#41 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

Real 4K Tables Since 2013

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:17 PM

I never played with my balls, I mean the balls in VP9 because it alway just looked and acted like an air hockey puck...

26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif

#42 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,893 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

So I take it, there is no possibility of adjusting the size of the Decal to where it covers the whole Pinball in VP9?

The pinballs I have been using for the NFL Mods kind of look like playing with a hockey puck.(Because the Decal Image doesn't cover whole Pinball.)

I think i will be re-uploading the NFL Mods with a new starting Pinball.

I found this Disco Ball that seems to look great on the table.

It was a "Cut Out", so no need for transparency, but as soon as I modified it to fill pic more,(It was tiny ball before I Cropped the Pic.) in paint program, It makes edges black, so you need to set the transparency to black for this one.

With a small team logo for front and back decals on Pinball, this Disco ball looks like it is spinning instead of the "Hockey Puck" effect I get with the NFL Bowling Balls I have been using.(Even with decal logos on these, the main Logo never spins, so still looks like "Hockey Puck". I will still include these "Hockey Puck" looking Pinballs, but will make this disco ball with 2 tiny Team Logos the Starting Pinball for all the NFL Mods.

Here is the Disco Ball....

moonball0_t.png

And here is the Disco Pinball on new Bears Table I am working on.(Haven't added Player Decals yet, and using Steelers Goalkeeper until done)

capture8_t.png

capturea1_t.png

captureb0_t.png

On this screenshot you can barely see the Bears "C" Logo.

capturec_t.png

Let me know what you think, good or bad.

Should I make this Disco Ball the Starting Pinball for all the NFL Mods?

Or is there a way of making the tiny decals BIGGER?

I also will be adding a Football Pinball, seeing how the other Bowling Ball Pinballs act like "Hockey Pucks".

This will be added to every table....

moonballf_t.png

With the 2 Tiny NFL Team Logo Decals on this, it looks like it does spin a bit!

Let me know what you think, and if there is a way to make the decals cover the whole pinball.

PS..... Steelers Mods have just been approved. You won't find them on recently Updated or New Release Section, as I have asked Noah personally to make sure these tables don't push anyone elses "Great" tables out of view in those Sections.

You will have to go to the Table Downloads Section and click the Recent Tab to see my uploads.

Carry on,

Keep on Pinballin'

Edited by xenonph, 01 July 2016 - 07:53 PM.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#43 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:29 AM

this is a question for JP... he was the main user of that option that i can remember....

#44 chokeee

chokeee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

• Flag: Poland

• Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

I was looking for the perfect ball that would look good on every table. I went through many of them and finally I got it ;) At home in my cab I have several levels of brightness of that ball. I can send them later if someone will be interested.

pinball.png

Edited by chokeee, 06 July 2016 - 12:10 PM.

#45 Drybonz

Drybonz

Really bad at pinball, but having fun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

It would be great if the ball images could be kept in the VPX folders so that you would have the same set for every single table you played... for instance if there were a balls folder (can't wait to see the comments on this) in the Visual Pinball directory and it had 20 or 30 balls for you to pick from, maybe in the video options or something.

#46 atarian

atarian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: EMs

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

I was looking for a perfect ball that would look good on every table. I went through many of them and finally I got it ;) At home in my cab I have several levels of brightness of that ball. I can send them later if someone will be interested.

pinball.png

Yes please - would be great to have the set :)

#47 Mark70

Mark70

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Jack*Bot, Junk Yard, ToM, Twilight Zone, AFM, T2, ST-2013, Pinball Champ 82

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

I just tried the ball from the first post on a dark table. I like it and the ball is easier to see now. Thank you!

Just to be sure, changing the ball image (and Decal) does not change the behavior of the ball, right?

br

#48 BorgDog

BorgDog

We come in peace.. shoot to kill.. shoot to kill.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Alien Star, TNA

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

I just tried the ball from the first post on a dark table. I like it and the ball is easier to see now. Thank you!
Just to be sure, changing the ball image (and Decal) does not change the behavior of the ball, right?
br

Correct all this is just for looks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#49 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,393 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

Yes, that first ball is nice, I made it by using a screenshot of the ball used in Zen Pinball, and I added some extra lights and gray shades :) This is now the default ball in VPX.1

Here is a compilation of balls. Some of them I took from other tables/internet, and others I made them myself from screenshots of real balls or other games, like the Zen Pinball, and some are mixed together.

Greetings

JP

Edited by jpsalas, 03 July 2016 - 05:29 PM.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#50 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,393 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

(double post) I need to update Firefox :)

Edited by jpsalas, 03 July 2016 - 05:29 PM.

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#51 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

(double post) I need to update Firefox :)

JP can you answer this post, I think your the only one i know that can... its about VP9 and the logo option

http://www.vpforums....e=3#entry349054

#52 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,393 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

So I take it, there is no possibility of adjusting the size of the Decal to where it covers the whole Pinball in VP9?

The pinballs I have been using for the NFL Mods kind of look like playing with a hockey puck.(Because the Decal Image doesn't cover whole Pinball.)

I think i will be re-uploading the NFL Mods with a new starting Pinball.

