Macro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

you need to have the fp-end.txt file in the folder with it, then it displays that when you exit (default is blank screen)

#222 manbo

manbo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: addams family

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

hi all, 

maybe i don't read it, but.. 

it it possible, to display alphanumeric's on my real DMD? or is it just for the real DMD Flippers possible?

Greetz

manbo

My Cab: http://www.crypton.de

Arcade: Mame-Cab Horizontal mit Hantarex, Mame-Cab Vertikal mit Hantarex, Tankstick 
Pinball: Gottlieb Virtual Pinball Cab 40"/27"/Real DMD i5 3450 3,1Ghz, Intel 128 SSD HD, Nvidia 560TI

#223 Macro

Macro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

It will only do DMD displays, however that doesn't stop you from writing some code that will show an alphanumeric display on a DMD and adding it to the program.

I've written something that does this, but still work in progress - hopefully bung out some code that will make it easier to add in to other tables. (depends how many of the possible effects that they use, I have the main ones done, but need a few more before I am happy with it)

#224 manbo

manbo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: addams family

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Ok, Thanks for the Info Marco Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Edited by manbo, 24 March 2013 - 06:21 AM.

My Cab: http://www.crypton.de

Arcade: Mame-Cab Horizontal mit Hantarex, Mame-Cab Vertikal mit Hantarex, Tankstick 
Pinball: Gottlieb Virtual Pinball Cab 40"/27"/Real DMD i5 3450 3,1Ghz, Intel 128 SSD HD, Nvidia 560TI

#225 shinobisan

shinobisan

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Flag: South Africa

• Favorite Pinball: Medievel Madness

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

I hope a com can be available so we can use it in VB.

Edited by shinobisan, 27 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#226 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I think this may be able to help us non-dmd users as well. Long/short story is I have a 3 monitor cab set up but with an unsolved number of win7-fp-nvidia driver conflicts I can't run a fp backglass without causing unplayable artifacts on the playfield in future pinball. If this method can take the huddmd data with the fp backglass off and display it on the third monitor screen in a sizable window like vp uses, I could run all three displays. Backglass can be handled by a by Uvp or some other bg server (already doing that). I don't know if you have considered this 3rd monitor possibility? I am eagerly awaiting a code release because I think I could use what you have made to make this happen. Great job Macro!

#227 aupton

aupton

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 21 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Fun House

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Ritek
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Ritek

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I too would love to see a non-DMD / 3RD screen version of the .DLL's released. I purchased a PinDMD2 board, but unfortunatelly due to some recent unexpected bills I have to put buying a real DMD off for a little while. Being able to use my existing 3 screen setup with FP as i do with VP would be absolutely amazing! I can't afford to burn $500 on a DMD right now, but would be willing to donate $25 towards the cause. I'm sure a few others would be willing to donate too.

#228 bob808

bob808

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Big Guns

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Oh this is awesome!  Hello guys-  My first post on these forums.  I am dying to build a video pinball cabinet but I'm new and still figuring how to get everything to work.  So far future pinball seems a piece of cake except for the black screen that I get on exit( have to ctrl-alt-delete to clear it, using 2 screens in arcade mode btw).  Finally getting hyperpin to work with the animated backglass and table images (I am encountering some bugs with displaying instruction cards and exiting from pause menu with fplaunch 1.95 wip 10 (I think that's what it was named). At first, I couldn't get it to work but I was using win8 and I thing that may have been the issue.  Much better results with win7.  Have yet to get a virtual pinball table to load....   Haven't tried to hard though.

Anyway, being able to use a dmd display with future pinball  is great news!  You guys that do the leg-work making all these cool things possible really deserve much thanks and praise!

@russ,   Are you still selling ver2 of your creation or is it better to buy from the site that was linked previously in this thread. 

Also can you guys recommend which type of dmd to buy and some reputable sites to shop from?  Whats the average cost of a nice dmd?

Thanks!

#229 Gamester

Gamester

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Favorite Pinball: .

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

I can't afford to burn $500 on a DMD right now, but would be willing to donate $25 towards the cause.

Not sure where you've been shopping for DMDs, but they can be had for about HALF that price...

One example: http://xpinpinball.c...lays/XP-DMD4096

#230 gbeef

gbeef

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: adams

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm having a lag issue. I'm running fp 2.5. And my dmdseems to be like 5 secs delay. And the animations are single frames. At 5 second intervals.

Vp on the other hand runs smooth.
I get the same result with pindmd 1 and 2. I own both.

#231 Zablon

Zablon

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

That's odd....you see that on all FP tables? Did it used to work fine? Do you have 2.4 or older to see if it acts differently?

#232 gbeef

gbeef

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: adams

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

This is whats happening even in 2.4 any help would be great, this is happening on all the games, in future

Edited by gbeef, 20 April 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#233 Macro

Macro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

have you got 'vertical sync' ticked in the video options in FP

the plug in makes no attempt to keep the number of frames sent to the DMD down, if you have FP changing the DMD more frequently, then it will attempt to send every frame and will try and send too many, and then slowdown since it's waiting for USB to catch up.

that is about the only thing I can think of that may give that effect

#234 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

It's way to early to say anything but hey, I'm excited. Thanks to Macro's code I have been able to write and run the first couple hours of tests on a "virtual dmd" or the "Future DMD" :db: on my cabinet. It won't be finished for a while yet and I will need to clean up my raw coding butchery before I release anything,  If this is something you can use drop me a quick message so I know I'm not the only person that this helps. Thanks Macro for the help and the building blocks to get started.

#235 Darkmeteor

Darkmeteor

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Pinball Dreams

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

That's awesome, can't wait for the Virtual Future DMD, pretty sure we're a lot who are using small USB screens instead of actual DMD !

#236 Ace of spades pinbal

Ace of spades pinbal

AceOfSpadesProduc100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

• Favorite Pinball: ?

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

nice work :)

I really should send a email to the fp author and ask if he wants to add some sort of pinDMD plugin to his code so it can talk to the board direct.

Email him [email protected] or [email protected]

Look up FP on http://en.wikipedia....Pinball#history

#237 Hos_Nos

Hos_Nos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Haunted House

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Just a quick question that someone may have already posted.  Is there a performance hit or increase when switching from a 3rd monitor and vid card to PinDMD2 and DMD Display?

I am getting ready to ditch my 3rd monitor

Thanks!

Jamie

#238 dyopp21

dyopp21

Pinball Badass

• Platinum Supporter
  • 503 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

• PS3 Gamer Tag: dyopp21

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Great job on this!  Following.

Virtual Pinball: see one, do one, TEACH ONE.

2qszd43.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pindmd