#21 randr

randr

I'm just a hardware guy so...

• VIP
  • 2,650 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Tried it very late last night, very nicely done. Those lights are superbly well implemented, seemingly having a real "glow" to them.

I tried both versions.

Vp9.9.0: it played extremely well, superb in fact with for whatever reason better than average aiming. This is not a bmpr table? It seems to play like one

Physmod5: at first it seemed to have this weird effect where shots seemed to stop unnaturally (ie: ball hits an object and seemed to absorb too die too much). Could be my imagination will need to test more. In saying I also found the ball seemed to be affected by the slope a little too much so I adjusted the slope to 4.5 for both min/max and for my preference this made a big difference in all facets of the game. The ball seemed to be a little slower so the loss of energy when hitting objects was not as pronounced. Had amazing balls and bad balls (ie: realistic) so no complaints here

Note: aside from being in beta, I believe the physmod can play somewhat differently depending on how the default global physics are set up. At least I know on my pc it went from an act of frustration to eternal bliss once I set these up. For this reason it's possible that my own setup interferes with how some of these tables are set up so keep that in mind before adjusting the slope as I did. My intention is not to draw away from the excellence of this release but simply acknowledges that physmod seems to be a tricky experience for many users so just trying to help.

Randr: shaddup! ;)

Icpj: update your sig ;)

I think your flippers were sticking...playboy..stuck pages..lol

randr___pinball.png                         

#22 arngrim

arngrim

DJ Force Feedback

• VIP
  • 2,188 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Monster bash

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Joe,

disabling sounds is good,for dof, just these two lines needs to be updated

Sub sw24a_Hit : PrimRolloverA "24", 1: DOF 101, 1 :End Sub 'Lane
Sub sw24a_UnHit : PrimRolloverA "24", 0: DOF 101, 0 :End Sub
Sub sw24_Hit : PrimRollover 24, 1: DOF 102, 1 :End Sub 'Lane
Sub sw24_UnHit : PrimRollover 24, 0: DOF 102, 0 :End Sub

Thanks

#23 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hi,

While overcoming my fear of the editor, I've been poking around taking a look at how some tables are created.  First thing that struck me was how accurate this table's description is:  Lord Hiryu's playfield redraw really is amazing. It's so good, I'm contemplating having it printed out large size to put on my wall (pretty sure though wife would have a problem with that ;).

Anyway, on that note, I did find an issue that is not that big a deal, but thought I should mention it.  Issue?  The playfield redraw has an error as the word "GROTTO" (top left of the playfield under the lane) has been misunderstood as "GROT TO".  A quick look at the many pics on the net does seem to show "GROT TO" as the proper spelling, but aside from the obvious proper use of grotto, this issue is somewhat caused by an optical illusion from the tips of the two "T" causing an apparent gap at the bottom of the letter, which seems to indicate a space. However, the tip of the T's show there is no gap.  See both pics.

This is a nit-pick put forth in case there's an easy fix, it is not a recommendation that this NEEDS to be fixed because it doesn't.  However, understanding this was probably done via photoshop and that LH may still have the assets and layers, this may indeed be a quick fix so just thought I'd let people know.  I searched for GROTTO and didn't see anyone mentioning this before so thought I'd just mention in for future use.

Can't seem to stop playing this game, it's just wonderful.  Such a great job done on this, another masterpiece of the era recreated I think as good as it gets.  LH's older version is also awesome if someone wants a "night mod" version of it, IMHO both of these are awesome and merit their place on my cab, and I suspect many others.

Loaf

Attached Files

#24 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,059 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Loafer - good eye.  Now I can't avoid noticing it.  I am really having a tough time fixing this though, so I need a little help in deciding what the final version should be...

Option 1, 2 or 3?

p1.png

LH - The redraw is amazing, even the screw holes are dimpled on the playfield, which you can't see unless you extract the playfield image to look at it :)

Edited by gtxjoe, 24 August 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#25 RNunez187

RNunez187

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 250 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

• PS3 Gamer Tag: RNunez187
  • 360 Gamer Tag: RNunez187

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

I like option 3

stfsgv.png

#26 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

I truly LOL'ed quite loudly when I saw the pics, thanks for the awesome laugh Buddy! (er, anyway I can get that special playfield version?  Would be good to see if anyone notices :D)

Ok, so anyone have the skillset to cartoonize my face and somehow merge it with the backglass to replace Hef? :)  I mean look at these pics, I'm a natural and I even provide the non-glasses or the one with the glasses for that extra distinguished look!

p.s. Dark:  You are NOT allowed to submit my Loafenstein face!!!  :boxing:

Attached Files

Edited by The Loafer, 24 August 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#27 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,059 posts

Contributor

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Can't help you on the face posterizing but here is the Loafer limited edition playfield - https://www.dropbox....loafer.png?dl=0

You know the the 'P' in Playboy is also messed up.  Left side is thin so its different from the other 'P's' on the rest of the playfield, I can I should adjust that to.

