#121 skpManiac

skpManiac

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 38 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:17 PM

are there any plans to do an animated one, if so I can wait :)
the flashing looks nicer lol

Thanks

#122 skpManiac

skpManiac

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

This is the multi version, meaning 3 screen and 2 screen support (you just have to hide the grill in the options)

easy!

Let's pretend I am new to this ;)
How do I hide it, is that in BACKGLASS VIEW in VP?

Thanks

#123 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

Visual Pinball & Future Pinball setup   https://www.vpforums...982#entry330264

2 and 3 Screen set-up and more

Attached File  VP 10.6 - 10-4-2020_setting 4K-TV.jpg   125.65KB   85 downloads<-- For Video settings & For VPM Default using Freezy --> Attached File  VPM Default.jpg   52.44KB   103 downloads

Everything works more correct when all screens are set at 100% scaling in windows

Best to have them align with the top of the Playfield monitor- Example Below

Normal Orientation for Monitor Set up in Windows

Not necessarily in the order of 1 2 3  -- The monitor numbers in windows don't mean anything when it comes to VP set up

Attached File  Displays.jpg   69.76KB   221 downloads Try this order - Playfield on the Left (Must be primary screen in Windows), To The Right - BackGlass, Dmd then Topper

For The setups using a real DMD just put the number 1 in the line Marked with a Red number and (leave the 3 lines above it at 0)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the score is part of the back glass hit F1 unchecked both DMD's including games like (Tom & Jerry) (PinBot)

In your B2S_SetUp.exe, B2S_ScreenResEditor or ScreenRes.txt if you put any number in the line ( Marked with a Red number) it should automatically get rid of the grill and some back glasses come with an image for the DMD area - 3rd LCD Screen ( You Need to have the correct directb2s file that as built in support - Try a different version of the Back glass if needed ) if you fill the 4 lines in Green it will locate the image for you, Games like (Back to the Future) or you may have to right-click the back glass and have more options when the game is running..

The type of DMD (Or if your using Freezy) that comes with games like (Attack from Mars) has nothing to do with the B2S set up file...(ScreenRes.txt) is in Visual Pinball\Tables folder

Those Settings are kept in the windows registry -- see More info Below

NOTE: 3 screen setup means you have a 3rd LCD screen, Games that come with the extra image like Diner, Funhouse and Back to the Future will not work with a real DMD
Dot matrix locator Zip File included at the bottom of the post
B2S_SetUp Good for the first 12 Lines Attached File  ScreenRes.txt 3840 settings.jpg   36.2KB   137 downloads
So it's better to edit the file with a text editor.
ScreenRes.txt  FILE  -- Your settings may be different but you get the idea

For the following 12 lines see here for more info  -- http://www.vpforums....als&article=136

3840    <-- Playfield  X   resolution (width)   Usually the same setting as windows
2160    <-- Playfield  Y  resolution (height)  Usually the same setting as windows
1920    <-- Backglass  X  resolution (width)   Usually the same setting as windows
1080    <-- Backglass  Y  resolution (height)  Usually the same setting as windows
       <---- Set this line to number 1 --- For back glass location  ---  See Note (1) Below
3840  <-- X Pos Offset for the backglass Set this line to the width of your playfield monitor  Left / Right -- For back glass location  ---  See Note (1) Below
0        <-- Y Pos Offset for the backglass  (normally left at 0)  Up / Down
1280      3 screen setup     0 <-- 2 screen and real DMD Leave at 0)  (Width)
320        3 screen setup     0 <-- 2 screen and real DMD Leave at 0)  (Height)
1920     3 screen setup     0 <-- 2 screen and real DMD Leave at 0X position (Left / Right) Relative to the upper left corner of the backglass Same next line
5        3 screen setup     0 <-- 2 screen Leave at 0 -- real DMD just put the number 1Y position (Up / Down)  See Note (2) Below
0            Y-FLIP (LED Display)

If you’re not interesting or don’t need Don’t add it / 4x3 Small-button Info #3 New Feature  http://vpuniverse.co...s#comment-32736

4090     Playfield width PLUS 250 is a good value to start with -- 4x3 Back Glass Feature  -- See Note (1) Below
1420      Frame image is included with this back glass --  https://www.vpforums...&showfile=12778
1080     Any Backglass that has the small button clicked, Will follow these settings...
C:\path\Frame                    The path to the location where you have the frame image
How the Small button works:  (Repeat this for every Table You want to use a Smaller back glass on)
Start your table as normally, Right click OR click on the backglass screen, press "S" on your keyboard to get the settings dialog.
Click the "Small" button. Click Save Settings.
Restart your table.

