Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: dead hunter

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hello,

just tried to make it work in my cabinet, but still no luck...

i don't understand why .. when i configure my screens with the pubdisplay exe, i see the demonstration video on my backglass, same fo the topper or dmd. i set up the 3 on popup display, (tried default option, directx, direct 3D..) but when i launch a table no video popup at all anywhere (windowed mode or full screen ). i see the pupplayer et pupdisplay in my taskbar with the vp10 exe , i can play but without video..

i tried without a backglass but no more luck..

I tried the exe in administrator mode, without administrator mode... 

the only thing i see is that i forgot to lauch the install bat in administrator mode but  i had no error and the configuration window poped up as expected... and now if i launch this again , no reaction.... how can i desinstall this to try to reinstall it in administrator mode ?

Or any other clue ? 

Thanks

#102 Carny_Priest

Carny_Priest

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: EATPM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

Too bad on the support for p2k style cabs. Not a huge deal to re-process the inputs but VLC does have a flip filter, too. Can it not be leveraged?

#103 NailBuster

NailBuster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

Hello,

i don't understand why .. when i configure my screens with the pubdisplay exe, i see the demonstration video on my backglass, same fo the topper or dmd. i set up the 3 on popup display, (tried default option, directx, direct 3D..) but when i launch a table no video popup at all anywhere (windowed mode or full screen ). i see the pupplayer et pupdisplay in my taskbar with the vp10 exe , i can play but without video..

the only thing i see is that i forgot to lauch the install bat in administrator mode but  i had no error and the configuration window poped up as expected... and now if i launch this again , no reaction.... how can i desinstall this to try to reinstall it in administrator mode ?

Or any other clue ? 

Thanks

You don't have to really uninstlal or install...the batch file in administration mode is used to 'register' the com-object.  There is a pinupplayertest.exe file in the zip....if you run that and it works then you are all setup.  I know this may seem obvious but did you copy all the video files into the proper folder location?  you should have all the videos like "C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUPPlayer\PUPVideos\Tron_Legacy"   in there you should have a CLU subfolder with 4 mp4 files.

Too bad on the support for p2k style cabs. Not a huge deal to re-process the inputs but VLC does have a flip filter, too. Can it not be leveraged?

the flip filter(or any of VLC video filters) aren't accessible with their interface(dll).  others have asked VLC to support it but nothing.  (also,  video filter would add another 'overhead' to playing cpu/gpu....so best to just re-encode for the 'unique' cases and keep performance to the game) 

#104 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,818 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

so i'm wondering if the format the vidoes were recorded is the issue, so my topper isnt as wide as Terry's setup.

So if he recorded the videos to fit his screen the pinup for the topper isn't scaling the video to fit the cust height and width in the pinup setup.  Terry's is in a wider format.

When i make the screen smaller the zeus is cutoff on the right side, if i make it larger then the video larger than many screen so it's not scaling.

the backglass works as we are both using a 32 " 1920x1080p setup.

this may be an issue as folks topper screens arent universal

Do you have this issue if you try to run this outside of PBX? I'm wondering if your "under" screen is getting changed to a different position / resolution before a table launch...

All of the Topper videos for Tron are actually in 21:9 format to work with the "standard" that has been setup for Topper screens. (1920x822)

In my "video", they were actually converted from the 21:9 size to an even wider format to fit my specific cabinet setup. I cropped the top and bottom to make it fit just right. So what you see in my video and cabinet, is not what everyone will download.

Using Tom's (Pinball X guy) Convert-it! to batch convert all the videos files and retain all the folders,etc in one go is really easy. I used it for converting some videos, like the Topper videos. It's very much my goto program for converting videos really easy.

Edited by TerryRed, 29 November 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#105 Xendo

Xendo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

• Favorite Pinball: MM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

Is there a way to flip Y for people with Pin2k style cabs?

no support for flipping/rotating.  But you can easily use something like ffmpeg and a batch file that can go through all video files in a folder and rotate/flip the output to new video files.

Meh, too much work for little/no pay off. Thanks anyway.

#106 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,818 posts

Contributor

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

no support for flipping/rotating.  But you can easily use something like ffmpeg and a batch file that can go through all video files in a folder and rotate/flip the output to new video files.

Meh, too much work for little/no pay off. Thanks anyway.

Using a program like Convert-it, makes it literally a simple few clicks...and you are done.  Really...its that simple. All videos converted keeping the same folder structure, ready to go.... much less time than it took me to create these videos.  ;)

#107 apayne82

apayne82

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:31 AM

Hello,

Or any other clue ? 

Thanks

You don't have to really uninstlal or install...the batch file in administration mode is used to 'register' the com-object.  There is a pinupplayertest.exe file in the zip....if you run that and it works then you are all setup.  I know this may seem obvious but did you copy all the video files into the proper folder location?  you should have all the videos like "C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUPPlayer\PUPVideos\Tron_Legacy"   in there you should have a CLU subfolder with 4 mp4 files.

the flip filter(or any of VLC video filters) aren't accessible with their interface(dll).  others have asked VLC to support it but nothing.  (also,  video filter would add another 'overhead' to playing cpu/gpu....so best to just re-encode for the 'unique' cases and keep performance to the game) 

I'm having similar issues as khomodo.  Setup seems to go fine, but no player screens appear once the table is launched.

#108 NailBuster

NailBuster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:32 AM

I'm having similar issues as khomodo.  Setup seems to go fine, but no player screens appear once the table is launched.

then I have similar questions....

