• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Addams

• PS3 Gamer Tag: sss
  • 360 Gamer Tag: sss

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

I'm making a visual pinball coffee table cabinet, with only one 32'' screen. So I'm trying Full Screen Cabinet tables, not Full Screen B2S Cabinet because I don't want a backglass screen (this will be my next project).

But when I try some tables, I found tables in this section that stands for B2S (like Big Brave VP915 FS dB2S), and others need the B2S server like Big Top (Gottlieb 1964) 1.1.

I understand (or misunderstant) than I don't need the B2S Server if I want to play with just one screen. But I also want to play all the possible tables in this section.

#2 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

Did you try playing them? They will work but no scoring will be displayed. You might have change one line in the script

#3 joanillo

joanillo

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

VP complains that I don't have B2S Server. Do you mean that if I change just one line (I read something about in another post) I could play the table?

#4 htamas

htamas

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,155 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

For Big Brave without the B2S references, you need this: http://www.vpforums....s&showfile=7961

However as it was mentioned, this will show no scores. The scores are shown only on the backglass because this has no DMD (it's an EM table).

#5 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:52 PM

Yes you could play any table with just the vpinmame dmd/scoreboard. That is the one line you are likely referring to.

* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

#6 joanillo

joanillo

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

I tested already the other one (Big Brave VP915 FS 1.1.1), and it works. I was just asking why there is the other one (Big Brave VP915 FS dB2S) in FS section. I would try to change the B2S reference in the script this night or tomorrow.

#7 allknowing2012

allknowing2012

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: bucaneer

Contributor

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

There wasnt too much consistency in categorizing the older tables when "B2S" first came around.. there are B2S tables that have an .exe backglass. Those are becoming fewer and fewer. You want B2S tables that use the new directb2s file backglasses :-) Hope that isnt too confusing lol.

Edited by allknowing2012, 30 May 2016 - 05:15 PM.

* I don't know everything - I just have no life *
testimageNL

#8 htamas

htamas

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,155 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:30 AM

I tested already the other one (Big Brave VP915 FS 1.1.1), and it works. I was just asking why there is the other one (Big Brave VP915 FS dB2S) in FS section. I would try to change the B2S reference in the script this night or tomorrow.

It is in the FS section because it IS a full screen table. However contrary to a ROM-driven table, this one has the dB2S code references built-in so it doesn't work without the corresponding dB2S backglass.

The original table from jpsalas works in FS mode without a backglass but since it was rotated from desktop format (which has the scoring reels on the backdrop), this one doesn't show the scores in FS format. You'd have to add scoring reels, for example similar to how CONRAM29 coded his high score feature. Then you could see the scores in your cocktail cabinet, for instance on the apron or wherever you want to place the reels.

Edited by htamas, 31 May 2016 - 04:36 AM.