#1 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,007 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:29 AM

Once release DOFLinx V5.20 will be available here.

The big new feature is the addition of addressable LEDs (MX) for FX2 and FP.  Many thanks to TerryRed.

If you have addressable LEDs configured you will need to download a new DOF config for your setup with the new rom names for the fx2 and fp games.  In the case of a Teensy your Directoutputconfig30.ini needs these rom names to work correctly.  As we add configuration for new games, regular updating of your Directoutputconfig30.ini is recommended.

TerryRed will be uploading some MX capable FP tables very shortly, and I must say, they look good.

You will need to replace the DOFLinx.vbs file in your \FP\Scripts\ folder with the new one.

For FX2 and FP tables without specifically coded MX commands it is possible to set AUTO_MX=1 in your DOFLinx.ini to get some basic MX commands happening until specific coding is done per game.  The games with specific coding so far are:

FP - Masters of the Universe

FP - RetroFlare

FP - Star Wars Death Star Assault

FP - WipeOut

FX2- Aliens

FX2 - Aliens Vs Preditor

FX2 - Alien Isolation

FX2 - American Dad

FX2 - Archer

FX2 - Bob's Burgers

FX2 - Doom

FX2 - El Dorado

FX2 - Wolverine

FX2 - XMen

So, plenty to choose from.

The release also has new FX2 files for the recently released FX2 active backglass B2S.

The release notes are:

V5.20 24/9/17
- Update FX2 memory triggers to handle Pinball FX2.exe update circa 23/9/17
- Add new optional parameter DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=
  If you have a DOF global config file, use this parameter to point to it
  DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=c:\DirectOuput\Config\GLobalConfig_b2sServer.xml
- Add detection of Teensy addressable LED controller
- Add test routine for any DOF configured ROM and element
- Tidy up some logging messages
- Add support for addressable LED commands from FX2 and FP
  FX2 will require new FX2 files, only some games have been updated so far, new FX2 files will keep coming
  FP will require the replacement of the DOFLinx.vbs file in your \FP\scripts\ folder
- New parameter AUTO_MX=
  Default is 0, being off
  Set to 1 "AUTO_MX=1" to enable some MX functionality for FP and FX2 games not yet fully scripted

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#2 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,808 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

It is a day many have been waiting for! Congrats DDH69 on your hard work!

The Future Pinball tables that I have updated so far are coming... I will have them up at some point either today or tomorrow (and then awaiting approval), so please be patient. 

We are also assuming that you already have your addressable leds setup and working with DOF and Visual Pinball before trying out DOFLinx MX addressable leds with FP and FX2. 

DOFLinx MX compared to standard DOFLinx

- all Future Pinball tables that I update to support the addressable leds will now be designated with   "DOFLinx MX", "DOFLinx MX Cabinet"  or  "DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition".

- to use the DOFLinx MX version of a Future Pinball table, you MUST have DOFLinx 5.20 or higher installed.

- you do not require addressable leds to use a DOFLinx MX version of a Future Pinball table. The regular DOF devices (solenoids, flashers, strobes, beacons, shaker, etc) will work like normal through DOFLinx.

- if you do have addressable leds, then you MUST update your DOF config files (directoutputconfig30.ini) by using DOF Config Tool. This is done the exact same way you would for visual pinball tables.  (Thanks to Arngrim for adding support for FP and FX2 to DOF Config Tool)

- just because a FP or FX2 table is on DOF Config Tool, doesn't mean its updated to DOFLinx MX yet. We asked Arngim to add alot of tables at once so we wouldn't have to keep bugging him to add new tables in the future. The FX2 tables will all get updated by DDH69 progressively.  I will update my FP DOFLinx table mods as well. The other tables are tables that will most likely be updated in the future. If there are no DOF commands showing for a table, its not supported yet.

To play a Future Pinball table with addressable leds support (DOFLinx MX):

- update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new DOFLinx.vbs to "Future Pinball \ Scripts"

- add DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=c:\DirectOuput\Config\GLobalConfig_b2sServer.xml   (assuming you have it there)  to your DOFLinx.ini 

- download the awesomeness of a Future Pinball DOFLinx MX table

- check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (you will see FP tables start with "FP:") If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.

- "Generate" a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your "DirectOutput \ Configs"  folder.

- play the epicness that is Future Pinball and addressable leds!

To play FX2 tables with addressable leds support:

- update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new FX2 config files

- check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (FX2 tables start with  "FX2:")  If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.

- "Generate" a new a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your "DirectOutput \ Configs"  folder.

- play the coolness that is FX2 and addressable leds!

Note about AUTO_MX:

- AUTO_MX is intended to give a temporary solution for MX effects (for tables that aren't updated yet) until all tables are fully updated to proper DOFLinx MX support.

