Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

well,

my 15 years son (pseudo ADUKE) got the virus pinball since few years now...
following my steps, he naturally also uses VP & FP

i than explained him few basics things, he search himself for others, and simply try to understand how all this goes by studying "your" tables...

all that said, he started LOTR & NBA for FP, but get stucked now
i'm really not interested myself to work on these...
and to simply avoid loss of houres of work, here're these WIP, if someone can continue the job, feel free to go for it !

the only things im asking in that case is that you pay him tribute (at this age, we all know how this could be important)

tanx in advance for reading
and for those who will try to go further, good luck/job !

http://ti1ca.com/3m7...tables.rar.html

++ RipleYYY & ADuke

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#2 Rawd

Rawd

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 4,311 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Your son did a great job on these so far! I really think that he should stick with it, and finish the NBA table.

#3 pakitt1

pakitt1

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 92 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: bram stoker dracula

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Rawd @ Jan 1 2011, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your son did a great job on these so far! I really think that he should stick with it, and finish the NBA table.

I AGREE !!!!!!!
Posted Image

It will make you an offer you can't refuse

#4 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

tanx for him wink.gif

but he can't
thats the reason of this post...

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#5 Rawd

Rawd

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 4,311 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (RipleYYY @ Jan 1 2011, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tanx for him wink.gif

but he can't
thats the reason of this post...

You said he got stuck.

Maybe someone here could help him out a bit? To me, it looks like the table just needs some finishing touches and scripting.

#6 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

indeed... lot its done, and lot is still to do

but as we are "french speaking", this would be a prob to go further and try to work with somebody else on that project (even if it will be a good exercice to improve his -very basic- english, i'm sure that's a real prob when speakind about technical probs and table building/scripting)

also the fact that in "schole time", i dont let him use his computer, only the WE and the wednesday

and than, we're back at the begining, the WIP are there for free upgrade...

#7 TheNalex

TheNalex

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 115 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (RipleYYY @ Jan 2 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
indeed... lot its done, and lot is still to do

but as we are "french speaking", this would be a prob to go further and try to work with somebody else on that project (even if it will be a good exercice to improve his -very basic- english, i'm sure that's a real prob when speakind about technical probs and table building/scripting)

also the fact that in "schole time", i dont let him use his computer, only the WE and the wednesday

and than, we're back at the begining, the WIP are there for free upgrade...

Is it ok if I upload them on FPRelease with a WIP status and some explanations for those that want to download and continue the project?
Can I do the same on gopinball?
Webmaster of FPRelease

#8 The Trout

The Trout

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Who Dunnit

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

Over at GoPinball, they actually encourage people posting half-finished tables that need to be finished. I'd throw the tables up over there and see if anyone wants to polish them off for you.
Mary Elizabeth's Sock
It's About A Girl. And Crime. But Mostly About A Girl.

#9 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

oui c'est OK bien sur
yes you can wink.gif

with same "wish" than here of course, as my son remain named for the initial WIP...

#10 Joe

Joe

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,336 posts

• Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

TO bad FP can't use roms as the tables look good.

#11 The Trout

The Trout

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Who Dunnit

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Roms aren't the biggest issue. There's a ton of DMD games in progress over there - they just have to program the entire game by hand, using ripped graphics and sound, instead of linking into a rom file.
Mary Elizabeth's Sock
It's About A Girl. And Crime. But Mostly About A Girl.

#12 TheNalex

TheNalex

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

And what's preferable : having a game fun to play but not exactly as the original or no game at all...
Webmaster of FPRelease

#13 TheNalex

TheNalex

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

RipleYYY : table available at FPRelease for download with your full post as explanation. Does your son speak french?
Webmaster of FPRelease

#14 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

tout à fait... smile.gif