#28 aldiode

aldiode

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Silverball Mania

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

I truly LOL'ed quite loudly when I saw the pics, thanks for the awesome laugh Buddy! (er, anyway I can get that special playfield version?  Would be good to see if anyone notices :D)

Ok, so anyone have the skillset to cartoonize my face and somehow merge it with the backglass to replace Hef? :)  I mean look at these pics, I'm a natural and I even provide the non-glasses or the one with the glasses for that extra distinguished look!

p.s. Dark:  You are NOT allowed to submit my Loafenstein face!!!  :boxing:

Sounded like fun is this what you meant? Or more like this (The second one is closer to your natural hair color!)

Lol !

AL

Attached Files

Edited by aldiode, 24 August 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#29 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

Took me off guard with the second pic lol! I gotta go try this out in a few minutes lol

Edited by The Loafer, 24 August 2014 - 10:41 PM.

#30 randr

randr

I'm just a hardware guy so...

• VIP
  • 2,650 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

NICE! :dblthumb:

2nd pic is more loafer

randr___pinball.png                         

#31 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,059 posts

Contributor

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

Love it!

#32 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

OMG, some things just can't be un-seen! :pokey:

#33 aldiode

aldiode

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Silverball Mania

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

You should have seen the one I did with the blonde....It was freakish how good he looked!

But in all seriousness Loafer you're a good sport so I think this is what you really were looking for!

AL

Attached Files

Edited by aldiode, 24 August 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#34 htamas

htamas

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,153 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

Great table, thanks for this new version.

I copied the dip switch menu over from the earlier version and it works great with this one too.

I also noticed a little bug: the Extra Ball is not being awarded even though the corresponding chime is played. The lights on the playfield and the backglass are not illuminated and the ball count is increased after a drain.

Don't know if this is an easy fix, will have to check the script.

#35 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

You're right, blond is his color!

Okay I have just added another directory for modified tables to go along with my Pmods and Night Mods.

It's the Loafer cameo Mods!

#36 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Extra ball worked for me when I played it yesterday?

Al: awesome work I will keep them all :).

You're right, blond is his color!

Okay I have just added another directory for modified tables to go along with my Pmods and Night Mods.
It's the Loafer cameo Mods!

Eheh you should see Frankenstein in action. Next I am going to have to bribe someone to make a freddyloaf and a loafy-foot lol

#37 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,059 posts

Contributor

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Extra ball bug.  Looks like some default dipswitches must be set.  I will add this to the table 1.1 release.  In the meantime, add this to the bottom of the script and that will fix it

SetBallDip 'Thanks to Lord Hiryu table
 Sub SetBallDip
With Controller
.Dip(0) = &HE2' .Dip(0) = &H44
.Dip(2) = &HD1' .Dip(2) = &HDD
.Dip(3) = &H01' .Dip(3) = &H01
.Dip(1) = &HEA
end with
End Sub

#38 xzotic

xzotic

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 629 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:37 AM

So my mate who owns a real playboy 78 ended up coming over and giving the table a spin. The first thing he said was why does the table have the "Sexy Girl" table plastics and flippers? Can't believe I didn't notice it right off the bat myself. So I guess the question is valid - why were the sexy girl plastics/flippers used instead of the original playboy table ones?

Also he picked that the table was a redraw and not a photo image and thought that even though it looked very well done and clean it makes it a little less believable. I tend to agree but I realise this is probably a personal preference. Not sure if the photo graphics from the previous version could be swapped in. Probably not without a lot of resizing adjustments unless the redraw was a 1 to 1 with a photo at the same perspective?

His final comment was about the lights. He thought the option for pink and white lighting was a little odd and thought that it would have been great with an additional yellowish/white option to give it a more authentic real bulb glow. 

Overall however he was generally impressed. He thought the ball did some strange things from time to time but I don't think we'll ever have a conclusive discussion about that. 

|

|

YouTube: www.spaciesarcade.com

#39 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

Okay am I missing something here. this looks just like the pinball database images of Playboy and not even remotely like Sexy Girl.  Maybe the rubber color of the flippers but that's it.

#40 jmcgohon

jmcgohon

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

Sexy Girl or Sexy Girl Deluxe would be cool remake! Whats better than pinball and some tig o bitties!  :drool:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playboy, 1978, ICPjuggla, gtxjoe, Bally