- if you enable AUTO_MX=1, you will get "Basic" MX effects for ALL Future Pinball tables and FX2 tables that have normal DOFLinx support. Very cool feature. Do keep in mind that this is not the same as having a table with FULL DOFLinx MX support.  These basic effects will all have the same colours used, same effects, same shapes, and won't have any change in timing, etc.   

- take note of new updated tables that come out. In particular FP tables, as they will all be very unique and have lots of custom animated effects. ( at least my mods will....)    ;)

- keep an eye out for updated FP and FX2 tables, as its a big difference compared using tables with AUTO_MX enabled.

DOF Config Tool:

- the great thing about DOF Config Tool is that you can change MX effects to your liking in your own custom config. You won't have to do anything with the FX2 or FP table that has DOFLinx MX support. Just make sure you use the same triggers.

Bring on the glory of burnt out retinas!!!

Update:

I wanted to create a list of thank-yous for getting us to this point.

DDH69:  for creating the excellent and amazing DOFLinx.   To think it all started with a little program called DOFFX2 that triggered DOF devices with a key. Then some crazy red-head kept pestering you with endless ideas....and here we are about a year later.... look at what you have done! :)

Swisslizard: for the excellent DOF, and the awesome addressable led features, as well as creating some table effects and examples.

Arngrim:  for adding in my suggestions and additions of numbers, letters, and characters to DOF Config Tool, as well as adding in support for FP and PFX2 tables.

randr: for creating an amazing example of addressable leds with his cabinet, and for all the help he provided me with setting mine up.  He also made some awesome MX effects for VP tables for me to learn from and was also instrumental with new ideas for how to use addressable leds.

gech: for also creating some great addressable led effects for VP tables.

...and anyone else who helped me and was involved in bringing addressable leds to virtual pinball.

Edited by TerryRed, 24 September 2017 - 07:24 PM.

#3 hlr53

hlr53

Pinball Fan

• Gold Supporter
  • 683 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: 1964 Williams Palooka Joe

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

:otvclap:  :love39:

Former Cab: 40" Haier, 28" I-INC, i7-6700, 1080 GPU, v3DMD, 4D7 solenoids. Altec-Lansing speakers and sub. Artwork by Stuzza. Printing by Brad Bowman. VR HP reverb

#4 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,808 posts

Contributor

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:43 AM

Well here is a video of the world's first Future Pinball table to support addressable leds! You've never seen a lightshow like this before!

Table will be available here when approved:

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=13089

#5 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,808 posts

Contributor

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:04 AM

...and here is the most explosive light show in any pinball cabinet! Love how this turned out!

Goota goto bed, but I'll upload the table later tonight!

#6 rablack97

rablack97

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tron Legacy

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:03 AM

Downloaded 5.20 and Terry's new table, and could not get it to work.

Last working version is 4.22c, 4.30 on and the DOFlinx stops working.

I have tried running it independently and within pinball X, i do get the doflinx logo at start-up, but that's about it.  Something seems to be blocking the link in the newer versions.

Running latest dof r3 and current dof config tool files.

#7 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:21 AM

It's best to start a new post with this problem.

Clear your log then try running, Then post your DOFLinx.ini and DOFLinx.log files.

#8 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,808 posts

Contributor

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

Here's a new FX2 video showing off the complete cabinet experience with DOFLinx.  

Addressable leds, B2S, full DOF feedback and lighting, and freezy's dmdext for nice dots on the DMD.

#9 psmiraglia

psmiraglia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

Would someone with a Teensy and a PacLead64 be willing to share their complete doflinx.ini ? I'm trying to go from teh guide and not having much luck with it. I rather start from a well-known file, and modify it, rather than start a lengthy thread on the issues I have. thanks in advance.

#10 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,007 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

Would someone with a Teensy and a PacLead64 be willing to share their complete doflinx.ini ? I'm trying to go from teh guide and not having much luck with it. I rather start from a well-known file, and modify it, rather than start a lengthy thread on the issues I have. thanks in advance.

I love it when people share, but keep in mind, for DOFLinx this isn't going to help much.  There is nothing Teensy specific in the DOFLinx.INI, just addressable LED specific.  The Teensy is handled by the DOF R3.  As for using a PacLED64, similar thing, once you have it recognised as an output controller by DOFLinx the configuration is all about what you've got connected to each of your outputs and that's usually cabinet specific.

If you need help getting setup there are plenty around here who will chip in.  Just start a new thread about getting you configuration setup right.  Include:

a) a list of what is connected to each output on your PacLED64

b) a copy of your DOFLinx.INI so far

c) a summary of what isn't working

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#11 Avi

Avi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

• Flag: Chile

• Favorite Pinball: Avengers

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Here's a new FX2 video showing off the complete cabinet experience with DOFLinx.  

Addressable leds, B2S, full DOF feedback and lighting, and freezy's dmdext for nice dots on the DMD.

Hola TerryRed.

which are the addressable led. how do they connect.

which are the addressable led. how do they connect

#12 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

This is what i did and used

http://www.vpforums....=38911&p=392315

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DOFLinx