tmek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Fish Tales

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

The Pinball Labs Kickstarter launched this Monday and is off to a good start!   

If this is the first time you've heard of Pinball Labs please check out the Kickstarter page.  Even if you're unable to pledge at this time, if you can share the kickstarter on other sites and social media it would really help the project!

Pinball Labs is amazing new pinball simulator, editor and API, featuring highly realistic physics and visuals with support for PC, VR and Virtual Cabinets.

Pinball Labs includes a host of virtual assets like pop-bumpers, slings, lights, spinners, drop-targets, plungers, etc., Pinball Labs' editor will allow anyone to easily design and play their own virtual pinball machines with drag and drop simplicity.

Last but not least, our API supports connectivity of virtual pinball to real world hardware or emulators. Enthusiasts with virtual pinball cabinets will have the power to to hook up real world buttons, lights, solenoids and other physical feedback devices directly to Pinball Labs' simulation.

Most of all, we want Pinball Labs to be a lot of fun! Join us on our adventure to write the next chapter of Pinball's time-honored, storied gaming tradition, by making our Kickstarter a reality.  Make a pledge today and spread the word about Pinball Labs!

Thank you for your support!
Thomas Kadlec (tmek)

PZjQ4tW.png

Edited by tmek, 18 December 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#2 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

Hi! I hope that you send this info to Todd Tuckey and John's.... trust me they are cool people!!

#3 tmek

tmek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

Hi! I hope that you send this info to Todd Tuckey and John's.... trust me they are cool people!!

I sent a rather lengthy email to tntamusments last night :)  Hopefully they'll consider it.  That was the only way I knew how to reach Mr Tuckey.

EDIT: I  posted on John's Arcade's Pinball forum but their administrator commented that it was spam. O.o

http://www.johnsarca...hp?topic=2892.0

Edited by tmek, 17 December 2015 - 09:51 PM.

#4 atarian

atarian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: EMs

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

I just joined Reddit - it only took 10 seconds - just need to choose a Username and password - you don't even need to provide an email, or verify the account.

#5 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:57 AM

I sent a rather lengthy email to tntamusments last night :)  Hopefully they'll consider it.  That was the only way I knew how to reach Mr Tuckey.

EDIT: I  posted on John's Arcade's Pinball forum but their administrator commented that it was spam. O.o

http://www.johnsarca...hp?topic=2892.0

lol that's funny that he comment SPAM, he must be still drinking the RUM a member send to him or something?... send him an email to blkdog7 at gmail.com

He use mame and other emulator stuff so... he's a cool guy, must be an error.

#6 chinzman93

chinzman93

"All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!"

• Platinum Supporter
  • 403 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fish Tales, BSD, AFM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

Popped over to Reddit to give this a quick UP!

#7 N3roflint

N3roflint

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Fake PInball

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:00 AM

Gave my upvote as well.

#8 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

I created a Reddit link to the Pinball Labs TechCrunch feature in effort to generate more interest. Pinball Labs is halfway through its campaign, and 7/18 of the way there in terms of funding.

I invite you to up-vote the following on Reddit, if you're interested:

https://www.reddit.c..._on_techcrunch/

Thanks!

#9 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:13 AM

Hmmm - Reddit admin zapped the thread, so no need to bother clicking over. Bummer.

#10 tmek

tmek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

Hmmm - Reddit admin zapped the thread, so no need to bother clicking over. Bummer.

Yeah, it's a shame they are being so heavy handed over a game that is *truly* an indie game, and one with a small funding goal compared to what many "indie" games have these days.  :\

Edited by tmek, 30 December 2015 - 01:29 AM.

#11 nodz509

nodz509

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

• Favorite Pinball: whirlwind,taf,TZ,wizoz,acdc monster bash, flintstomes, and likie 60 others

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

why the hell isnt anybody posting on this thread to keep it on the frontpage.....should be plastered all over all these pinball pages wtf!  this has the  potential to be the best thing that could happen pretty much ever for digi pinball.

#12 ringorian

ringorian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: road show

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

That teh release of Vp X is not on the says a lot :)

#13 SpykeDaddy

SpykeDaddy

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 18 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight zone

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

Donated at Wizard level. Good luck guys.

#14 EalaDubhSidhe

EalaDubhSidhe

Elder solid-statesman

• VIP
  • 1,094 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The one I like most is always the one I'll make next.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

Hmmmmmm.... Would it be possible to create standalone games from scratch with this software?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 chinzman93

chinzman93

"All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!"

• Platinum Supporter
  • 403 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fish Tales, BSD, AFM

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

I believe the point of the base software is to support development of stand-alone games. Interfaces for other things such as vpinmame, db2, and real-world hardware would be done via the Pinlabs API.

#16 tmek

tmek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

Hmmmmmm.... Would it be possible to create standalone games from scratch with this software?

I believe the point of the base software is to support development of stand-alone games. Interfaces for other things such as vpinmame, db2, and real-world hardware would be done via the Pinlabs API.

A key feature of Pinball Labs is that you can design your own tables completely from scratch, and the files that define each table will be open and easily shareable from any website.

Like other "build and play" games such as Minecraft or LittleBigPlanet, players will need to purchase a copy of Pinball Labs to play tables made with Pinball Labs.

Edited by tmek, 01 January 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#17 lodger

lodger

Board Certified Funk Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind, TAF

Contributor

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

Tmek,

any thoughts on table designers being able to sell original designed tables for play on your platform? depending, that could be an incentive for folks to develop original content. it would be interesting in the longer term if the software could serve as marketplace for original games/platform for promoting these

berzerk2_0logo.png

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=11819

Version 2.0- Released 2/27/16

#18 tmek

tmek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

Tmek,

any thoughts on table designers being able to sell original designed tables for play on your platform? depending, that could be an incentive for folks to develop original content. it would be interesting in the longer term if the software could serve as marketplace for original games/platform for

promoting these

Hi lodger, I have certainly thought about it and I think it would be amazing for everyone involved if that were to happen.  That would likely be one of the features for version 2.0 of Pinball Labs. 

In that light, I should probably backtrack a bit here about the openness of files.  There will probably be an option to save a table in an encrypted or obfuscated manner for the authors of tables that want that, or if there's ever licensed tables from manufacturers.

#19 EalaDubhSidhe

EalaDubhSidhe

Elder solid-statesman

• VIP
  • 1,094 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The one I like most is always the one I'll make next.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:31 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking. License the engine to table devs to earn some additional revenue, and grant the license holders the ability to create a separate end-product executable and/or front-end hub for their own tables for commercial purposes. I've been looking for a creative outlet like this for some time, since this is ultimately where future original games will derive from, as well as a potential stepping stone towards a viable real machine if the digital one finds its own popularity first.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 tmek

tmek

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:58 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking. License the engine to table devs to earn some additional revenue, and grant the license holders the ability to create a separate end-product executable and/or front-end hub for their own tables for commercial purposes. I've been looking for a creative outlet like this for some time, since this is ultimately where future original games will derive from, as well as a potential stepping stone towards a viable real machine if the digital one finds its own popularity first.

Absolutely.  I could certainly envision a simulator-only version with a marketplace that ran on just about every platform, including mobile as mobile devices get more powerful every year.

If we can get this (very modest) Kickstarter funded, I firmly believe it will become a self-sustaining, continuously evolving and improving virtual pinball platform.  

Edited by tmek, 02 January 2016 - 01:03 AM.