Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

A table based on the original Terminator film. Prepare for battle and face The Terminator in the ultimate showdown!

The Terminator:
An original table by Matthew Marino and John Krukowski based on the 1984 James Cameron film.

WARNING: This game contains strong language (quotes from the film). If you wish to play a clean version, open the script and do a find and replace (Control + H). Search for “RatedR” and replace all with “RatedG”. Do not include the quotation marks. If you wish to switch back to the original version, search for “RatedG” and replace with “RatedR”.

Prologue:

LOS ANGELES 2029 A.D.

THE MACHINES ROSE FROM THE ASHES OF THE NUCLEAR FIRE.

THEIR WAR TO EXTERMINATE MANKIND HAS RAGED FOR DECADES,

BUT THE FINAL BATTLE WOULD NOT BE FOUGHT IN THE FUTURE.

IT WOULD BE FOUGHT HERE, IN OUR PRESENT.

TONIGHT...

LOS ANGELES 1984 1:52 a.m.

Objective:

You play as Sergeant Kyle Reese, sent back from the future to protect Sarah Connor against a deadly cyborg who could change the fate of humanity: Cyberdyne Systems Series 800, Model 101 Terminator (T-800). The goal of the game is to prepare for battle and face the Terminator in the ultimate showdown. Begin the game by launching Sergeant Kyle Reese through the Time Displacement Equipment with the plunger.

Playfield Features:

Police Station Door:
Break down police station door to access the event lock. The first time you enter, multiball is triggered. The second time, you will face the Terminator in the mini playfield in the upper left of the table (see below for details). After the battle, the lock event continues to alternate between multiball and the Terminator Battle.

Terminator Battle:
Launch mini pinballs at the Terminator Target. The strength of the Terminator, number of balls and strength of each ball is determined by the number of ramps and targets hit. You must drop 5 Terminator targets before you are victorious. When the Terminator is defeated, all of your power-up levels are reset and you must prepare for another battle. The score you achieve is increased each time you defeat the Terminator. If you lose to the T-800, you will continue to power up before facing him again.

T-8-0-0:
Light up all 4 of these lights to decrease the Terminators strength during the Terminator Battle.

C-O-N-N-O-R & R-E-E-S-E:
Drop these targets to increase health (number of balls in the Terminator battle)

Ramps and Point Multipliers:
Hit the ramps to upgrade your weapon and vehicle level. These increase your attack power during the Terminator Battle. If you reach the maximum level on either ramp, the 2X score multiplier will take effect. If both ramps are maxed out, the 3X score multiplier is then activated. These multipliers will stay active for the duration of the game and do not reset after defeating the Terminator. Activate these early for maximum points.

Tech-Noir:
Enter the Tech-Noir for a random event. This includes a variety of point bonuses, turning on the kickbacks (if they are off), turning on the safeties at the bottom and sides of the table, a truck-attack mini-game and an extra ball.

Extra Ball:
In addition to occasionally getting an extra ball in the Tech-Noir, extra ball will be lit at 10 million, 25 million, 50 million, 100 million, 250 million, 500 million, 1 billion, 10 billion, 25 billion, 50 billion, etc. points.

Notes:
-This table was designed for use with Visual Pinball 9.1.1.
-The recommended resolution is 1440x1080 (4x3 on a 1080p display). The fonts may not line up.  Adjust if necessary.

Click here to download this file

Edited by DarthMarino, 11 June 2015 - 03:30 AM.

#2 Rawd

Rawd

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 4,311 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Nice work man! I like the layout, sounds, gameplay. I feel it could use a physics update though as the ball feels quite 'floaty' in my opinion.

#3 faralos

faralos

VPF Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated

• Trophies:

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Wow! 50 billion points! what does the scoring go up too anyhow?
very cool concept and nice table layout too!
about time we got another original builder (we gotta' stick together)
who will put out some nice tables
have not played it yet so can't comment on the 'floaty' ball
but that should be easily resolved with a table slope adjustment or two
again it's a great looking pin cool.gif
"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs

#4 DarthMarino

DarthMarino

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I wasn't sure how high to go on the scoring but I figured it was better to be safe than sorry. I doubt anyone will get 50 billion but if they do, they certainly deserve an extra ball. Getting in the billions is possible with a great game so I just made the scoring 12 places.

We did actually have a discussion about how our table seemed a bit slower than the others but I just left everything default as far as table sloping, etc. I have downloaded other tables where I had to lower the angle because it just seemed ridiculously difficult. We'll probably raise it a little and add a little power to the flippers. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Edited by DarthMarino, 12 April 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#5 WWE

WWE

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Williams Indiana Jones,T2 Judgment Day,Teenage Mutanten Ninja Turtles,WWE Royal Rumble Flipper,Medieval Madness, Metallica, AC/DC, Spiderman WWE Wrestlemania for Stern, Batman 66, Pirates of the Caribbean,Monsterbush,

• PS3 Gamer Tag: PS4 Weekend

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Danke dir für diesen Terminator Tisch otvclap.gif

Sven

30041117ij.jpg

#6 T-800

T-800

All-In

• Silver Supporter
  • 417 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Wrath of Olympus

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Love the theme! Now there's 3 terminator pinball machines - woo-hoo! Haven't had a chance to look at the table yet, but any ideas on releasing a FS version?
ps. really like the T-800 endoskeleton skull on the right side background.