I found this Disco Ball that seems to look great on the table.

It was a "Cut Out", so no need for transparency, but as soon as I modified it to fill pic more,(It was tiny ball before I Cropped the Pic.) in paint program, It makes edges black, so you need to set the transparency to black for this one.

With a small team logo for front and back decals on Pinball, this Disco ball looks like it is spinning instead of the "Hockey Puck" effect I get with the NFL Bowling Balls I have been using.(Even with decal logos on these, the main Logo never spins, so still looks like "Hockey Puck". I will still include these "Hockey Puck" looking Pinballs, but will make this disco ball with 2 tiny Team Logos the Starting Pinball for all the NFL Mods.

Here is the Disco Ball....

moonball0_t.png

And here is the Disco Pinball on new Bears Table I am working on.(Haven't added Player Decals yet, and using Steelers Goalkeeper until done)

capture8_t.png

capturea1_t.png

captureb0_t.png

On this screenshot you can barely see the Bears "C" Logo.

capturec_t.png

Let me know what you think, good or bad.

Should I make this Disco Ball the Starting Pinball for all the NFL Mods?

Or is there a way of making the tiny decals BIGGER?

I also will be adding a Football Pinball, seeing how the other Bowling Ball Pinballs act like "Hockey Pucks".

This will be added to every table....

moonballf_t.png

With the 2 Tiny NFL Team Logo Decals on this, it looks like it does spin a bit!

Let me know what you think, and if there is a way to make the decals cover the whole pinball.

PS..... Steelers Mods have just been approved. You won't find them on recently Updated or New Release Section, as I have asked Noah personally to make sure these tables don't push anyone elses "Great" tables out of view in those Sections.

You will have to go to the Table Downloads Section and click the Recent Tab to see my uploads.

Carry on,

Keep on Pinballin'

About the logo in Vp9 balls: it can't be made bigger. The only thing you can do is to make your logo fill the whole picture (64x64 or 128x128). I used my avatar as a logo in most of my older tables. That "logo" was mostly to see the ball rolling.

vp.jpg

#53 Fuzion9

Fuzion9

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone Bally

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

I'd lose my balls if they weren't in a bag :shutup1:

#54 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:35 PM

I'd lose my balls if they weren't in a bag :shutup1:

I lost mine the day I got married.  According to the pre-nup I get them back 2 years after we divorce. It was a condition of keeping my PinCab.... for the record, I didn't hesitate to sign ;) 

Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitterhttps://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagramhttps://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Workhttp://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.

#55 robertms

robertms

Control Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Steve Ritchie designs

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:40 AM

It would be great if the ball images could be kept in the VPX folders so that you would have the same set for every single table you played... for instance if there were a balls folder (can't wait to see the comments on this) in the Visual Pinball directory and it had 20 or 30 balls for you to pick from, maybe in the video options or something.

Yes, excellent idea for a balls folder in the VP directory. Let's call it "ballsack", lol...

Hey, you asked for comments....

Edited by robertms, 04 July 2016 - 02:43 AM.

Behold Godzilla! Check out my monster pincab project here: http://www.vpforums....topic=32236&hl=

#56 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

VPX has this option... and I tried it before but i thought it gave me some micro shutter... it might have been just in my head

post-73849-0-09456700-1467601175.png

Attached Files

#57 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:39 AM

If you can clearly see what is being reflected in the ball image it would probably be a bad choice. I see outdoor structures, and people (live people).

#58 RustyCardores

RustyCardores

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Flash, Playboy, Fishtales & Attack From Mars!

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:45 PM

If you can clearly see what is being reflected in the ball image it would probably be a bad choice. I see outdoor structures, and people (live people).

Agreed. That's why I started playing with JP's balls again today. He has one in his list that is featureless. I personally find JP's original of it a but dull, but a quick trip to photoshop to increase the contrast and it plays pretty well.

Rusty Cardores (Russell Stewart) - Gold Coast, Australia

Twitterhttps://twitter.com/RustyPinball  |  Instagramhttps://www.instagra.../rusty.pinball/  |  Workhttp://www.australianlight.com.au (Australian Landscape Photography)

'SSF' - Get awesome VPX Surround Sound Tactile Feedback in your cab https://www.facebook...oups/SSFeedback/

'Virtual Topper' - It's cooler than you might think! Check out the pics on my Instagram.

#59 chokeee

chokeee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

• Flag: Poland

• Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

Here you go atarian

pinball.pngpinball1.pngpinball2.pngpinball3.pngpinball4.pngpinball5.pngpinball6.png

#60 robertms

robertms

Control Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Steve Ritchie designs

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:31 PM

Here you go atarian

pinball.pngpinball1.pngpinball2.pngpinball3.pngpinball4.pngpinball5.pngpinball6.png

You got great balls chokeee, thanks for sharing them with our community! Seriously man, I like your balls. Did I just say that? Oh dear, there's just no graceful way to say this is there... Ball images, yeah that's it, I like your ball images, thank you.

Behold Godzilla! Check out my monster pincab project here: http://www.vpforums....topic=32236&hl=

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BALLS