#1161 CPSNine

CPSNine

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 135 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Awesome to see how far this project has evolved since Louizou first introduced it to us.

Great  job BilBoX.

My Cab: Pin-up
Universal Pinball Machine

#1162 ViriiGuy

ViriiGuy

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 125 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Pinbot, Indiana Jones, Adams Family

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Oh very nice! I can't wait to test this out on my cabinet.

#1163 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Wow that is impressive.. I know table builders will have alot of fun with this :)

#1164 promise2die4

promise2die4

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Junkyard, Medievel Madness, Attack and Revenge from Mars

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

This is very good news and a really great video.

Im adicted to the bam 3d, but he if you guys can make this i will return to the VP and leave the FP hahaha..

but i understand all the things you said in the video, but please keep it simpel for us to use,... cause when i see all those things about the flippers you can change it makes my head spin and not the pinballs :P

but anyway tnx for the video and for the hard work and program,.. 

cant wait for christams time to unpack/install the program!!

CHEERS!!

Edited by promise2die4, 06 December 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#1165 Gilrock

Gilrock

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

"Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled."

Sorry but I keep thinking of this term every time I read about this...lol.

#1166 hotdp

hotdp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

• Flag: Denmark

• Favorite Pinball: T2

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

"Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled."

Are you kidding? Trolling? I don't get it. Have you not been following the many updates and the fast progress?

#1167 Gilrock

Gilrock

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

All they gotta do is release it to prove me wrong. :)  Yes I've been following the thread....for months and months.  Then I see the project getting bogged down with support for ocular rift and people wanting linux versions.  It's looking like it will never be perfect enough for a release...hence my comment.  If you can't laugh about it then sorry.

#1168 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 426 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Familly, Scared Stiff

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

Lol. Right. You are absolutely right, Pinball Unit3D is a full Vaporware (as was Duke Nukem Forever ;)). Fortunately, "Unit3D Pinball" (new name because of Pu3D ;)) is a real software and we hope to release the demo before Christmas.

Please, think about it 2 seconds (maybe more times than you spent on your last post...) and tell me what good to us is it to "lie" about A FREE SOFTWARE???  (knowing that current donation will be release then only btw...) We work hard, on spare time, because we love pinball and we are perfectly aware that UP3D will not satisfy everyone. I you have been able to wait 'til now to post your frustration, I am sure you will be able to wait some more weeks without demotivate people...

Posted Image

Continue helping us at donate@unit3dpinball.net

#1169 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for all your hard work Bilbox! I can't wait to test it out..

#1170 louizou

louizou

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BlackKnight2k T2 Twilight Zone

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

"Vaporware" is best suited for stove builders !

So mr Gilrock should be totally satisfied !

If not, go buy and play TPA...

uplogomini.png

Continue helping us at donate@unit3dpinball.net

#1171 AaronShupp

AaronShupp

Human Paraquat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Bride of PinBot

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, hurry up the pace of the enormous amount of work and personal time you've devoted to this project so I can have it for free! Was my rude comment offensive? Haha, it's just a joke you didn't get.

/ People need to stop and think for two f'ing seconds before they speak. Beesh...

#1172 hotdp

hotdp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

• Flag: Denmark

• Favorite Pinball: T2

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

All they gotta do is release it to prove me wrong. :)  Yes I've been following the thread....for months and months.  Then I see the project getting bogged down with support for ocular rift and people wanting linux versions.  It's looking like it will never be perfect enough for a release...hence my comment.  If you can't laugh about it then sorry.

No I can't laugh, because its not funny but very rude.

#1173 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,633 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Glad to hear from both Bilbox and louizou about a possible demo release before christmas!  This would bring much cheer and happiness to the pinball world.  Peace and Joy to the world, long live pinball

#1174 gear323

gear323

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

• Favorite Pinball: All

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yes. Super exciting news. Christmas is right around the corner at this point. A demo before Christmas would be awesome! If it is not ready by then I will continue to patiently wait.

Thanks for all the time and effort you guys have been spending on this. From what we have seen so far it looks great!

#1175 Gilrock

Gilrock

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Some of you got way too worked up about my comment and took it much differently than intended. I find the term funny because I develop software professionally for 28 years and almost all software projects are late.  The term doesn't mean someone is lying...at least not the way I use it...its more of a well intentioned project that never comes to fruition.  I've released a table in FP and I've got the same table completed in VP along with the associated backglass so I'll be interested in trying to get it ported in this whenever it gets going.  I would have been happy to help out with development for this and I'm the kind of nut that would have bought a PRO license to do it.  It no fun sitting on the sidelines and not being able to help design and code it.  I think the hobby needed something new to bring it into the future and I've stated that on other forums.  I just hope this turns into an open development project.  We don't need another FP where development comes to a halt when one person gets burnt out.