Note (1) Better way Instead of hoping windows picks the right screen continuously, By using this setting it will use location
Instead of #1  You may have to use whatever the windows ID number is for the Primary Screen
The small button option works differently when using location for the BackGlass, Normally you would put 250

(Older) Other way    2 <-- Display number for the backglass monitor - Try 1 - 15 if needed
(Older) Other way    0 <-- X Pos offset for the backglass on the selected display (normally left at 0)

Note (2) For real DMD If extra image is on the back glass Right back glass turn off B2S DMD

Attached File  B2S New.jpg   114.32KB   100 downloads  <--- Examples of a 3 screen setup -->  Attached File  20200326_215134.jpg   318.6KB   73 downloadsAttached File  20200326_214942.jpg   307.73KB   42 downloadsAttached File  20200326_215032.jpg   249.25KB   30 downloadsAttached File  20200326_214809.jpg   294.86KB   27 downloadsAttached File  20200326_214712.jpg   356.63KB   26 downloadsAttached File  20200326_214545.jpg   220.34KB   19 downloadsAttached File  DSC00938.JPG   150.13KB   58 downloads

The Latest ( Backglass Server 2.0..x )  --- https://www.vpforums...&showfile=12553

Right click a back glass to find out what version you have
Helpful Video - https://youtu.be/HWp05cV2paU
More info -- https://www.vpforums...903#entry424768

Separate ScreenRes.txt file
If you are running backglass server 1.3.0.6 or higher, You can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game

Then in that res file make changes for that table..
Latest Server - https://www.vpforums...&showfile=12553
If your back glass is doing this then set the width to 1918 — T5pia5yz2ayjq6ferwpa5o3yardu2ndut.jpg

If you get a DMD that looks similar to this then go in the Table script and change hidden = 0 to hidden =1 - also see more info

Attached File  Bad DMD.jpg   44.89KB   115 downloads

More Info - Also includes Setting up a default DMD (Like Attack from Mars) location for all tables

How to install DirectB2s backglasses:   http://www.vpforums....als&article=136

B2S Backglass Designer v1.2    https://www.vpforums...=40927&p=414013

B2S_Debug Tool    http://vpuniverse.co...4297-b2s-debug/

To start the back glass with Older Games including early VPX and VP9    https://www.vpforums...=32383&p=318484

-
Freezy & Color Rom setup -- https://vpuniverse.c...s#comment-42753
-
Visual Pinball & Future Pinball setup -- https://www.vpforums...982#entry330264

Attached Files

Edited by Outhere, 25 September 2023 - 03:23 PM.

#124 skpManiac

skpManiac

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

ok, I have RMC the backglass and turned Grill OFF, still the same, so I changed the B2S setup and still the same lol

I think I am stuck with it :P

This is my settings as they were

https://www.dropbox....kglass.PNG?dl=0

#125 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Did you download the one from my Dropbox link? And delete the old one?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#126 skpManiac

skpManiac

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

3 Screen set-up BackGlass animated

https://www.dropbox.....directb2s?dl=0

I had missed this post

Thanks very much = that's much better :)

Edited by skpManiac, 08 July 2016 - 06:05 PM.

#127 CJS

CJS

Tommy with Training Wheels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: My real Pinbot :) VP: America's Most Haunted, Star Trek 2013, Joker Poker, Abra Ca Dabra, AFM, Flash Gordon, ah I could go on forever

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

stunning table, thank you !

would like to change the dmd colour to the green shades i have seen when i played a real AMH. does anyone have any idea how to change this ? i had a look in the table scripts and in ultradmd , but could not find any reference to colouring.

thanks for any help :)

Edited by CJS, 24 August 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#128 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

would like to change the dmd colour to the green shades i have seen when i played a real AMH. does anyone have any idea how to change this ? i had a look in the table scripts and in ultradmd , but could not find any reference to colouring.

I believe you have to click on the DMD

#129 FreeLunch

FreeLunch

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Timeshock!

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

I love this table, thanks for the hard work.

Is it just me, or does the game over "match" not work properly? It only works properly when I get a high score. This also seems to stop me from starting a new game on free play. I've been working around this issue by restarting the visual pinball player.

i have the exact same problem, did you figure it out?

I checked the script today, and I think I found the problem.

If you want to try my fix, first make a backup of the table just in case.

Open the script, hit CTRL- F, type "Sub GameOver0", and then find the next "Exit For". After that line of code, start a new line and type "Else" and on the next line "GotHS = 0".

nameEntry HSCHeck, HSPlace
        Exit For
    Else
        GotHS = 0
    End If
Next

I'm not the table author, so I can't say for sure this fixes the bug without adding problems of its own, but it's working better for me now.

#130 CJS

CJS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• Favorite Pinball: My real Pinbot :) VP: America's Most Haunted, Star Trek 2013, Joker Poker, Abra Ca Dabra, AFM, Flash Gordon, ah I could go on forever

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

d'oh, thanks! i am using a real dmd so didn't have the option of clicking it as the software dmd was hidden. Thanks, wow, what a huge range of colours and themes to choose from, ultradmd rocks with a real LED DMD :)

this is possibly my nerw favourite table of everything in VP. I think I played it for nearly 2 hours straight and I am finally getting the hang oif the modes etc. this is a really funny pin, with great shots, music, lighting.

thanks so much to shoopity and freneticamnesiac for making this masterpiece.

one small issue which is ultradmd related.... my dmd retains the colour theme of AMH even when I exit the table and every table I play after AMH is played with the AMH theme, unless I do a software reset of the DMD through it's control panel app. Last time I tried to enter the name of the DMD it got censored, weird eh, guess I'm missing something there.

