teppotee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: CV

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

About the passive 3d glasses. I just played around with my passive LG 3D settings again and noticed that the glasses must be circular polarized. There was no difference in 3D picture when I rotated the glasses. Which means that it works out-of-the-box with the cab BUT has major ghosting issues. Which gives me headache and I can't play long with that setting (although the 3d does look amazing). I just read through this thread again and noticed this piece of information " although there is a workaround in the form of using circular polarized 3D glasses instead (f.e. real3D cinema glasses use this), at the price of getting slight ghosting effect"

So using linear polarized 3D glasses (and rotating the lenses) should give much less ghosting? Is somebody using passive 3D television in a cab without ghosting?

Btw. would it be possible to render the ball similarly to the alpha flashers? So that the same ball position would be rendered for both eyes? Having ghosting on the ball is probably the main distraction. Not sure how that would affect the 3D effect though... but just suggesting if it might help.

#62 toxie

toxie

Pinball Wizard

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

I use linear polarized 3D glasses (rotated) on my LG, and there i have very slight ghosting.. But IMHO it's only noticable if you look for it..

If i use the circular polarized 'workaround' then the ghosting is much stronger..

As for the flat ball: I guess this would look very strange (as it basically will look like a decal floating over the objects, especially strange when it overlaps multiple objects).. But maybe it's also tearing in that case, i.e. the left eye gets a different frame than the right, which can be avoided by using the adaptive vsync video option (or in the driver)..

#63 teppotee

teppotee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: CV

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I will check the vsync. It doesn't work very well for me in 2d but maybe it's a different story with 3d.

I will try to find linear polarization glasses for testing. Too bad almost none of the shops list specifications about the polarization type... I really hope it fixes most of the ghosting because the 3d does make it sooooo much more real. Always something new to tweak with VP 

#64 toxie

toxie

Pinball Wizard

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

Just updated the first post with simplified VP10 info.

Edited by toxie, 26 October 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#65 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: There's too many good ones but I really love the atmosphere in Cirque Voltaire!

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

Anyone using the 3D Stereo setting in Virtual Desktop with an Oculus Rift?

I'm trying to get it to work but left and right eye are totally off and doesn't produce a correct stereo image, I've tried both SBS and Over/under.

For comparison I installed reshade with the SuperDepth3D shader which also gives you SBS Stereo and that produces a correct stereo image (altough it gives you a very odd depth map so it's not playable that way anyway)..

I took a screenshot of each and you can clearly see the difference:

I play in 3440x1440 (21:9) but I also tried different resolutions with the same result, also played around with the settings like disable filters, changing separation and zpd, same thing.

To reproduce the above result you don't need to have a VR kit. :)

Edited by Rawnei, 12 June 2018 - 08:09 PM.

#66 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

• Favorite Pinball: There's too many good ones but I really love the atmosphere in Cirque Voltaire!

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:32 PM

I've cracked the code to good looking 3D in VR scale!

:bar3:

I'm using ReShade with the SuperDepth3D shader instead of the built in SBS in VPX since that produced weird results for me.

Playing VPX tables in Virtual Desktop, probably works well in Bigscreen as well but I have not tried.

AA is turned off in VPX for optimal performance and FPS capped to 90 to avoid weird stuttering (important), AA can be enabled in ReShade with various shaders.

For updated settings see post below: http://www.vpforums....e=4#entry408206

The rest is pretty much tweaking POV settings of the table to your liking, I've attached a POV file that I think works very well as a starting point for me, usually with no or minimal tweaks, tested this on about 8 FSS tables so far.

This is pretty amazing, the scale (huge screen!), the 3D depth ( :lusty:), the only thing I am missing is higher resolution headset, can't wait for generation 2! :love39:

If you have a VR headset give it a try!

I recorded a short bit of Monster Bash gameplay by using Oculusmirror to give you an example!

There is a bit of lag in the clip since I don't have a capture card and the computer is driving VPX+Stereo3D in VR+Video Recording, normally it runs flawlessly at 90fps capped.

Edited by Rawnei, 15 June 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#67 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

Another example with Batman :) might need to tune POV a bit on this table but it looks nice!

#68 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Updated my post with a better default POV and tweaked 3D settings.

#69 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,647 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:46 PM

I haven't touched this stuff for a little while, but it did play fairly well in bigscreen with SBS (or was it overunder).  I have a a device I call pinstubby that makes playing on the rift really lifelike.  Will try out your stuff tomorrow.  good stuff

I wish I could move the "camera" so I can change my view to be at end of the table for fs mode(if anyone knows how in virtual desktop or bigscreen please tell me how).  Getting closer every month though.  Can't wait to test playin on the Oculus Go, streaming from PC.

sds.png

Edited by Slydog43, 15 June 2018 - 01:04 AM.

