• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar, Attack from Mars, MM, MB, Pinbot...

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Ok, I'm not asking for a debate or opinions. What I'm looking for are videos showing comparisons between tables create in VP and FP.

Like, a real nice looking table in VP, Attack from Mars. It would be nice to see a comparison video.

Or really any top designer VP tables, any video comparison videos (on youtube or w/e) out there?

Yes, I could just add FP to my cab, but I don't want to add the hassle on a perfectly working configuration unless FP just blows me away on tables i care about.

Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls

<OO>  Pinball Cab  <OO>  ArcadeX Mame Cab  <OO>

#2 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

The really good tables on VP can't really be compaired to FP just a totaly different feel.
Think of FP as like a ps3 game everything looks good awsome effects and everything just seems larger like an arcade. It is worth putting into the cab because there are some really great original tables and mods. I love both and wouldent give up either of them. Just look up some videos on youtube and see for yourself.

#3 open6l

open6l

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 639 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Legacy

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

How can you compare the great FP tables like TRON and IRONMAN and Avatar and Pirates of the Caribbean and Dark Knight when they don't even exist on VP (and there are TONS of top notch Originals on FP too like Goonies and DieHard and JAWS and all of Polygame's tables and so on and so on)...

As LoadedWeapon said in his post - youtube it.

open6l___gaming.png

#4 Pinhead22

Pinhead22

PinHead

• Silver Supporter
  • 419 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Banzai Run, STTNG, Black Knight 2K, 2001

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Check out some of SlamT1lt's mods for FP tables. Really neat stuff and defiantly worth adding to your cab.

#5 ced

ced

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,155 posts

• Flag: Jamaica

• Favorite Pinball: TRON

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

How can you compare the great FP tables like TRON and IRONMAN and Avatar and Pirates of the Caribbean and Dark Knight when they don't even exist on VP (and there are TONS of top notch Originals on FP too like Goonies and DieHard and JAWS and all of Polygame's tables and so on and so on)...

How can you compare the great VP tables like TOM and BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA and CACTUS CANYON and TSPP (simpsons stern) when they don't even exist on FP.... ;)

#6 ABACABB

ABACABB

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

• Favorite Pinball: South Park

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yes, I could just add FP to my cab, but I don't want to add the hassle on a perfectly working configuration unless FP just blows me away on tables i care about.

I get what you are saying about not messing up your current setup but FP is SOOOO much easier to set up than VP. It is not even a comparison on the setup procedure, FP wins hands down.

I just installed FP in my cab about 2 months ago. The reason I had avoided it was because I remember the struggles I went thru setting up VP. I finally decided to give FP a go and before I knew it I was playing tables!! There is almost nothing to it.

My point to all of this is just put FP on your cab and decide for yourself. These are 2 great programs that can and should happily co-exist.

#7 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Well that table is not a good example it sounds and looks good but thats about it. I played the real thing countless hrs. And enjoy Vp much better. The FP version is slow ball, huge cannons and with 2.5 the added ball weight cannons shoot duds just can't enjoy it. But others like Indiana Jones, pirates of the caribbean, tron, aliens,transformers, 3 angels,reel it in, road girls, the list goes on.. I have about 400 of the best tables made from vp and fp and my cab is about 50/50.
Everyone has a different opinion one reason I try not to get into these vp/fp threads but after all said and done there is only one answer and that is they are both great and FREE! Alot of people give there spare time to give to the community. Really no need for discussion Try it out if you like it great and thank the people that make it happen. If you don't that's fine too cause you dident pay for it and you don't have to play it. Nothing is lost by giving it a try you might be surprised...

Edited by LoadedWeapon, 28 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#8 Grizz

Grizz

Art Guru

• VIP
  • 1,105 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

check out big bang bar vids on youtube..

Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]

Posted Image

#9 gbeef

gbeef

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: adams

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Id say give it a try there some nice tables in FP you cannot get on VP. I think when it comes to gameplay, VP has a better feel even with the 2.5. FP. FP 2.5 is close but something is a bit off. Graphically FP is better, but in my mind gameplay is key. Also because FP tables are not rommed controlled, the Pinball conversions don't feel 100% but there pretty close.

Vp

-better gameplay. rom controlled

-doesn't look at pretty as FP.

FP

-tables look great.

-gameplay is feel is off a little. ( but it close with 2.5FP)

-not ROM controlled therefore timing maybe off.

#10 ced

ced

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

#11 uberpinball

uberpinball

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 449 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar, Attack from Mars, MM, MB, Pinbot...

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Obviously some people can't read. I gave an example, Attack from Mars. A great table on VP, also available on FP. All the ones that are exclusive to FP wouldn't concern me as I'm looking for a visual comparison of existing tables create on both.

check out big bang bar vids on youtube..

Thank you Grizz. This is exactly what i was asking for, simple response.

So is it me, or does the VP version of Big Bang look alot better than the FP version. And what exactly is the ball doing in the FP version? It looks slow and then speeds up at random times. Maybe it's the video.

Edited by uberpinball, 28 March 2013 - 07:30 PM.

Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls

<OO>  Pinball Cab  <OO>  ArcadeX Mame Cab  <OO>

#12 open6l

open6l

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

good comparison - desktop to cabinet in those videos

and ball weight is massively changed in 2.5 physics (unlike 1.0 in that video)

TSPP exists, TOM is in progress and Cactus is in talks :)

How can you compare the great VP tables like TOM and BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA and CACTUS CANYON and TSPP (simpsons stern) when they don't even exist on FP.... ;)

open6l___gaming.png

#13 Grizz

Grizz

Art Guru

• VIP
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

nice builds uberpinball..just checked your links :}

i just set up a new mame machine..

upgraded to 55 inch LG led...finally the mame artwork is READABLE/USABLE!

1920x1080 artwork looks so great in mame now!

And i added the 3rd monitor in the HyperPinner!

DMD is amazing addon!

Also..maybe time for your 3rd build ?

HyperSim is sick man!

One of my favorite builds for sure!

Mauahhahaha

Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Posted Image

#14 Grizz

Grizz

Art Guru

• VIP
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

@open6l

yeah i could not find the arcade cab version of FP on youtube for him to check out.

did the best i could my friends..

Posted Image

#15 open6l

open6l

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

no worries... ultimately it's his decision but it shouldn't be FP vs VP - it should be FP + VP since they both have their own strengths and weaknesses and tables. It's sort of like XBOX360 vs PS3. Sure you can get similiar games between the 2 but the beauty is in having both so you can have the exclusives from each console. But whatever :)

@open6l

yeah i could not find the arcade cab version of FP on youtube for him to check out.

did the best i could my friends..

open6l___gaming.png

#16 EalaDubhSidhe

EalaDubhSidhe

Elder solid-statesman

• VIP
  • 1,094 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The one I like most is always the one I'll make next.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

*sigh* This is the part that always depresses me about the VP versus FP blather;  the inherent implication that everything that ever led us up to this point suddenly doesn't count.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 ced

ced

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

"TSPP exists"... I never see this table on fp

#18 manbo

manbo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: addams family

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

jepp,

both awesome systems live in peaceful coexistence in my cab. 

I love the high quality look of the newer FP Tables and the realistic feel, of the greate VP Tables. 

My Cab: http://www.crypton.de

Arcade: Mame-Cab Horizontal mit Hantarex, Mame-Cab Vertikal mit Hantarex, Tankstick 
Pinball: Gottlieb Virtual Pinball Cab 40"/27"/Real DMD i5 3450 3,1Ghz, Intel 128 SSD HD, Nvidia 560TI

#19 open6l

open6l

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

You just have to look (outside the VPF box).

"TSPP exists"... I never see this table on fp

open6l___gaming.png

#20 Glxb

Glxb

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 385 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Tspp is not on general release yet. Still a beta
Follow me on twitter. @GLXB