Edited by CJS, 25 August 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#131 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

I am flattered by the continued interest in this table. I'm proud of it for sure! It's 90% Shoopity, I only did the fun stuff. It's still my favorite table I've recreated.

d'oh, thanks! i am using a real dmd so didn't have the option of clicking it as the software dmd was hidden. Thanks, wow, what a huge range of colours and themes to choose from, ultradmd rocks with a real LED DMD :)

this is possibly my nerw favourite table of everything in VP. I think I played it for nearly 2 hours straight and I am finally getting the hang oif the modes etc. this is a really funny pin, with great shots, music, lighting.

thanks so much to shoopity and freneticamnesiac for making this masterpiece.

one small issue which is ultradmd related.... my dmd retains the colour theme of AMH even when I exit the table and every table I play after AMH is played with the AMH theme, unless I do a software reset of the DMD through it's control panel app. Last time I tried to enter the name of the DMD it got censored, weird eh, guess I'm missing something there.

If I was at home where I have the table installed I could tell you what you can do... in the script there's options at the top for setting the DMD color, that's why this changes for every table after you play this. You could either delete that script, or copy it to your other UltraDMD tables so every table has it's own color settings. If I remember when I get home I'll post a quick guide.

#132 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:27 AM

Well it looks like I lied, I thought this was one I put the script in that would set the color of the DMD at the start but apparently not, unable to determine what's wrong ...

#133 CJS

CJS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Well it looks like I lied, I thought this was one I put the script in that would set the color of the DMD at the start but apparently not, unable to determine what's wrong ...

I don't know if it helps... but I've noticed when I'm playing tables where I have set my own colour theme for the LED DMD - such as Attack from Mars I have a Red/Green theme - the AMH theme is not persistant. it only stays for tables that just use default colours for the DMD.

Man, I played the crap out of this table again tonight. Funny you know I played a real one here in Australia and it kicked my arse badly, guess cause it was new and I had no idea what to do. I stepped left and played Metallica instead :)

If anyone needs a reason to start using VP10 or upgrade their PC for VP10..... this table is that reason :)

#134 jarrod0987

jarrod0987

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 208 posts

• Favorite Pinball: SO MANY!!!!

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

I accidentally hid my ultra DMD with the check box. How do I get it back please?

#135 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:40 AM

I accidentally hid my ultra DMD with the check box. How do I get it back please?

Go to registry editor (type regedit into the windows search box) and go to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\UltraDMD and change hideVDMD from True to False

#136 TT11

TT11

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Kiss & Playboy, Stern Kiss & Playboy

• 360 Gamer Tag: PoundedElliepup

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:19 AM

Man, I played the crap out of this table again tonight. Funny you know I played a real one here in Australia and it kicked my arse badly, guess cause it was new and I had no idea what to do. I stepped left and played Metallica instead :)

CJS, that didn't happen to be at Broadmeadow's Pizza N Pinball was it???

#137 adamstillman

adamstillman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

• Favorite Pinball: twilight zone

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:12 AM

Is it just me, or does the game over "match" not work properly? It only works properly when I get a high score. This also seems to stop me from starting a new game on free play. I've been working around this issue by restarting the visual pinball player.

Open the script, hit CTRL- F, type "Sub GameOver0", and then find the next "Exit For". After that line of code, start a new line and type "Else" and on the next line "GotHS = 0".

Exit For
    Else
        GotHS = 0
    End If
Next

I'm not the table author, so I can't say for sure this fixes the bug without adding problems of its own, but it's working better for me now.

thanks sooo much... worked perfect, i have seen other people on other sites complain about this problem too.. cant believe how people keep going on about this b2s nonsense, i had a 3 screen color changing b2s right away. but never played this because i hated that the game ended and wouldnt restart.  

anyways.  thanks for the easy fix... and now i love the game and play it a lot.  

#138 CJS

CJS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:33 AM

CJS, that didn't happen to be at Broadmeadow's Pizza N Pinball was it???

haha yes mate, that's the place, been there a number of times. Love that place. I don't live in Newy but have a good friend there and we always head to P+P when i'm visiting.

Exit For
    Else
        GotHS = 0
    End If
Next

THANK YOU :)

#139 skmastaz

skmastaz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Jurassic Park

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

I can get everything to load fine, but I can't launch the ball far enough to get onto the playfield! I pull the plunger all the way back and it stalls right at the top. Also none of my DOF stuff seems to be working, I did just transfer all my pinballX stuff into my old visual pinball folder though. Maybe I goofed up my DOF settings doing that. I haven't tried any of my old tables.

#140 CJS

CJS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:07 AM

I can get everything to load fine, but I can't launch the ball far enough to get onto the playfield! I pull the plunger all the way back and it stalls right at the top. Also none of my DOF stuff seems to be working, I did just transfer all my pinballX stuff into my old visual pinball folder though. Maybe I goofed up my DOF settings doing that. I haven't tried any of my old tables.

you're running in VP10 ? that (too much friction) sounds like you might not be....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amh, spooky, benheck