#70 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

I haven't touched this stuff for a little while, but it did play fairly well in bigscreen with SBS (or was it overunder).  I have a a device I call pinstubby that makes playing on the rift really lifelike.  Will try out your stuff tomorrow.  good stuff

I wish I could move the "camera" so I can change my view to be at end of the table for fs mode(if anyone knows how in virtual desktop or bigscreen please tell me how).  Getting closer every month though.  Can't wait to test playin on the Oculus Go, streaming from PC.

I'm getting my arcade/pin controller kit from China in the mail today, it's only an arcade stick but with 4 side buttons, 2 on each side. :)

In Visual Pinball, if you run with my 3D settings and POV above then you can launch the table in camera/light edit mode (F6) and then just move the table around with Y and Z offsets to position the table where it feels best for you.

#71 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

This works well with any table really so technically does not have to be a FSS table, I just tried a desktop table but starting it in FSS with my POV settings, all I had to do was add a DMD flasher for the DMD.

Attached File  desktop_table.jpg   80.87KB   8 downloads

#72 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

Spent most of the day tweaking and making this even better.

I've found POV that works for both Desktop and VR play, I switch the SuperDepth3D and Polynomial Barrel Distortion shaders on when I play in VR and off when I'm playing on the monitor so that I get the same scale and don't have to switch between different POV settings in VPX.

Also I'm using the LumaSharpen shader when I play in VR which adds much needed sharpness and clarity, it does a lot for image quality in VR.

You can easily toggle all this with a hotkey of your choice in ReShade, I use CTRL+PageUp to toggle ReShade filters and CTRL+PageDown to toggle SBS 3D in Virtual Desktop so it's very fast and easy to switch between all of this.

SuperDepth3D Settings:
[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Depth_Map=0.000000
Depth_Map_Adjust=0.200000
Divergence=50.000000
Auto_ZPD=2.000000
Offsets=0.500000
Depth_Map_Flip=0.000000
Balance=3.000000
ZPD=0.375000
Disocclusion_Adjust=2.000000
DepthPlus=0.000000
Disocclusion_Power_Adjust=1.250000
Perspective=0.000000
Depth_Map_View=0.000000
WDM=0.000000
Weapon_Adjust=0.000000,0.250000,0.000000
Weapon_Depth=0.000000
Custom_Sidebars=1.000000
Stereoscopic_Mode=0.000000
Scaling_Support=1.000000
Cross_Cursor_Color=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
Anaglyph_Colors=0.000000
Anaglyph_Desaturation=1.000000
View_Mode=0.000000
Auto_Depth_Range=0.000000
Eye_Swap=0.000000
Cross_Cursor_Size=25.000000
InvertY=0.000000

Polynomial Barrel Distortion:

[Polynomial_Barrel_Distortion.fx]
Interpupillary_Distance=0.000000
Lens_Distortion=0.010000
Stereoscopic_Mode_Convert=0.000000
Degrees=0.000000,0.000000
Lens_Center=0.500000
Vignette=0.000000
Polynomial_Colors=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
Zoom_Aspect_Ratio=0.850000,1.000000
Custom_Sidebars=1.000000
Diaspora=0.000000
HMD_Profiles=0.000000

Luma Sharpen:

[LumaSharpen.fx]
pattern=1.000000
sharp_strength=3.000000
sharp_clamp=0.100000
offset_bias=1.000000
show_sharpen=0.000000

POV:

Attached File  FSS_Perspective_for_VR_and_Desktop.zip   443bytes   12 downloads

The same setup also works with Pinball Arcade but you will need different settings for SuperDepth3D for it:

[SuperDepth3D.fx]
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=1500.000000
Divergence=50.000000
Auto_ZPD=0
Offsets=0.500000
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Balance=0
ZPD=0.050000
Disocclusion_Adjust=2
DepthPlus=0
Disocclusion_Power_Adjust=0.000000
Perspective=0.000000
Depth_Map_View=0
WDM=0
Weapon_Adjust=0.000000,0.250000,0.000000
Weapon_Depth=0.000000
Custom_Sidebars=1
Stereoscopic_Mode=0
Scaling_Support=1
Cross_Cursor_Color=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
Anaglyph_Colors=0
Anaglyph_Desaturation=1.000000
View_Mode=0
Auto_Depth_Range=0.000000
Eye_Swap=0
Cross_Cursor_Size=25.000000
InvertY=0

