chokeee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

• Flag: Poland

• Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hello. I have a question about mounting legs. I noticed that on most machines back legs are mounted lower than the front legs. What is the correct angle of inclination of the machine (I do not ask about the angle of the monitor).Attached File  pinball.jpg   41.23KB   29 downloads

Edited by chokeee, 07 November 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#2 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

The top of the front legs are 9" from the bottom of the cab and back legs are 7" on my build.  Lockdown bar height ends up at 36" from floor

#3 chokeee

chokeee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

• Flag: Poland

• Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

where did you get these dimensions? these are standard parameters of one of the producers? In my mini-cabinet I have legs at the same height and it looks a little strange. below video of WIP https://www.youtube....h?v=pPDj_BkGCpA

Edited by chokeee, 07 November 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#4 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

Contributor

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

There were some posts on this topic on the hyperspin forums but I cant find them anymore.  When they updated the forum, a lot of old links broke.  Here are some related VP posts

http://www.vpforums....=29131&p=282348

http://www.vpforums....ght#entry238941

#5 jreising326

jreising326

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:21 AM

I'm at the same stage of my cabinet build and have the Williams legs and brackets from Pinball Life.  The Williams brackets threaded holes are offset by 2", so it seems you can flip them one way in the front and the rear and obtain the 2" difference gtxjoe recommends.  I can't imagine that's an accident... :)

Joe

#6 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

On a Wiliams wide body (IJTPA), legs are mounted in the same position front and back.  I replicated this for both my original and the new build I'm part way through.  With standard leg adjusters you get a good 1.5" if you need it for some reason.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#7 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

Contributor

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

DDH69. How far from the bottom of the cab are the legs mounted? What is the final lockdown bar height?

I am not "recommending" the 7"/9" offset, just commenting on what I did for my cab based on a few posts that mentioned the leg height. @jreising, now that you mention it I also recall that flipping the inside leg bracket worked out with the 2" difference. But I guess could also just have the brackets the same orientation to get an even leveled cab :)

#8 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,012 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

OK, prepare the reversing beacon, I'm backing up and correcting my previous statement after being prompted to get out the measuring tape.  Hope I didn't unintentionally mislead anyone.  :fool:

So, Wiliams widebody Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure;

Lock bar = 930mm from ground

Front leg = 230mm

Back leg = 185mm

My first build

Lock bar = 935m

Front and back legs = 235mm

The leg measurements above are from the base of the cabinet to the top of the leg, so the smaller the measurement to lower the leg is mounted.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#9 jreising326

jreising326

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:14 AM

So just a little under 2" then. I do think this is why the brackets have the same offset, it certainly would reduce manufacturing cost by eliminating different sizes for front and rear legs and brackets. I guess getting the Lockhart height where you want it is more important though. Thanks for sharing the measurements!