#1 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:05 PM

Is there a way to tell DOFLinx to set the undercab lights per table?

I was thinking some of the tables do not have MX undercab support, but what if I could tell DOFLinx to turn on the lights to a certain color for that table...

Like in Future Pinball, the version of Indiana Jones I have does not utilize the undercab lights...I'd love to turn them on for it...

Or some default lighting for another emulator like Pinball Wicked or something...

Thank you!!

#2 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,020 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:24 PM

RGB_OUTPUT= defines the device / port(s) that are run as RGB output devices, normally undercab lighting.  The answer is ultimately, yes.  What emulator are we talking about here as the methods will be slightly differnent.

By default if you define RGB_OUTPUT= you will get undercab lighting.  For FX2/3 it will be one of the colours in the current COLOUR_PALETTE, you can control how often and what triggers the change, you can also set it to FIXED, so setting one colour for the table.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#3 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:40 PM

I’m thinking for Future Pinball (but not One which have it going on), FX3, FX2, Zaccaria,pinball Wicked...

oretty much everything!! ;-)

I figure why not use them since I have them

#4 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:15 PM

I'd have to try this, but from reading the manual it seems I can do:

GAME_COLOUR=Plants VS. Zombies,Lime,Green,Yellow,Gold,Lawn_Green,Chart_Reuse,Green_Yellow, Forect_Green,Dark_Green,Yellow_Green,Light_Green

This should work for anything that has GAME_NAME defined during launch...correct?

So theoretically I could call DOFLinxMsg with GAME_NAME=PINBALLWICKED in my launch script and then add something like this to my doflinxini:

GAME_COLOUR=PINBALLWICKED,Lime,Green,Yellow,Gold,Lawn_Green,Chart_Reuse,Green_Yellow, Forect_Green,Dark_Green,Yellow_Green,Light_Green

Likewise I could do it for Zaccaria or anything else as long as I send the message of GAME_NAME= and it matches the GAME_COLOUR=...

And I should be able to add multiple lines for GAME_COLOUR in the file for each emulator and/or GAME_NAME

Does that seem right?  Thanks again!

Edited by scampa123, 02 February 2021 - 11:17 PM.

#5 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:46 PM

OK, so .....

FP - this would be done in the script for the table, see the FF_Colour command

FX2 - GAME_COLOUR= in the DOFLinx.INI will define the restricted colour palette for that game (if the line is not there for a specific game then the entire palette is used).  You then just need RGB_OUTPUT=  The way this works is then determined by RGB_STYLE, RGB_TRIGGER, and RGB_MIN_TIME - see the guide for more

FX3 - Work the same as above for FX2, but now has the COLOUR_PALETTE= line at the top of the individual FX3 file

Another emulator not customised within DOFLinx, ie Pinball Wicked, Add the process name to the PROCESSES= line and use a supplementary INI file or commands (DOFLinxMsg) to set your RGB undercab as a an RGB enabled button, then set the button as BUTTONS_LIT= then use LIGHT_BUTTONS_NOW to turn on the output

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#6 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 12:08 AM

lol okay that will take me a bit to fully understand. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

#7 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 12:17 AM

lol okay that will take me a bit to fully understand. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

All good.  I'd suggest one at a time.  My suggested order in growing complexity is FX3, FX2, Pinball Wicked, FP

Happy to help as you journey through the guide and trying some things  :twiddling:

DOFLinx

#8 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:27 AM

I’m reading Terry’s guide on DOFLinx effects...

Do you run DOFlinx as admin? Is that preferred?  I do not today and don’t think I’ve had any issues

maybe the tutorial is dated as I thought nothing should be run as admin anymore 

Edited by scampa123, 03 February 2021 - 01:40 AM.

#9 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:00 AM

I’m reading Terry’s guide on DOFLinx effects...

Do you run DOFlinx as admin? Is that preferred?  I do not today and don’t think I’ve had any issues

maybe the tutorial is dated as I thought nothing should be run as admin anymore 

See page 2 of the DOFLinx Guide

#10 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 02:26 AM

Okay so no need since v7 unless an emulator runs as admin...which for me is no.

thx!  The tutorial must predate v7

#11 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:39 AM

Should FX3 have under cab lighting already when using the B2s and the FX3 files for DOFLinx, or is that not implemented in those files?

I'm wondering if its working correctly...I mean my solenoids and shaker and all work..jsut wondering if lights should be doing something and I never asked!

Thank you!

#12 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 04:45 AM

Undercab lighting for FX2/3 is controlled from DOFLinx and its main INI file.  Its not related to the B2S backglass or the FX3 file.

First thig to check is your DOFLinx.INI file, do you have RGB_OUTPUT= defined to your undercab port(s) ?  If you do, and its not working, check the other associated parameters as per the guide RGB_STYLE, RGB_TRIGGER and RGB_MIN_TIME.  

DOFLinx

#13 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:18 PM

Thank you @DDH69, I've added below however I think think that DOFLinx is not finding my Teensy.  If it is, I cannot figure out the port

######FX3/FX2 RGB for Undercab###############
RGB_OUTPUT=310,313
RGB_STYLE=RANDOM
RGB_TRIGGER=FIXED

I tried running in debug mode and using the tester: Test RGB/Flasher and it only allows me to cycle through 4 device numbers...I tried them all.
My RED Ports from the DOF Config tool are 10 and 13...As per above I assumed Device 3 since I know (based on my other toys) that Device 1 is a Pinscape and Device 2 is another Pinscape.  I have the MX lights running from a Teensy, defined in the DOF Config tool.

How can I determine the port that DOF/DOFLinx would/should see the device on? In DOF Config tool its WS2811 1...

Thanks again!  

Edited by scampa123, 06 February 2021 - 12:25 PM.

#14 scampa123

scampa123

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 05:00 PM

@DDH69 I have a few threads going now.  @outhere found a typo in my config and now I see the Teensy called out in the log however it does not say what device number it is...

this presents a problem with RGB_OUTPUT as I need the device number then the ports fir my Red led in DOF Config

How do I determine the Teensy device if to be used in the ini file?

Thanks again

#15 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 04:53 AM

@DDH69 I have a few threads going now.  @outhere found a typo in my config and now I see the Teensy called out in the log however it does not say what device number it is...

this presents a problem with RGB_OUTPUT as I need the device number then the ports fir my Red led in DOF Config

How do I determine the Teensy device if to be used in the ini file?

Thanks again

I think we've discover my confusion for the issue in the other thread  :hmm:

DOFLinx