#73 blindpeser

blindpeser

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: WCS94

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

Hey mate,

this sounds absolutely interesting! I am using a Rift and I've done everything on Pinball FX2 VR. I love the effort people put into Future Pinball tables, but the physics kill the experience for me. I tried VP 3D and Bigscreen but had pretty weird 3D effects and stuttering. So I'd like to try your way. I am completely new to VP and never played games on Virtual Desktop before. Could you please create a tutorial for dummies and explain every step that is neccassary to get the fine result as seen on your videos? Maybe you could take Monster Bash as an example? Thank you very much!

#74 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

Hey mate,

this sounds absolutely interesting! I am using a Rift and I've done everything on Pinball FX2 VR. I love the effort people put into Future Pinball tables, but the physics kill the experience for me. I tried VP 3D and Bigscreen but had pretty weird 3D effects and stuttering. So I'd like to try your way. I am completely new to VP and never played games on Virtual Desktop before. Could you please create a tutorial for dummies and explain every step that is neccassary to get the fine result as seen on your videos? Maybe you could take Monster Bash as an example? Thank you very much!

Hiya!

Please try to follow the instructions and links above and see how far you get and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Also my opinion is that while this is pretty cool and was fun to setup and is totally viable in concept, resolution in the current generation of Rift and Vive is too low and kills the experience for me personally, I'm waiting for higher resolution headsets for this to be enjoyable for me.

#75 ktoloco

ktoloco

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Favorite Pinball: adams

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

Hi, im trying get work the tables in my Vive using virtual desktop. I got work all ok in vpx, reshader and virtual desktop, but i dont know how use the .pov file. Where i need to put? Also i have problem with Polynomial Barrel Distortion. When i activate, the table look wrong. Maybe is because im not using the .pov file? I used BAM VR with Future Pinball, is perfect about vr look, but i dont like the physics in future pinball, vpx is much better.

edit: i fix the Polynomial set the Interpupillary_Distance with another values

Edited by ktoloco, 21 June 2018 - 09:24 PM.

#76 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

You import the POV into VPX, basically it's preset camera settings for the table, getting the right camera/scaling is important for it to look good.

#77 ktoloco

ktoloco

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

You import the POV into VPX, basically it's preset camera settings for the table, getting the right camera/scaling is important for it to look good.

Thanks, im an idiot, i didnt saw that option. I got working rename that file to the same table name. For example, for The Addams Family (Bally 1992) v1.4.1 rev1- [D&N][FSS][DMD].vpx i rename your file to The Addams Family (Bally 1992) v1.4.1 rev1- [D&N][FSS][DMD].pov

#78 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

Thanks, im an idiot, i didnt saw that option. I got working rename that file to the same table name. For example, for The Addams Family (Bally 1992) v1.4.1 rev1- [D&N][FSS][DMD].vpx i rename your file to The Addams Family (Bally 1992) v1.4.1 rev1- [D&N][FSS][DMD].pov

You don't need to do that, just import the pov and it will overwrite the current camera settings, make sure the table is in Full Screen Singlescreen first, then just save the table. On some tables you may need to adjust y/z position just a bit depending on table size and placement. Of course you could make your own camera settings as well these are just settings I think works good for the purpose, you can also export your current camera settings if you want to change back.

#79 ktoloco

ktoloco

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

You don't need to do that, just import the pov and it will overwrite the current camera settings, make sure the table is in Full Screen Singlescreen first, then just save the table. On some tables you may need to adjust y/z position just a bit depending on table size and placement. Of course you could make your own camera settings as well these are just settings I think works good for the purpose, you can also export your current camera settings if you want to change back.

I understand now, thanks for the tip. I will post my results later. I will record a video now. I hope VPX will work with BAM VR in the future, because the vr implementation is perfect, but for now work only with Future Pinball, and i dont like the physics of that. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=m6XADyINi3U

Edited by ktoloco, 22 June 2018 - 10:50 PM.

#80 derjackal

derjackal

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Back to the Future

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

Hi Mate, sorry I need Help, I'd like to use BigScreen for VPX but I'd Like to See also the BACKBOX, how is POssible ???

Thnx

Maybe I solved , on Steam the features says Your DESKTOP IN VR: see your PC's desktop screen on huge virtual monitors that can be customized to any size or shape. Multi-monitor support for up to 3 virtual monitors.

I'll try in the next days, if you have some Advice I'll be gratefull.