#1176 UltraPeepi

UltraPeepi

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 216 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Mary Shelly's Frankenstein

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

I started an original table more than two months ago.  I started with FP.  I loved the product as a design tool; but was completely dissatisfied with the playability/physics.  I saw this thread and was hopeful, but knew that it wasn't really close to being released; and I knew anything could happen to prevent it from being released.  So I proceeded with VP after seeing the progress being made with mesh support.

All of my investments in these other platforms will serve me well when/if I finish the table under UP3D.  The table layout would be redone in FP then imported (unless UP3D has its own designer).  The VP game logic would be ported to C#.  The piece I am not sure about is the DMD.  I am currently using HyperDMD.  Future Pinball has FutureDMD.  But there is also XDMD (which is a lower level library).

Will UP3D have built in support for DMD (VPinMAME deals with the DMD for ROM games, but for original games we need a component to provide DMD support)?  I am not requesting this feature.  I do not want to hold up a release for this.  I was just interested in what the plan is in this regard, and what the priority is for this kind of feature.

Another question (and I can probably find this out on the Unity3D web site) - what is the scope of the .net that I will be able to write?  Will I be able to run inproc .net components?  If so, I can load and make calls to XDMD without building a wrapper.

I hear of people taking 6 months to more than a year to build a table.  Building a table framework is significantly harder.  I think the progress on this project has been quite good.  The only question is, can the developers finish.  Some developers have a hard time with this part.  There are project managers who get paid good money to usher projects through the development process and deliver a finished product that actually ships.

I remain positive.  Keep up the good work.

ultradmd_splash.png

#1177 gogol

gogol

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Arabian Night

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

What ? a demo before Christmas ?  if it s a joke it s not funny !!

if it's not i love you

#1178 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 426 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Familly, Scared Stiff

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi guys.

I am happy to see that you are really hoping for this release. You saw a lot of things in these videos and I want to be clear, just to prevent disappointment:

This demo will be the Player demo, meaning it will probably not include all "developpers" and "editor" parts.

What will NOT be in this demo:

- FPT import

- Material Editor

- Head Tracking

- Lighmaps

- Shadows

LED Wiz support

What will MAYBE be in this demo

- Curves Editor

- Physics Tuner

- Early Oculus Rift Support

- Debug shot

What will be INCLUDED in the demo

- Full Player mode Simulation (including modded VPInMame.dll)

- Some tables, depending on finishing state (The Addams Familly, Terminator 2, and maybe, Black Knight 2000, Dr Dude, Scared Stiff)

- The associated commented sample scripts for educational purpose (but you will be able to modify them if you wish)

- Highly customizable cabinet mode

- Customizable Input System

- Multiple Cameras system

- Complex flippers simulation

- Additionnal DMD display

- and Fun I hope :)

Peepi:

- I will take a look at the DMD systems you pointed. These will not be included for sure as we mainly focused on VPM tables and not original ones. But I agree that at least one solution will be needed.

- Regarding the C# scope, it is based on Mono (not ".net") and the system can now only compile one script on startup. I am not sure that this can be used for the above point... 

I am sure that this will be far from what some of you expect, more than some others expect, but this will help us going in the "good" direction with development.

Cheers,

BilboX

Edited by BilboX, 07 December 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

Continue helping us at donate@unit3dpinball.net

#1179 louizou

louizou

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BlackKnight2k T2 Twilight Zone

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Eh Eh ! Bilbox !

You forgot to mention that LED Wiz support won't be available in the demo release as DOF integration is not currently possible .

Sorry about that Slydog, but don't worry , a solution will be found  as soon as possible.

Edited by louizou, 07 December 2013 - 11:08 AM.

uplogomini.png

Continue helping us at donate@unit3dpinball.net

#1180 promise2die4

promise2die4

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Junkyard, Medievel Madness, Attack and Revenge from Mars

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

indeed leave the headtracking, its pretty enouying in my opinion, cause in futurepinball sometimes the whole program crash :S

anyway,....

the physics tuners is a really good idea, so we can tune and play/test it.. and no more writing xml and scripts.

Tnx mates..