#7 Neo

Neo

Silverball Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

• PS3 Gamer Tag: AppleJack052570
  • 360 Gamer Tag: MCHachiRoku

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Very nice work.

Terminator's always been a good pinball theme...this has a nice layout and I like the sound.

Good to see another original builder out there.

Take Care

-Neo
VPX Tables Completed: Hextech 1.2, Crazy Cats Demo Derby 1.1; Zone Fury VPX 1.0
"Some say his tears are adhesive, and that the dark outline around his nipple matches the Nurburgring...All we know is he's not the Stig, but rather, the Stig's pinball-playing cousin."

#8 DarthMarino

DarthMarino

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (T-800 @ Apr 12 2012, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any ideas on releasing a FS version?

I have thought about it but I don't have a full screen set up so I don't really know what to do. I would certainly be open to the idea. I would assume most of the table would translate just fine except the "toys". I had a hard enough time getting the right vehicles at the current angle. These obviously don't effect the gameplay so it's likely not a big deal.

#9 bil

bil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: URBAN CHAOS

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Nice work ! rolleyes.gif
Thank you

#10 Alstom1995

Alstom1995

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Aliens Legacy

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

What is it you're supposed to do during the truck battle mini game?

#11 DarthMarino

DarthMarino

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Alstom1995 @ Jun 16 2012, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hit the 4 Targets before time runs out.

#12 Alstom1995

Alstom1995

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (DarthMarino @ Jun 19 2012, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Alstom1995 @ Jun 16 2012, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hit the 4 Targets before time runs out.

It's ok I figured it out lol, great table btw the physics are a bit naff but I find this table really addictive. smile.gif
Were you planning on doing an update or even a future pinball version?

Edited by Alstom1995, 21 June 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#13 s1500

s1500

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Fun House

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I like it. It has depth to it, and actual references from the movie.I didn't play it with the music files installed, but I still enjoyed it. The mini-game is innovative.

#14 Alstom1995

Alstom1995

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (s1500 @ Jun 21 2012, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like it. It has depth to it, and actual references from the movie.I didn't play it with the music files installed, but I still enjoyed it. The mini-game is innovative.

Yes it is, you're missing out with the music files not installed wink.gif

#15 DarthMarino

DarthMarino

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Alstom1995 @ Jun 21 2012, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were you planning on doing an update or even a future pinball version?

I haven't play around too much with Future Pinball so I wouldn't even know where to start on that. This is my first table and I'm certainly no expert builder like some of the people around here. I do plan on making an update at some point though I was waiting to hear some more feedback to make it worthwhile. Unfortunately, you don't get much in the original table section sad.gif . I do appreciate those who have responded. For the physics, I have added a slight angle but I'm not really sure what to do beyond that. The table was basically made on the default settings with a few small changes in certain areas.

We are about 3/4 of the way through our second table (another movie themed original) though I haven't even touched it in a while When I get motivated I'll finish it off.

#16 FDSystems

FDSystems

Eclectic end-user

• Charter Member
  • 2,476 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

What are you waiting for ?

You have till midnight. dblthumb.gif otvclap.gif
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd

#17 Alstom1995

Alstom1995

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Well the bumpers are a bit too bouncy imo so that's one thing, and it makes hitting the t800 quite impossible at times. The flippers are mostly ok except the angles are a bit off. For example when you aim the ball at the tip on the right flipper you should in theory hit that left ramp every time but the angle is off. The same goes for the left flipper, you should make it so that the 3 points on the flipper hit the correct angle, if that makes sense? lol

One other thing I think you should change what happens when you tilt, I think having to start all over again after tilting is a bit irregular to say the least. But if you are trying to keep with the film and imply that if you tilt you are dead then fair enough. Also I may have a few old gun sound effects and I have the mono soundtrack of the film if you wanted a sample of any more of the effects?

#18 DarthMarino

DarthMarino

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:17 PM

I have finally updated it......only 3 years later!

#19 jawdax

jawdax

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: Addams family, T2, Fish tales, Bride of pinbot, Black Rose

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Jawdax

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:33 AM

Ohh yeah. Upload please

#20 DarthMarino

DarthMarino

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:39 AM

Ohh yeah. Upload please

It's uploaded.  Just get version 1.0.1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terminator, T1, T2, Arnold, Schwarzeneggar, Terminator 2