There is a pinupplayertest.exe file in the zip....if you run that and it works then you are all setup.  I know this may seem obvious but did you copy all the video files into the proper folder location?  you should have all the videos like "C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUPPlayer\PUPVideos\Tron_Legacy"   in there you should have a CLU subfolder with 4 mp4 files.

Also,  do you get the 'startup pinplayer videos' splashing on startup?

if you have both your backglass and topper set to pop-up.... with this tron table you don't get any video playing on launch....  You need to play for a bit and hit stuff to get videos to play.....I'm just throwing every idea out there.....

#109 rablack97

rablack97

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tron Legacy

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:10 AM

so i'm wondering if the format the vidoes were recorded is the issue, so my topper isnt as wide as Terry's setup.

So if he recorded the videos to fit his screen the pinup for the topper isn't scaling the video to fit the cust height and width in the pinup setup.  Terry's is in a wider format.

When i make the screen smaller the zeus is cutoff on the right side, if i make it larger then the video larger than many screen so it's not scaling.

if you go and configure your topper screen.  how does the 'pinupplayer setup' video play in the topper screen?  if you press refresh button does the video 'fit-to-screen' or is it cutoff?  if its good then I don't see how other videos wouldn't fit-to-screen....

Your video plays fine in the setup, but the videos in the game don't.  I notice right before the table starts whenever your splash videos show the videos aren't centered there either, only in the setup.  I'm not sure but something is switching it back to Terry's default resolution for his cab, as the topper video is wide.

Do you have this issue if you try to run this outside of PBX? I'm wondering if your "under" screen is getting changed to a different position / resolution before a table launch...

All of the Topper videos for Tron are actually in 21:9 format to work with the "standard" that has been setup for Topper screens. (1920x822)

In my "video", they were actually converted from the 21:9 size to an even wider format to fit my specific cabinet setup. I cropped the top and bottom to make it fit just right. So what you see in my video and cabinet, is not what everyone will download.

Using Tom's (Pinball X guy) Convert-it! to batch convert all the videos files and retain all the folders,etc in one go is really easy. I used it for converting some videos, like the Topper videos. It's very much my goto program for converting videos really easy.

Im testing outside of PBX currently.

Edited by rablack97, 30 November 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#110 NailBuster

NailBuster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:24 AM

are you running VPX in windowed or exclusive fullscreen?  i'm just guessing but maybe the resolution is changing when table is starting up?  oh.... win7 or 10?

#111 rablack97

rablack97

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

exclusive full screen and win 10

i also tried resizing hte videos to my screen size and still same results.

#112 NailBuster

NailBuster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:29 AM

can you test running vpx in windowed mode just to see if it makes a difference?

#113 rablack97

rablack97

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:52 AM

yep, looks like your prog has to be run in windowed mode, although when i switched to that, the virtual dmd is now showing my playfield.

#114 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,818 posts

Contributor

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:58 AM

yep, looks like your prog has to be run in windowed mode, although when i switched to that, the virtual dmd is now showing my playfield.

Do you have any kind of DPI scaling set at all in windows?  That could cause issues all around. I never use DPI scaling in windows...even in 4K as it tends to cause weird problems with some programs that run in fullscreen, etc... make them stretch,etc...

Everything run as Admin? No blocked DLL files,etc?

#115 rablack97

rablack97

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:15 AM

good grief got it fellas, has to make an adjustment to my dmddevice.ini and the dmd is now gone, and the videos play as expected.

On to see how it loads and acts in PBX now.

#116 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,818 posts

Contributor

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:19 AM

Surprising....as PuP will normally play fine with dmdext and also can play over top of it.

With PBX....make sure you aren't using any PBX "video" Toppers when the table launches as that can cause issues. Still images are fine though.

Edited by TerryRed, 30 November 2017 - 05:20 AM.

#117 rablack97

rablack97

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:35 AM

ok very nice guys, so good news, it does work along with PBX topper videos just fine.

I have a tron HD video that play during table browsing and it continues to play during table play.  My video plays until PUP trigger a video and then goes back to my video seamlessly, so no still image is needed live video can be used as a filler.

#118 memechke8

memechke8

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: STARSHIP TROOPERS

• PS3 Gamer Tag: memechke1

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hello everybody i can not make it work
I look and install like i see on youtube
But the moment i click on b2s screen to check on plugins
The plugins setting stay off and can not see of it is connected or not
Maybe is this the reason anybody i idea how fix this
??sorry for my english i am french

#119 mrkai

mrkai

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Wizard

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:31 AM

Ok.

I have some questions and maybe suggestions, as well as a 'beta beta' access request, but first, let me set some context:

https://youtu.be/ogzCtyLoVVc

That's a run of the mill Data East Batman using alt sounds. Please excuse my less than studio quality lighting and sound.

Dave, you are definitely onto something here. I was able o do as much as you see there, with zero code. I could have *easily* don't more with a couple of tiny enhancements and better docs for sure, but I wanted you, and anyone else who might be 'chin-scratching' and nay-saying to know that I ain't Terry, a 'vet' at this stuff. I saw what he did with TRON, and committed myself to doing as much as the tool would let me w/o physically changing the table. 

This is the way to go.

Now, I have some questions...

Edited by mrkai, 30 November 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#120 mrkai

mrkai

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Wizard

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

Hello everybody i can not make it work
I look and install like i see on youtube
But the moment i click on b2s screen to check on plugins
The plugins setting stay off and can not see of it is connected or not

This happened to me on one of my computers. Make sure you are not running an old version, like 1.0.0, of the B2S software. I had an old version in my VPX folder for some reason, and a later one in my tables folder.

See if that helps.