024 - 09:06 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Clock of Eternal Fog

File Submitter: CrimsonTurtle8

File Submitted: 21 Apr 2024

File Category: VPX Originals

Author(s): CrimsonTurtle8 (Benjamin Simon, @Spectrowhirl anywhere else online)
Permission to MOD?: No

At last, you have obtained the ancient eldritch relic, the Clock of Eternal Fog. With this intricate device, you can manipulate fabric of reality to spread darkness across the land and finally awaken the eternal entities to which you’ve sworn your soul. Fulfill your duty as an occultist acolyte and bring doom to humanity--and an end to space and time as we know it. 

[TO PLAY THE RAR FILES, DOWNLOAD ALL TO ONE FOLDER AND EXTRACT PART1 WITH WINRAR, THAT SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY COMBINE THE REST]

>>>>DROPBOX DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox....t=s1n0acdy&dl=0

WARNING: SOME OF THE EFFECTS, SOUNDS, AND IMAGES IN THE CLOCK OF ETERNAL FOG MAY BE GENUINELY DISTURBING TO SOME PLAYERS, INCLUDING STROBE EFFECTS AND FRIGHTENING IMAGERY. USE DISCRETION.  

NOTE: Yes, I know this table makes visibility difficult at times, e.g. the darkness, the strobe lights, the flashing horrors on the screen – that's part of the challenge! It's meant to feel like you’re going mad and you have to fight your own sanity to carry out your duties. 

This is my third original table made from scratch in VPX using only the blank table. This table relies much more heavily on AI art than my past tables, although the main playfield clock image was originally hand-painted by me before I distorted it. The rules, of course, are made by me. The music was composed and performed by me. The models were made and textured by me.  

GOAL: 

Light the Nine Sigils of Infinite Terror to summon the eldritch abominations who lie dormant in the blackness of space, ready to be awakened by faithful servants to devour our planet at the End of the Clock. After each of the nine quests are completed, a final cataclysmic event will take place and the cosmos will be filled with the empty static of eternal fog forever. 

Each of the Nine Sigils is sorted into one of three categories: Faith, Flesh, and Fear. As you work to push the Clock to the End, try to light these three lights in small groups to summon Eternal Entities for your mission.  You will need at least one Eternal Entity to complete the final ritual of Infinite Terror. 

VOID (Faith): 

Summon lesser gods to serve the Eternal Entities. Shoot the left ramp to spell V-O-I-D and call into the darkness of space. Once your call is answered, gather black magic strong enough to summon a lesser god by alternating shots between the left Void ramp and the right Bones ramp. Shoot each shot twice to summon the god. A blue meter shows your gathered magic on the left of the table. 

CODE (Faith): 

Shoot the three green Code targets protecting the Tower to spell K-E-Y. This will allow you to decode the cryptic symbols left behind by the long-dead servants of the past. After KEY is lit, shoot the targets down once more to light the Code Chance light in the Void ramp on the left. This will display four rapidly changing screens. Roll over all four scrambled symbol panels quickly to decode the message and unlock forbidden knowledge. 

ABYSS (Faith): 

Not all eldritch monsters hide in the vacuum of the void. Many lurk deep in the waters here on Earth. Dive far into the blackest depths of the sea to find the Abominations of the Abyss. Shoot the middle-right Abyss ramp to spell A-B-Y-S-S. This will make the protoplasmic blob in the back of the table collidable.  Fight it to enslave the monsters of the deep to serve you. Strike the blob three times to lower its health to zero and complete the quest. A red health meter shows the remaining shots on the left of the table. 

BONES (Flesh): 

Search the ancient crypts for the fossilized bones of dead gods and eldritch monstrosities. Shoot the right ramp to spell B-O-N-E-S. This will reveal hidden corpse remains around the table. Collect all four bones to amass the necessary flesh for your rituals, but be careful: there is madness in the bones. With each piece collected, you may increasingly question your sanity... 

RITUAL (Flesh): 

Perform horrific blood rituals to prepare for the End of the Clock. Shoot the spiked pop bumpers beside the tower to spell R-I-T-U-A-L. This will randomly light orange shots around the table. Shoot each one as they come to perform a unique sacramental ceremony. Complete three to finish the quest and remember the sacrifice of human blood is an honor and privilege bestowed by the Eternal Entities. 

MAW (Flesh): 

Few eldritch abominations bring as much disgust and horror as the Gaping Maw, but you will need it to fulfill your duty. Shoot the spinner in the right orbit to draw these jaws of filth ever closer. Once the creature is near, shoot the tower to strike the chime. This will signal the Gaping Maw to emerge from the bowels of the underworld. Strike the teeth of the Maw ten times to harvest its flesh. 

DREAD (Fear): 

Distort time itself and bring unending darkness to the land. Shoot the narrow left orbit with the pendulum-swinging clock to spell D-R-E-A-D. Then shoot any flashing shot to darken the skies. Shoot six shots to bring total blackness, then shoot the Dread orbit one last time to pass through the portal of static in the guts of the clock to complete the quest. Doom will prevail. 

RIFT (Fear): 

Slip through a rift in space and time to enter a negative alternate reality where the abominations reign. While inside, unleash the darkness into your own world to bring us closer to the End of the Clock. Shoot the middle orbit around the tower to open the Nexus to the Realm of Nightmares. Enter the portal at the base of the tower. While stuck inside the Rift, mash your flipper buttons as fast as you can to release as much darkness into our reality as possible. You may need to return to the rift several times to succeed. But once you do, you will fall through the infinite void and tumble forever unless you can use your own black magic to return to reality. Shoot the Void ramp to escape and complete the quest. 

