PixelOz

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Future Pinball

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:23 AM

Hey guys, I wrote a small PDF tutorial that explains how to set Future Pinball up correctly that says how to avoid many of the problems that one can find when installing for the first time particularly in Windows Vista and Windows 7.

It covers a few things like avoiding ball stuttering, some of the known issues with graphic drivers, the famous Load Image into Table Editor bug, the Esc key bug, the starting keys not working bug, etc.

You can download it at the same places where you can download my other free things:

http://pixeloz.deviantart.com/

And also:

http://www.mediafire...8eada0a1ae8665a

You may check it to tell me what you think of it. If it has any mayor omission or error please tell it to me and I will publish an updated version with the corrections quickly.

I wrote it cause I remember that I spent many, many hours (if not a couple of days) to set FP to work correctly in my new PC and I think that it may help newbies to avoid all that hassle.

Edited by PixelOz, 13 July 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#2 hgpinball

hgpinball

Pinball Fan

• VPF Staff
  • 721 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: my Firepower! ...and my Pin*Bot!

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Hi PixelOz,

thanks for this FP tutorial. It holds a lot of vital settings information that was spread over different topics until now.
May I add one thing: setting Vertical Sync to "on" adds a noticeable lag to the flippers' response to the Shift keys (at least on my system: Core2Duo E8600@3.3GHz, ATI 4850/10.3 drvr). I only enable it for FP tables that have the problem that some targets (rollovers, bumpers etc.) count multiple times when they are only hit once.
-= H31!\!Z =-

in play: -= Firepower =- -= Pin*Bot =-

#3 PixelOz

PixelOz

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Future Pinball

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

I already Updated it. It is version 1-1 now. I modified the text and there is a paragraph in the tutorial that talks about the problem so people can be aware that there could be a trade-off. A couple of paragraphs have been shuffled and there are other small changes to the text related to the update. I didn't notice this on my PC but my new PC is pretty fast so that could explain why I didn't notice. It's too bad, I think that FP needs some optimization cause it is kinda demanding on the hardware.

About the info being spread through different threads is one thing I noticed and I though that it would be a better idea to put it all in one single document like a PDF that is easy to download and keep as a reference cause newbies to Future Pinball could spend a lot of time searching the forum to find the info, it is there or mostly there but it would take them a while to get to it and assimilate it and this could make their job easier.

It could help those that do not have the patience that some of us have to get all the right settings info to have the least trouble with the software cause it isn't perfect (I hope that the flipper problem is fixed cause the stuttering ball is also very annoying for a lot of people) but it is very enjoyable for the most part once it is setup correctly.

See what you think of it and if there is any other problem I'll make improvements. smile.gif

Edited by PixelOz, 14 July 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#4 Deep Stuff

Deep Stuff

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Wallace & Gromit

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

Very well done guide. Thanks PixelOz for taking the time to do this.

#5 kaw12

kaw12

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Favorite Pinball: scooby doo

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

great job! thanks makes exploring the settings a little bit easier for me. now on to more questions!!

#6 bullrees

bullrees

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: kiss

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

PixelOz thanks for the Tut. I had everything working fine on Win 7 64 bit but then started to play with the settings and borked it up. Your tutorial helped me figure out how to get FP working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users