• 173 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

File Name: B2S Backglass Server

File Submitter: jarr3

File Submitted: 24 Dec 2016

File Category: Frontends and Addons

System files to run 'directB2S' backglasses, usually in combination with Visual Pinball tables.

What Stefan Wuehr ('Herweh') started in 2012 continues here.

For beta releases and full change log check the github repo https://github.com/v...l/b2s-backglass 

For installation, examples and explanation of the new features check the new wiki here https://github.com/v...-backglass/wiki

Please do not forget to like and review..., what is important for content creators (tables, backglasses, DMD colorization?)...
... is as important for us writing the tool-set

For the download of the "B2S Backglass Designer" to customize already existing or create new directB2S backglasses please click here.

Click here to download this file

#2 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

Toxie is this some sort of update or what?

* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

#3 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,908 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

What's New in Version 1.3.0.2 (See full changelog)

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#4 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

Yup.. Its a minor update, just important if you want to use the new 2.8 features..

#5 tttttwii

tttttwii

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 300 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:26 PM

Are you planning to integrate dB2S into VPX or improve performance concerning the B2S server?

Edited by tttttwii, 26 December 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#6 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:58 PM

The long term plan is to 'just' extend the existing backdrop functionality of VPX so that it can display on a second screen.

And if we're lucky we would also be able to import a B2S file, so that existing work could be reused. But i have no clue at all about the last part yet.

#7 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

not sure if I messed up with my install, but my  backglass is showing 1.3.0.1 in version when I right click on the backglass.  Does anyone else show a 1.3.0.2??

#8 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

i did not update the version number i guess..  :/

#9 wrd1972

wrd1972

Authoring Padawan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,230 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

I just did a clean install of the official 10.2 release. Now B2s server is frigged up and backglass does not appear on 2nd monitor..

I cant get "b2sbackglassserver.exe" to copy into my tables folder for nothing. I have unblocked it and disabled antivirus and everything. Keeps saying I need permissions to copy. Tried on a second PC as well.

Maybe someone can send me the file with the security removed.

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.

#10 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

I've had this happen to me with files in the past... I think what I did is make a copy of the file and try moving the copy

#11 Jannek42

Jannek42

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

• Favorite Pinball: STTNG, Medieval Madness, CFTBL

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I´m getting a virus warning from F-Secure when trying to download the file (Gen:Variant.Barys.50953).

Anybody else getting warnings?

Kind regards,

Jannek

#12 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 4,970 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

I think, thats based on the Connection what B2S use.

#13 Jannek42

Jannek42

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

• Favorite Pinball: STTNG, Medieval Madness, CFTBL

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

But the warning just pops up regarding ver. 1.3.0.2.

The former version (1.3.0.1) is without any warning. Are there connection differences between those two versions?

#14 Westworld

Westworld

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Kiss

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

Bad luck, the build might just has a similar hash code as a real virus.

If you want to be sure there is no hidden virus, download the server source (https://sourceforge..../b2s-backglass/), MS Visual Studio 2015 community (free from Microsoft.com), install, double click the project from the source, select "Build Project" and use your own build. 

#15 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 4,970 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Another Quick Check: https://www.virustotal.com/de/

English: https://www.virustotal.com/en/

Edited by STAT, 05 January 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#16 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,908 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

It's all about control.

Soon you won't be able to load your own program on your computer. (Just like Apple Computers have no disc drives, and any program you want to run on your Apple computer, you have to buy from there approved Apple App store.

Anti-Virus should be called "Anti-Freedom" .

Why does an Anti-Virus need to update daily? Are there really that many viruses coming out daily? Really?? Or is it a way to control what people can download and run on there computer? I don't want some hokey pokey virus company telling me what I can and can't run on my own damn computer.

Even Windows Update includes this little program called Windows Defender. Even if you don't want Windows Defender, it is going to update on your computer, and decide which programs it deems "Safe, and not illegal." What if they deem using ROMS is illegal? Then the next Virus update includes something that blocks you from running, downloading, or even looking at ROMs. is it illegal? If it's not being bought at there pre-approved sites, they deem it unsafe? And Block you? WTF?

I believe Microsoft will follow the same path as Apple and stop making computers with Disc Drives, and anything that isn't bought at there store, will not be able to run on said computer. (Try running an emulator on a newer Apple computer, or try installing a non approved program that wasnt bought at Apple Store.)

Also look at Windows Updates.

Does Windows really need to update DAILY? Are there so many flaws that it needs to update DAILY?

Or is it a means of which they can add programs to there list of "Unsafe" or what they deem "illegal"?

I can see emulation disappearing in the near future. (Your Computer won't be allowed to run it.)

Could just be I am a paranoid schitzophrenic. OR AM I?

Keep on Pinballin'

#17 ta2686

ta2686

Retired ROM Settings Guru

• VIP
  • 2,324 posts

• Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!

Contributor

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Why does an Anti-Virus need to update daily? Are there really that many viruses coming out daily? Really?? Or is it a way to control what people can download and run on there computer?

Not that viruses come out daily, but they are discovered or reported daily and the patches to prevent these viruses infecting your computer are sent when they become available. 

Also, Windows Update runs daily as Microsoft tends to send out their patches at any time for their OS (whichever ones they need to patch a vunerability to - be it Windows 7. 8, 8.1 or 10)

Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#18 JSpradlin

JSpradlin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Can I request a feature be added to the server/designer that would allow the ability for some sort of "About" dialog box or something similar where information can be stored about the author and version of the directb2s? With tables having multiple backglasses available it would be nice to be able to tell which one was currently installed in case I'm having trouble with one or there are newer versions available. I know this the server is open source, not sure about the designer though. 

Edited by JSpradlin, 10 April 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#19 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,908 posts

Contributor

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

If you use the dB2S backglass designer, you can click file tab and click import dB2S Backglass. Then after you have imported the dB2S Backglass, click the file tab again and right above where you clicked "Import dB2S Backglass", you will see "Settings", click it. You will find the Authors name and other info.

You could also rename your tables to include dB2S Backglass name of author and version number.

If you have 3 different backglasses and want to use them all, just make copies of table in question, and rename them to have Backglass author and version at end of file name.

So in theory you could have same table with 3 different dB2S backglasses.

For instance,

Say STAT made a dB2S backglass you like.

You could add "BG STAT v1.1" to end of table name, and then make sure backglass has same name.

Easy way to keep track of version numbers and authors of backglasses.

Hope this helps you Sir.

#20 JSpradlin

JSpradlin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

@xenonph I went the renaming route at one point, but it became a headache. I still include the table authors name in the table name, but not the B2S author. I figured if VPX could give me table info that it may not be too difficult to add a similar feature to B2S. If so not a huge deal, just thought it would make quick checks of the BG easier.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Backglass, directB2S, Backglass Server, B2S