EVIL (Fear): 

This is the final phase to bring about the Eternal Fog at the End of the Clock. Set free your summoned monsters to terrorize and devour the planet, unleashing an army of Unspeakable Evil. Shoot the right orbit to spell E-V-I-L, locking two balls in the process. Once the balls are locked and E-V-I-L is lit, shoot the Abyss ramp to lock the final ball and begin Multiball. Shoot the Bones ramp to earn a jackpot. One jackpot completes the quest. Humanity’s days are numbered. They never belonged to us. 

TOKENS: 

As you complete your quests, you will be gifted ancient tokens as payment for your services to the Eternal Entities. Each token is worth 100,000 points in the ball bonus, but is better spent on other rewards. Shoot all three Code targets to light the Token chance on the Abyss ramp. Then shoot the Abyss. The screen will then ask if you wish to toss a token into the sea. If you choose no, the Token will remain yours for the ball bonus. If you press the right flipper to select “yes,” you will be granted one of three rewards: 

• Artifact: An ancient relic enchanted with unspeakable evil. Keep these until your ball bonus to serve as multipliers. Each Artifact is also worth 5,000,000 points outright. 
  • Mask: A cursed mask will appear over one of seven shots, providing a permanent 4x points haul on those shots until you lose your final ball. This includes beating quests associated with those shots, so prioritize quests within the Masks you’ve earned. Masks will stay active until the bitter end. 
  • Organ Bumper: A mass of pulsing flesh severed from an eldritch abomination long gone will appear on the playfield. This temporary bumper will earn you massive points every time you hit it, but after 90 seconds, it will rot away to nothing.

BLACKMATTER TENDRILS: 

The Bones ramp has a parasite. A small Void Demon straddles the shot. Every time you complete a Bones ramp shot, the Void Demon will crouch to feed on the marrow of ancient bones. Strike the Demon to spawn a Blackmatter Tendril on one of five shots. These tentacles are mere shadows from the Realm of Nightmares and only last a few seconds. Hit the flailing tentacle to generate another one. Stack combos for bigger points. Awards increase in value as you go, from kickbacks, to a ball saver, to a free token, to a free lit Faith, Flesh, or Fear. 

ETERNAL ENTITIES: 

Every time you complete a Faith quest, a Flesh quest, and a Fear quest at least once each you will awaken an Eternal Entity. The screen in the lower left will display the monstrosity you invoked from the dark realities beyond the veil. Each entity will grant you 100,000,000 points and multiply your ball bonus. Even if you have no interest in pushing the Clock to the End and beating the final quest, you can still awaken as many Eternal Entities as you like by continually finishing a set of three quests. This may earn you nearly as many points as the final quest of Infinite Terror and may be useful if you find one or two specific quests too difficult to complete. 

INFINITE TERROR: 

Lighting all Nine Sigils will begin the apocalypse. You will know it when you see it. Avoid the spikes and shoot either the Dread or Evil orbit four times to run out the clock and let the Entities devour Earth... or whatever planets are left. Then... light all nine sigils to do it again and consume another world. Completing this quest will earn you an extra ball and 200,000,000 points. Do not stop until the Eternal Fog covers everything. Everything. 

Prove your worth to serve. 

Click here to download this file

#2 haggi

haggi

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 277 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Flintstones

Posted 22 April 2024 - 09:46 AM

Interesting table that has a very psychedelic atmosphere.

Respect for the idea and implementation.

The only thing that bothers me is that the ball starts before the table is ready to play.

But thanks to "ball saver" you can play the table after all.

Thank you for enriching the virtual pinball world

#3 CrimsonTurtle8

CrimsonTurtle8

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 22 April 2024 - 01:10 PM

Interesting table that has a very psychedelic atmosphere.

Respect for the idea and implementation.

The only thing that bothers me is that the ball starts before the table is ready to play.

But thanks to "ball saver" you can play the table after all.

Thank you for enriching the virtual pinball world

Hm that's never happened to me since my computer already is familiar with loading everything. Maybe I'll do a quick update to require the plunger button to start. Since I didn't do a plunger lane, I thought it would be cool to just ignore the plunger button completely, but I suppose I can make the flipper buttons start as well.

Edited by CrimsonTurtle8, 22 April 2024 - 01:12 PM.

#4 Itchigo

Itchigo

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: All

• Trophies:

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 AM

I'm curious what the symbols are from on the lights.

Founder of Rogue Pinball! https://roguepinball.com/index.php                 Making Pinball great again!!

partylikeits1776-.jpg

#5 forte

forte

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

• Flag: Uruguay

• Favorite Pinball: black night

Posted Yesterday, 12:49 PM

i like your tables, but theres no ball rolling sounds, is  there something im doing wrong?

#6 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,420 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted Today, 02:51 PM

i like your tables, but theres no ball rolling sounds, is  there something im doing wrong?

The ball rolling sound is a script routine that needs to be added to the script, it is not a built inn function of VPX :)

In this table there are no ball rolling routines in the script. Remember that in VP everything must be coded for it to be working, nothing works by itself.

So to answer your question: you are not doing anything wrong :)

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#7 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,031 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted Today, 05:01 PM

Looks very interesting, like the playfield and back drop.

Thanks for the table.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dark, cosmic horror, scary, lovecraft