• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HiRez00

HiRez00

VPX / Pinball Contributor

• Silver Supporter
  • 378 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to list here ...

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:50 AM

Greetings all.

I've been putting together the components for my pinball cabinet  for the past few weeks now ...

I've been contemplating different approaches as to how to mount the playfield monitor with some sort of hinge mech but couldn't really find any good photos.

Then I remembered I know and am friends with the owner of a pinball restoration / dealer place called Vintage Arcades in California, only 25 minutes away from me

So today (Saturday) I went to visit his shop to get some ideas, play some games and take lots of photos!!!

I put together a lightbox page (see below) with all the photos I took of every active working pinballs, rare vintage pinballs, pinballs in storage or being worked on, and a warehouse of many decades of parts, games, playfields (in storage) and everything.

I tried to take photos of the insides of several games to see how the playfield hinge mechanism works on older and newer cabs. Its not easy to see in some of the photos, but I was able to get some "ideas".

I was there over 6 hours and talked to a half dozen pinball technicians about the inner workings of decades of machines. Not only did I learn alot, I had a lot of fun, too.

Click on the photo below to open the lightbox page.

Edited by HiRez00, 17 June 2018 - 03:39 AM.

-HiRez00

#2 widget2k13

widget2k13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: terminator

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

thanks for going to all that trouble to help people out mate that was very kind of you i have to say, its certainly helped me out as i've been wondering how to fit the glass on the front of my backbox and now i know :)   :otvclap:

#3 Jaggy

Jaggy

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 16 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness and AFM

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

Hi HiRez00,

the link seems to be gone. Can you pls put it back in ?

rgds

Jaggy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vintage, Arcade, Pinball, Photos